Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to interupt the Shepherd scholarship discussion ... but, some takeaways from Tort's show last night:

* Jack takes questions from fans in one segment and the first one was why Houser didn't play. Tort said he was available and could have played but didn't practice much last week. He also said J.D. Younger had a great week and was ready to go as RB2. He stressed they are really trying to get Houser up to 100 percent.

* Aside from some bumps and bruises, the team is healthy. Tort said all who played at Cal should be ready for Saturday.

* No answer on the Tyrone Fowler medical redshirt but Tort said they will explore it.

* He's still fuming about the clock situation before IUP's finally TD.

* He praised Sexton's play and said few QBs in D2 could make some of the throws he did Saturday.

* He said the OL performed well against a non-stop blitz and Sexton's quick release was key.

* When asked if revenge is on the mind this week, he gave the perfect coach speak answer and said they won't even bring up last year. I call b.s. on this topic. Lol.

* Hilton Ridley, Coal Bowl MVP, was the special guest.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Not to interupt the Shepherd scholarship discussion ... but, some takeaways from Tort's show last night:

* Jack takes questions from fans in one segment and the first one was why Houser didn't play. Tort said he was available and could have played but didn't practice much last week. He also said J.D. Younger had a great week and was ready to go as RB2. He stressed they are really trying to get Houser up to 100 percent.

* Aside from some bumps and bruises, the team is healthy. Tort said all who played at Cal should be ready for Saturday.

* No answer on the Tyrone Fowler medical redshirt but Tort said they will explore it.

* He praised Sexton's play and said few QBs in D2 could make some of the throws he did Saturday.

* He said the OL performed well against a non-stop blitz and Sexton's quick release was key.

* When asked if revenge is on the mind this week, he gave the perfect coach speak answer and said they won't even bring up last year. I call b.s. on this topic. Lol.

I mean, all coaches give a little BS every now and then. LOL

Comment

Not to interupt the Shepherd scholarship discussion ... but, some takeaways from Tort's show last night:

Yeah seemed like he had to think quickly to explain Houser situation. Don't know why they are so high on him-hasn't done anything since 2019. Also, looking at stats we need more targets in the WR department. Looking at other teams, seems to be more spread out. D. Brown/Ridley have most obviously and rightfully so but going deep into the season, we need more targets. Huge dropoff after those two. Just sayin.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchool IUP View Post

Yeah seemed like he had to think quickly to explain Houser situation. Don't know why they are so high on him-hasn't done anything since 2019. Also, looking at stats we need more targets in the WR department. Looking at other teams, seems to be more spread out. D. Brown/Ridley have most obviously and rightfully so but going deep into the season, we need more targets. Huge dropoff after those two. Just sayin.
          It was nice to see Isaiah Houser grab that huge TD down at Cal. I'd agree I'd also like to see Q. Carter get some more touches. He's really dynamic with the ball in his hands. I thought we'd be seeing more out of the TEs (receptions-wise). Can you imagine if they had Derek Lockhart also out there? Wow.

The more film out there of Houser and Carter being a threat can only take heat off of Brown/Ridley. Both are burners and can be dangerous deep threats.

As for RB Houser ... it has to be so frustrating for all involved (especially him). He could be a star. But, you have to be on the field to be a star. I guess the positive is Younger has really emerged (and is a freshman). Who knows. Perhaps they finally get Houser healthy and he's good to go down the stretch. But, I mentioned the Wally Pipp reference a couple weeks ago. It may have already happened.

Comment

It was nice to see Isaiah Houser grab that huge TD down at Cal. I'd agree I'd also like to see Q. Carter get some more touches. He's really dynamic with the ball in his hands. I thought we'd be seeing more out of the TEs (receptions-wise). Can you imagine if they had Derek Lockhart also out there? Wow.

The more film out there of Houser and Carter being a threat can only take heat off of Brown/Ridley. Both are burners and can be dangerous deep threats.

As for RB Houser ... it has to be so frustrating for all involved (especially him). He could be a star. But, you have to be on the field to be a star. I guess the positive is Younger has really emerged (and is a freshman). Who knows. Perhaps they finally get Houser healthy and he's good to go down the stretch. But, I mentioned the Wally Pipp reference a couple weeks ago. It may have already happened.
            Well, I think we are looking at a 10+ game season (14 or 15?). Every year you reference having a stable of good RB's who all end up being banged up by the end of the year. So, if they are holding Houser out now to increase the likelihood that he doesn't get hurt again, it's probably smart. Younger is a tough runner and he's quick and makes smart moves. Houser has looked really good when he has the opportunity to get carries. I sense the RB situation will all work out.

