Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Who has the 2nd strongest arm in the region?

The best WR in country. The best rb in the region. A QB that would make Ricky Vaughn jealous. Natty here we come!!
    The California Penal League

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Some of them are a gloomy bunch. I'm just turning handsprings because the three teams I follow are a combined 4-11 so far this year, and that's not including the Bears, probably the crappiest 2-2 team in the NFL.
      I dont see not being thrilled your QB has thrown the ball 5x? to the chest of your opponents in 4 games that were all dropped being gloomy. I'd say it's realistic to expect that luck to run out.

Good think for IUP is beat Cal and your basically hosting Shepherd in Nov.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
        One more thing, Mak Sexton has the best arm strength in the whole entire region. Fact.
        What's his long toss? I wouldnt be surprised if the kid from Gannon has a stronger arm. But I'm not an expert on the other QB's in the region.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The California Penal League
          We wear caps and sleeves at this level, son.

Comment

We wear caps and sleeves at this level, son.
            Or a better one for the topic of "potential" picks"

"We better teach this kid some control before he hurts somebody."

Comment

I dont see not being thrilled your QB has thrown the ball 5x? to the chest of your opponents in 4 games that were all dropped being gloomy. I'd say it's realistic to expect that luck to run out.

Good think for IUP is beat Cal and your basically hosting Shepherd in Nov.
              So in other words your QB has probably underperformed, and yet you're unbeaten coming off a win over your biggest rival. Sexton threw a pick-6 against Ship, but he also threw a helluva lot of passes to his own guys and tore us up. The vast majority of teams in the PSAC would love to have IUP's problem QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

So in other words your QB has probably underperformed, and yet you're unbeaten coming off a win over your biggest rival. Sexton threw a pick-6 against Ship, but he also threw a helluva lot of passes to his own guys and tore us up. The vast majority of teams in the PSAC would love to have IUP's problem QB.
                So Sexton has the highest passer efficiency rating in the psac. I couldn’t find a column for most passes that should have been intercepted or passes that shouldn’t have been caught but were. Usually though if someone keeps getting lucky, it’s not really luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

So Sexton has the highest passer efficiency rating in the psac. I couldn’t find a column for most passes that should have been intercepted or passes that shouldn’t have been caught but were. Usually though if someone keeps getting lucky, it’s not really luck.
                  From what I saw of the weather conditions for that game, both teams played about as well as could be expected. Turnovers are as much a matter of poor execution as luck. Your team is not necessarily lucky when the make an interception. It's often a matter of the other team, either the QB or receiver, not throwing the ball where it needs to go or running a proper pass route. If my team has a defender in position to take advantage of that mistake, I don't think it's necessarily luck. In a weird way, I think part of Sexton's occasional loosey-goosey with the ball could be due to the skill of his receivers such as Brown. I thought the last TD ball he threw to Brown looked like an interception waiting to happen, but Brown went over the defender, grabbed the ball, and made it look like a piece of cake. When you've got a guy who can do that, it can spoil you and encourage you to take a few more shots.

Comment

Who has the 2nd strongest arm in the region?

The best WR in country. The best rb in the region. A QB that would make Ricky Vaughn jealous. Natty here we come!!
                    Tyson bagent.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8lXvmmwc84
                      Tort is on inside D2 Football tonight at 8:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No, you just don’t get it! I don’t care how many good throws he made in the second half. If the STU linebackers hold on to those two balls, it’s a far different game. Same goes for the Hurst game last week. He continuously makes stupid throws and it WILL comeback to haunt them! The luck will run out! This IUP team could easily be 2-2. I’m making a legit assessment, not the Homer version like you!
                        Did you know that Sexton has a higher passer rating than any of the last three IUP QBs? That’s better than Lenny, Maxwell, and Woodberry. I get that you don’t like him and I don’t disagree that he’s made some questionable throws. If you go back and watch the game again, you’ll see he made some incredible throws that a lot of guys at this level struggle to make. I don’t think that’s being a homer to recognize that. I never liked Woodberry much like you don’t like Sexton. I get it, but I think the numbers speak for themselves. Maybe he will make a bad throw that costs IUP a game, who knows. My main point is this kid, in my opinion, has skills that no recent IUP quarterback had.

Comment

• Torts is Live on the D2Football chat on Facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            Torts is Live on the D2Football chat on Facebook.
                            He's telling a national audience to buy IUP gear from the Co-Op Store.

Comment

• Tort had a great interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                                …and all that funny money The Godfather slushed into the program. And they never made the finals.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X