Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I don't think Woody is hurt. I think Woody and Sirianni both played against ESU because Stewart had Covid and Houser was hurt. Not really sure the status past Stewart and Younger now. Houser can be really good but he's ALWAYS injured. The rest of the roster hasn't really seen action.
    “Can’t make the club in the tub” plus Stewart and younger are hard to pass… both are studs in the backfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm sure you couldn't see it on camera, but Duane was as frustrated as I've ever seen him this past Saturday. Ridley is becoming a legit superstar so that alone should start to take away the constant doubles on Duane. But, logic would certainly say with the amount of attention going to Brown/Ridley, Houser and Carter (and the TEs) should pose giant mismatches. There's no chance dropping LBs could cover Houser or Carter in the open field.

As you said, they should have ample time in the coming weeks to keep developing some things. There's obviously what should be some blowouts on the horizon.
      Ridley killed Ship. I went into the game all worried about Brown due to his rep and then watched No. 6 burn us most of the game. It hurt all the more because he's from an area that Ship often recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimsonhawkfanatic View Post

Agreed 1 game at a time, but personally I don’t think this team has played their best game yet… if most of this team can stay healthy they can be dangerous…They have so many weapons on offense, Not even counting Houser, it’s very hard to defend. Also the defense is coming along. Holding cal u to 21 points and slimey pebble to 12 is impressive. Very excited to see what this team can do…
        I am glad you stated this, because I kind of been thinking the same thing....even though IUP is undefeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I am glad you stated this, because I kind of been thinking the same thing....even though IUP is undefeated.
          2-0 vs cal and slip and haven’t played their best game yet is wild to think about, this team keeps improving every week.. I like this team a lot more now than I did after game 1… even though lots of key players were out. This team has lots of fight, which we all saw at Mon Valley U Saturday. I think the hawks will run through the boro this week… especially after how this game ended last year. Hawks are coming for revenge.

Comment

2-0 vs cal and slip and haven’t played their best game yet is wild to think about, this team keeps improving every week.. I like this team a lot more now than I did after game 1… even though lots of key players were out. This team has lots of fight, which we all saw at Mon Valley U Saturday. I think the hawks will run through the boro this week… especially after how this game ended last year. Hawks are coming for revenge.
            They had two really bad defensive quarters (2nd and 3rd) at ESU. But, as you said, two star defensive players missed the game and it was their first game.

The only game I thought was bad was Shippensburg. Yes, I realize they won by 3 scores. But, they left about 28 points on the field. They easily could have won that game in the 65-10 range.

It's been neat to watch this defense get better with each week. Holding SRU and Cal to 12 and 21 points is very impressive. The secondary, in particular, has really come a long way rather quickly.

I don't blame Edinboro for celebrating last year. They deserved it. IUP had themselves to blame for not showing up. But, yes, it's payback time.

Comment

They had two really bad defensive quarters (2nd and 3rd) at ESU. But, as you said, two star defensive players missed the game and it was their first game.

The only game I thought was bad was Shippensburg. Yes, I realize they won by 3 scores. But, they left about 28 points on the field. They easily could have won that game in the 65-10 range.

It's been neat to watch this defense get better with each week. Holding SRU and Cal to 12 and 21 points is very impressive. The secondary, in particular, has really come a long way rather quickly.

I don't blame Edinboro for celebrating last year. They deserved it. IUP had themselves to blame for not showing up. But, yes, it's payback time.
              Well said, also Torts teams are road warriors… I’d expect this iup offense to put a lot of points on the board this week, weather seems good which is a surprise for Erie.

Comment

Well said, also Torts teams are road warriors… I’d expect this iup offense to put a lot of points on the board this week, weather seems good which is a surprise for Erie.
                Sounds kind of weird but I think IUP can make a statement on Saturday. Against an Edinboro team that isn't great (e.g. SRU/Cal) but isn't bad if they can put it all together and play up to their ability without lapses I think they will put themselves in a good place.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Sounds kind of weird but I think IUP can make a statement on Saturday. Against an Edinboro team that isn't great (e.g. SRU/Cal) but isn't bad if they can put it all together and play up to their ability without lapses I think they will put themselves in a good place.
                  This isn't a statement game. We just had two of those. This is a 'you should hammer them' game.

Edinboro has lost to every good team its played (crushed by Shepherd and Cal). Gannon also doubled them up on the board.

They have skill guys but several true freshmen up front. The mental lapse should be Tort's biggest fear.

Comment

This isn't a statement game. We just had two of those. This is a 'you should hammer them' game.

Edinboro has lost to every good team its played (crushed by Shepherd and Cal). Gannon also doubled them up on the board.

They have skill guys but several true freshmen up front. The mental lapse should be Tort's biggest fear.
                    Classic trap game! Don't play down to the competition. Go in with the mentality that you're going to kill and keep killing till they tap out.

Comment

Yes they do !!! That is no question the one thing I like about this time, they try to play through all four quarters! I am just ready to see them fully clicking on all cylinders.

Comment

I believe IUP made it statement(s) by beating SRU and Cal U without playing up to their potential.

Comment

Agree 100%. Boro isn’t good. They’re a middle of the road team that will finish somewhere near the middle of the West standings. IUP, Cal, SRU, and Shepherd are the thoroughbreds, which is why you see Boro getting whipped by them on the regular. The Scots had their one shining moment last year at IUP. Credit to them for showing up to play that day when IUP didn’t. I don’t expect anything resembling last year on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I wouldn’t go as far as a statement game, because of the last 2 weeks… but I’d definitely say a revenge game… I think this is going to be a blow out… A mad hawks team on the road… yikes for The boro.

Comment

• Weather at kickoff is supposed to be 50° partly cloudy.

Comment

• Weather looks good… Hawks by 24+ STAMP THAT!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X