As for the WR situation, I think they are starting to bring other receivers along but the other part of it is that Brown and Ridley are so good. For the rest of the regular season, I think they will have the opportunity to spread things around more.

As for now, just focus on Edinboro this Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, I think we are looking at a 10+ game season (14 or 15?). Every year you reference having a stable of good RB's who all end up being banged up by the end of the year. So, if they are holding Houser out now to increase the likelihood that he doesn't get hurt again, it's probably smart. Younger is a tough runner and he's quick and makes smart moves. Houser has looked really good when he has the opportunity to get carries. I sense the RB situation will all work out.

As for the WR situation, I think they are starting to bring other receivers along but the other part of it is that Brown and Ridley are so good. For the rest of the regular season, I think they will have the opportunity to spread things around more.

I'm sure you couldn't see it on camera, but Duane was as frustrated as I've ever seen him this past Saturday. Ridley is becoming a legit superstar so that alone should start to take away the constant doubles on Duane. But, logic would certainly say with the amount of attention going to Brown/Ridley, Houser and Carter (and the TEs) should pose giant mismatches. There's no chance dropping LBs could cover Houser or Carter in the open field.

As you said, they should have ample time in the coming weeks to keep developing some things. There's obviously what should be some blowouts on the horizon.

Comment

Agreed 1 game at a time, but personally I don’t think this team has played their best game yet… if most of this team can stay healthy they can be dangerous…They have so many weapons on offense, Not even counting Houser, it’s very hard to defend. Also the defense is coming along. Holding cal u to 21 points and slimey pebble to 12 is impressive. Very excited to see what this team can do…

Comment

I'm sure you couldn't see it on camera, but Duane was as frustrated as I've ever seen him this past Saturday. Ridley is becoming a legit superstar so that alone should start to take away the constant doubles on Duane. But, logic would certainly say with the amount of attention going to Brown/Ridley, Houser and Carter (and the TEs) should pose giant mismatches. There's no chance dropping LBs could cover Houser or Carter in the open field.

As you said, they should have ample time in the coming weeks to keep developing some things. There's obviously what should be some blowouts on the horizon.
                  The more players IUP can get involved the more dangerous they will become on offense. Brown and now Ridley are going but you have to get the other receivers/TE's involved. Put more pressure on the opposing defenses to guard more players. Amazing things will happen.

As far as the RB's are concerned... Hauser is a nobody! Find someone else!

Comment

Yes agree blowouts should be coming. Also saw the frustration in D. Brown so post season I'm sure they will be all over him so hopefully they involve others. Q hasn't done much and please stop running him for losses like in Cal game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The more players IUP can get involved the more dangerous they will become on offense. Brown and now Ridley are going but you have to get the other receivers/TE's involved. Put more pressure on the opposing defenses to guard more players. Amazing things will happen.

As far as the RB's are concerned... Hauser is a nobody! Find someone else!

Yeah-"what have you done for me lately". Whatever happed to Sirianni and Woody?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, remembering 2012 when Harvey Tuck went down, and Rocket Williams stepped in.

Comment

IUP is 5-0 but has had 4 tight games. Hopefully they get the chance to empty the bench some in the coming weeks. Give guys a rest and get the others game reps.

Comment

I actually just looked at this earlier today. Woody has just 3 touches for 8 yards. That's a whole lot of nothing but I saw that he's only played in the East Stroudsburg game. He was often injured at Edinboro so its probably a safe assumption that's why he hasn't been in since.

It looks like Connor Kelly is the much more productive Edinboro transfer. He's second or third on the team for a lot of the stats you'd want for a linebacker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I actually just looked at this earlier today. Woody has just 3 touches for 8 yards. That's a whole lot of nothing but I saw that he's only played in the East Stroudsburg game. He was often injured at Edinboro so its probably a safe assumption that's why he hasn't been in since.

It looks like Connor Kelly is the much more productive Edinboro transfer. He's second or third on the team for a lot of the stats you'd want for a linebacker.
                              I don't think Woody is hurt. I think Woody and Sirianni both played against ESU because Stewart had Covid and Houser was hurt. Not really sure the status past Stewart and Younger now. Houser can be really good but he's ALWAYS injured. The rest of the roster hasn't really seen action.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I don't think Woody is hurt. I think Woody and Sirianni both played against ESU because Stewart had Covid and Houser was hurt. Not really sure the status past Stewart and Younger now. Houser can be really good but he's ALWAYS injured. The rest of the roster hasn't really seen action.
                                They have many good backups on both sides this year. Many are playing on the kickoff team. It's showing. This has been their best kick coverage team in years. They are playing smart, making tackles and keeping their mouth shut. For years we seemed to have too many #lit guys covering kicks and getting tons of stupid flags.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X