Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I go back far enough to remember when you scheduled Shepherd if you wanted an easy win. That certainly turned around.
    I remember we were trying to beat big bad Shippensburg back in the day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

For those of us who remember when Cal was a guaranteed easy win, isn't it weird to think that IUP is 5-11 vs. the Vulcans since Frank Cignetti retired?
      A lot of shady things have gone on at Cal since Frank retired. No denying it!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Jail yard U!

Comment

• Tort said tonight Fowler is out for the season.

Comment

Pay attention. That era ended in '16 with the switch from KELLER to DUNN. The play isn't quite to the same level but the program is successful and generally very clean. VULCAN FANS are happy !!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Tort said tonight Fowler is out for the season.
              Tough loss... ACL?

Comment

Tough loss... ACL?
                "Broken bone in his leg" was the prognosis given on the show.

So, that's now a major starter on both sides.

They do have some good depth there but major loss regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Pay attention. That era ended in '16 with the switch from KELLER to DUNN. The play isn't quite to the same level but the program is successful and generally very clean. VULCAN FANS are happy !!
                  You guys will forever be JAIL YARD U!

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Yeah but only a 1 game suspension for felony intent to deliver? That's a joke. Kid should be suspended from school for at least a semester. Not sitting one game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah but only a 1 game suspension for felony intent to deliver? That's a joke. Kid should be suspended from school for at least a semester. Not sitting one game.
                      Then they essentially held him hostage there, too.

That whole story is so bizarre. But ... stars get different treatment.

Comment

For those of us who remember when Cal was a guaranteed easy win, isn't it weird to think that IUP is 5-11 vs. the Vulcans since Frank Cignetti retired?
                        There was a long time the whole Pee Sack West was an easy win for IUP. The Home Office took care of that…

Comment

What's not to like about Harry?

128-219-4-1,904 with 25 TDs in only 8 games (7th in the nation in passing efficiency), like you said, speaks for itself.

I can't think of any reason to blame him for any of IUP's three losses last season.

If you want to complain about anything, it's that he got COVID and missed the first two games.
                          Actually Harry only present for 2 losses. In addition he lit up SRU and Cal likeca christmas tree.

Comment

What's not to like about Harry?

128-219-4-1,904 with 25 TDs in only 8 games (7th in the nation in passing efficiency), like you said, speaks for itself.

I can't think of any reason to blame him for any of IUP's three losses last season.

If you want to complain about anything, it's that he got COVID and missed the first two games.
                            It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I liked Harry, but for some reason I had a bias where I expected something bad to happen. That’s the point I was trying to make. IUPAlum, for whatever reason, has a bias against Sexton and I was trying to draw a comparison. I should have elaborated.

Woodberry was a very good quarterback and it would have been nice to have him around for more than a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I mentioned it the other day but when IUP had to punt with 1:32 left in the fourth quarter (after throwing incomplete and giving SRU basically a free timeout) ... in a freaking windy monsoon with a freshman punter and a freshman long-snapper ...

You talk about a tense moment. If that snap goes high or they block it ... SRU was in prime real estate. That clean punt won't show up in any game stories or anything ... but that was one of the defining moments of this season -- especially after the shock trauma of a year ago with that unit.

So much could have gone wrong at that moment. You couldn't really tell on the screen but it was the oddest weather the whole second half. The wind was changing directions about every 30 seconds and it was pouring when they snapped that punt. Big congrats to those boys.

I may have lined up Sexton in the gun and then had him drop back a few yards and pooch punt it just to make sure they got it off.
                              If you want to have your heart skip a beat, go back and watch that punt again. For whatever reason, Cole Laney lets the outside rusher blow by him without putting a hand on him and he almost got home. Credit the punter for getting it out of there but geez! I’ll yield that the formation they’re now using on punt protection is designed to stop middle penetration and the calculation is the snap is back and kick is away before an outside rusher can get there. This is similar to an extra point. HOWEVER, when you don’t get inside pressure you have to look to the outside and at least get a shove on the end rusher. That was a whisker away from a repeat of the Cal debacle.

Comment

I still remember going down there for a game on the old grass field and standing on the rickety bleachers on the away side thinking what a joke the Cal football program was. IUP destroyed them before halftime and there were more IUP fans there than Cal fans. We can go back and forth about how the turnaround ultimately came to be, but for those of us who saw what it was compared to how it is now, it’s pretty remarkable. Despite the awful outcomes recently, I actually enjoy going to games there. They do a nice job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X