Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't forget Kirby Griffin who was with Slappy after they robbed the Co-op book buy back.
    And Tommie Campbell who was thrown out of both Pitt and Edinboro for academics somehow was eligible at Cal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

And Tommie Campbell who was thrown out of both Pitt and Edinboro for academics somehow was eligible at Cal.
      You don't hear athletes thrown out of D1 for academics very often.

Comment

You don't hear athletes thrown out of D1 for academics very often.
        You can't pass if you don't go to class

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You can't pass if you don't go to class
          All the Saban's of the world have dodged that for decades.

Comment

All the Saban's of the world have dodged that for decades.

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.

Coach Same Winters: Yeah ... but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a dang chemistry experiement?

The Program

Comment

• Nice article about IUP LB DDB in the Tribune-Review.

Comment

Don't forget Kirby Griffin who was with Slappy after they robbed the Co-op book buy back.
                They were not involved in that.
                http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

They were not involved in that.
                  Wrong players but the players that did that robbery ended up at Cal.

Comment

Wrong players but the players that did that robbery ended up at Cal.
                    Nope. Edinboro.
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Well, IUP certainly didn't have all angels here in the 90s. That era is kind of glamorized on here nowadays but Frank had some sleepless nights back then.

The good old days.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Well, IUP certainly didn't have all angels here in the 90s. That era is kind of glamorized on here nowadays but Frank had some sleepless nights back then.

The good old days.
                        I was thinking the same thing. Wasn’t it ultimately the frat house a$$ kicking that was the beginning of the end of so many “second chance” kids transferring in and other questionable characters on the roster? My memory is sketchy on the details but I do recall it being a big deal publicly and people saying enough is enough, which ultimately led to the Lou Tepper and Bo Napoleon era. Matt can set us straight as he often does when we’re a little loose with the facts, LOL.

Speaking of Bo Napoleon, I couldn’t help but do a Google search on him and see he’s a singer and songwriter. He mentions in his website bio that he was awarded an athletic scholarship to Indiana University of Pennsylvania but “…made a conscious decision to pursue music full time and dedicate himself to writing and performing.” For those interested it’s www.bonapoleon.com.
                        Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 10-06-2022, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn’t it ultimately the frat house a$$ kicking that was the beginning of the end of so many “second chance” kids transferring in and other questionable characters on the roster? My memory is sketchy on the details but I do recall it being a big deal publicly and people saying enough is enough, which ultimately led to the Lou Tepper and Bo Napoleon era. Matt can set us straight as he often does when we’re a little loose with the facts, LOL.

Speaking of Bo Napoleon, I couldn’t help but do a Google search on him and see he’s a singer and songwriter. He mentions in his website bio that he was awarded an athletic scholarship to Indiana University of Pennsylvania but “…made a conscious decision to pursue music full time and dedicate himself to writing and performing.” For those interested it’s www.bonapoleon.com.
                          Well, knock on wood but the football program has been very clean now for years. I think the last dust-up was in 2015 -- fitting for that forgettable team.

They are taking less and less transfers. This year's team is largely home-grown. Granted, transfers are different today than in the 90s. Back then many of them needed second (or third or fourth) chances. Many transfers today simply had hurt feelings over a mean coach or a lack of PT.

Comment

• My calculations also say 2015 was the last "team" issue. You can't prevent individual member issues but you can scare the hell out of a team for being collective idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, knock on wood but the football program has been very clean now for years. I think the last dust-up was in 2015 -- fitting for that forgettable team.

They are taking less and less transfers. This year's team is largely home-grown. Granted, transfers are different today than in the 90s. Back then many of them needed second (or third or fourth) chances. Many transfers today simply had hurt feelings over a mean coach or a lack of PT.
                              That wasn't such a bad team. 2 1 point losses to KU and Rock, and then a 2nd round playoff loss to Shepherd. Most of the same guys that weren't kicked out were on the 2017 regional championship team

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

That wasn't such a bad team. 2 1 point losses to KU and Rock, and then a 2nd round playoff loss to Shepherd. Most of the same guys that weren't kicked out were on the 2017 regional championship team
                                My fault. I was thinking of the 2014 team and the Chase Haslett Show.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X