Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Can Fowler qualify for a medical redshirt being he played 3.25 games?
    Based on this article, uhhh ... maybe?

It says "the NCAA has two requirements for a medical redshirt; the injury must have occurred in the first half of the season, and the athlete must have competed in less than 30 percent of the season.”

I'm trying to figure out if playoff games count in the total number of games. If they do, IUP would need to play 14 games for him to drop under the 30 percent threshold.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Looks like 56 and mostly sunny in the Viet Mon Valley tomorrow.

Hopefully that entices many to make the trip.

No word on the IUP Band making the trip yet. It is encouraging they are at least trying. The old regime would have laughed at traveling to a football game.
      The old regime was spiteful. They created a fight song that sucked the life out of the crowd and then annoyed them with Ghostbusters.

Comment

When you weigh all the factors, I'd guess in Las Vegas that IUP would be considered a road underdog tomorrow. Not by much, but probably 3.5 points.
        I think maybe even or IUP -1 or -2. With Cal 3-2 and IUP 4-0. I think IUP is better than Shepherd overall and Kutztown. But I understand why your opinion would be that.

I'm curious if Cal has DB's to make some plays on the infamous 50-50 balls to DB3. So far nobody has.

Sexton clearly outplayed Grover last week. Some luck with dropped picks and that 3rd td pass right at the corner.. but still played much better than Grover. The QB battle this week will be interesting.

To be fair on the 3rd TD the matchup was the backup CB for SRU. I'm guessing Sexton partially threw that because of the matchup and a nice call by the OC right after #2 went down for SRU. Had DB3 matched up on a Rfr small CB.

Grover threw 2 picks in the end zone. The first pick he threw a slant into an IUP Db that was 2 yds inside the wr. Also looked he had the option to hand off and probly shouldve.
        Even the drive they got their first TD he missed an open guy over the middle for a td. Then on 4th down threw the ball way late or he had a guy open again. He got the PI call because he threw it so late. He struggled.

Stewart did a nice job of getting 2-3 yds when it seemed nothing was there at times. IUP also seemed to adjust at halftime and shut down D'or in the 2nd half.

I guess the flip side the 4 biggest plays of the first half all went IUP's way. A dropped SRU pick 6. Two INT's in the endzone by IUP D. And another dropped INT by the SRU D that wouldve ended the IUP td drive in the first half. Much different game mojo if those plays go SRU's way.

DB3 has to be leading the psac in rebounds right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Based on this article, uhhh ... maybe?

It says "the NCAA has two requirements for a medical redshirt; the injury must have occurred in the first half of the season, and the athlete must have competed in less than 30 percent of the season.”

I'm trying to figure out if playoff games count in the total number of games. If they do, IUP would need to play 14 games for him to drop under the 30 percent threshold.
          I feel like your math is wrong. 30% would be 12 games based on him participating in 4 games. So I would think less than 30% IUP would have to play 13 games if playoffs count.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I feel like your math is wrong. 30% would be 12 games based on him participating in 4 games. So I would think less than 30% IUP would have to play 13 games if playoffs count.
            Well, I wasn't a math major, but I am sure that 4 games played out of 12 is 33%.
            4 out of 13 is .30769%, and the NCAA rounds that up to 31%.
            So to get under 30 percent, it would have to be 14 games (29%).

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

I think maybe even or IUP -1 or -2. With Cal 3-2 and IUP 4-0. I think IUP is better than Shepherd overall and Kutztown. But I understand why your opinion would be that.

I'm curious if Cal has DB's to make some plays on the infamous 50-50 balls to DB3. So far nobody has.

Sexton clearly outplayed Grover last week. Some luck with dropped picks and that 3rd td pass right at the corner.. but still played much better than Grover. The QB battle this week will be interesting.

To be fair on the 3rd TD the matchup was the backup CB for SRU. I'm guessing Sexton partially threw that because of the matchup and a nice call by the OC right after #2 went down for SRU. Had DB3 matched up on a Rfr small CB.

Grover threw 2 picks in the end zone. The first pick he threw a slant into an IUP Db that was 2 yds inside the wr. Also looked he had the option to hand off and probly shouldve.
              Even the drive they got their first TD he missed an open guy over the middle for a td. Then on 4th down threw the ball way late or he had a guy open again. He got the PI call because he threw it so late. He struggled.

Stewart did a nice job of getting 2-3 yds when it seemed nothing was there at times. IUP also seemed to adjust at halftime and shut down D'or in the 2nd half.

I guess the flip side the 4 biggest plays of the first half all went IUP's way. A dropped SRU pick 6. Two INT's in the endzone by IUP D. And another dropped INT by the SRU D that wouldve ended the IUP td drive in the first half. Much different game mojo if those plays go SRU's way.

DB3 has to be leading the psac in rebounds right now.

SRU's DL is a terror to run against. They have some serious dudes up front. I did think as the game wore on IUP was starting to gain a little edge on the lines.

IUP's OL vs SRU's DL was worth the price of admission. That was a lot of experienced talent banging heads.

Comment

• Does Cal still only have bathrooms and concession stands on the home side? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• If you’re Tort, what the heck do you say at halftime? Also, number 11 can **** right off - leave him in CalU.

Comment

• Streaks end

Comment

• F**K Jail yard U!! Great road Win for the hawks. Worst officiating game I’ve seen in over 40 years!! 5-0!

Comment

• And one more thing, Cal has more talent than slimy pebble. Fact.

Comment

• IUP can celebrate today but they have A LOT to cleanup on offense. I think the defense, while not great, kept the team in it. Still want to leave #11 in California.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
                            IUP can celebrate today but they have A LOT to cleanup on offense. I think the defense, while not great, kept the team in it. Still want to leave #11 in California.
                            At first I was thinking the same thing. However, it was a big game against his former team. He maybe was too emotional. Perhaps he deserves a pass. But his play much get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

At first I was thinking the same thing. However, it was a big game against his former team. He maybe was too emotional. Perhaps he deserves a pass. But his play much get better.
                              Seems like bad officiating to call unsportsmanlike for just trash talk on a 4th down play though. Guessing there was way worse said the refs didn’t hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Seems like bad officiating to call unsportsmanlike for just trash talk on a 4th down play though. Guessing there was way worse said the refs didn’t hear.
                                The play before, he tackled that RB, who barked something at him. So when he tackled him again on the sidelines, I guess he allowed his emotions to get to him. I just wished his teammates made sure he stayed calm through out the game. Its the Coal Bowl against his former team. We still do not know why he transferred.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X