Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Awe, did someone get their feelings hurt? LOL
    No, you just don’t get it! I don’t care how many good throws he made in the second half. If the STU linebackers hold on to those two balls, it’s a far different game. Same goes for the Hurst game last week. He continuously makes stupid throws and it WILL comeback to haunt them! The luck will run out! This IUP team could easily be 2-2. I’m making a legit assessment, not the Homer version like you!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No, you just don’t get it! I don’t care how many good throws he made in the second half. If the STU linebackers hold on to those two balls, it’s a far different game. Same goes for the Hurst game last week. He continuously makes stupid throws and it WILL comeback to haunt them! The luck will run out! This IUP team could easily be 2-2. I’m making a legit assessment, not the Homer version like you!
      One trend you have to like is the points given up has decreased every week….hopefully it continues.

Comment

Don’t you think every QB and every team that is any good at some point benefits from luck?

In 2017, IUP loses to Assumption if that QB wasn’t over the line of scrimmage when he throws it. Hell, that same team beat Clarion by one that year. I remember another year at Clarion in early 2000s when IUP won because the clarion kicker missed an XP in overtime.

It went in IUP’s favor yesterday. Sometimes the breaks go your way and sometimes they don’t. If slippery rock had made its two XPs yesterday, that game may have turned out different.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Don’t you think every QB and every team that is any good at some point benefits from luck?

In 2017, IUP loses to Assumption if that QB wasn’t over the line of scrimmage when he throws it. Hell, that same team beat Clarion by one that year. I remember another year at Clarion in early 2000s when IUP won because the clarion kicker missed an XP in overtime.

It went in IUP’s favor yesterday. Sometimes the breaks go your way and sometimes they don’t. If slippery rock had made its two XPs yesterday, that game may have turned out different.
          Absolutely.

I mean three blocks punts was the difference of IUP being 7-3 instead of 9-1 last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

The luck didn't just go their way yesterday. It's now been 3 of the four games that Sexton has thrown the ball to the other team and they haven't held on. That luck will run out at some point. Also, a QB throwing past the line isn't luck, that's a mental error vs physical error.

This team visually isn't one of the best. If it wasn't for the luck of the drop INTs and Duane Brown constantly bailing Sexton out on all those contested catches this team could be 2-2 or even 1-3. I haven't even discussed the constantly miscommunication is the secondary!

Comment

The luck didn't just go their way yesterday. It's now been 3 of the four games that Sexton has thrown the ball to the other team and they haven't held on. That luck will run out at some point. Also, a QB throwing past the line isn't luck, that's a mental error vs physical error.

This team visually isn't one of the best. If it wasn't for the luck of the drop INTs and Duane Brown constantly bailing Sexton out on all those contested catches this team could be 2-2 or even 1-3. I haven't even discussed the constantly miscommunication is the secondary!
              I thought the possession they really looked out of whack was SRU's second score. They were late getting players on and off and I believe had the wrong personel on the field for the scoring play.

SRU's first dropped pick ... dude would have walked in to the endzone. Major bullet avoided there.

Changing gears, the decision to not kick the chip shot FG and go up 10-0 was very interesting. Add to it running it up the gut twice in a row was also interesting.

Comment

• Some of you all are miserable for having a 4-0 team that just beat your hated rivals. Everyone has things to work on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                  Some of you all are miserable for having a 4-0 team that just beat your hated rivals. Everyone has things to work on.
                  Not miserable at all. Just not a fanboy and acting like this team is unbeatable. The fanboys don’t want to hear the truth!

Comment

• Geez! All this "what if-ism." The key is that every week they have to get better. If we win all is good.

I think the team is showing character and resiliency. They have another big challenge, maybe a bigger challenge, coming this Saturday.

Portraying 2 endzone interceptions against a potent balanced offense as a bad thing? C'mon.

If you want to discuss what if's then from what I could see on my computer screen was that the interference call on IUP at the back of the endzone was not interference (though I can understand why it was called that way). Also, the SRU receiver clearly fumbled and was recovered by IUP but that wasn't called. Upon watching the replay, it's hard to say he didn't have possession.

None of that matters. On to Cal U.

( I will note that the SRU offense is very explosive but they seem to have a problem closing the deal on their drives. They had the same problem the previous week against SHU.)

Comment

Not miserable at all. Just not a fanboy and acting like this team is unbeatable. The fanboys don’t want to hear the truth!
                      Listen here buddy, if slimy pebble could have Mak Sexton they would die to have him, but guess what they don’t have him, the Hawks landed the big time transfer. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

• One more thing, Mak Sexton has the best arm strength in the whole entire region. Fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Listen here buddy, if slimy pebble could have Mak Sexton they would die to have him, but guess what they don’t have him, the Hawks landed the big time transfer. You have no idea what you are talking about.
                          I pick things up I set them down.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            Now...it's time for them to focus on ending the Adamson Curse.
                            Oh, the memories....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JH337b5h2Ak

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                              Some of you all are miserable for having a 4-0 team that just beat your hated rivals. Everyone has things to work on.
                              Some of them are a gloomy bunch. I'm just turning handsprings because the three teams I follow are a combined 4-11 so far this year, and that's not including the Bears, probably the crappiest 2-2 team in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                                One more thing, Mak Sexton has the best arm strength in the whole entire region. Fact.
                                Who has the 2nd strongest arm in the region?

The best WR in country. The best rb in the region. A QB that would make Ricky Vaughn jealous. Natty here we come!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X