Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm surprised he isn't removed from the online roster.
    You think this is more than a 1 or 2 game suspension? Forgive me as I haven't read up entirely on the entire thing.

Comment

• haven't heard from the personalities on this yet... perhaps Stewart was one of the personalities?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Has anyone heard about Stewart's status for Saturday? Oh wait, nevermind...

Here is his game-by-game stats this year:
        OPPONENT ATTEMPTS YARDS TD
        Shippensburg 22 108 2
        Mercyhurst 32 256 1
        SRU 30 92 0
        California 20 77 1
        Edinboro 14 87 1
        Seton Hill 6 13 0

He also has 3 receptions for 60 yards.

He's had 124 carries for a net of 633 yards (5.1) avg.

Younger and Houser combined have 95 carries for 447 yards (4.7 avg).

Houser's workload has been very light. He's played in 5 of the 7 games, carrying (in order) 12, 1, 4, 11 and 7 times.

If Houser can stay on the field, I think they can manage without Stewart (for however long this lasts).

IUP has had three strong rushing games -- Ship (213), Mercyhurst (383) and Edinboro (246). They ran poorly at ESU (sans Stewart), gaining just 125 yards on 34 attempts. They got 135 yards against SRU and 98 on California. The season low was last week -- just 31 yards on 29 carries against Seton Hill.

So, the run game hasn't exactly been carrying them. The stats got ballooned up against some poor defenses.

They are certainly stronger with Stewart, but I think they will maintain without him, too.

Granted, the team is starting to get in some hot water here. You can only lose so many key starters. This is three now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Shippensburg 22 108 2
          Mercyhurst 32 256 1
          SRU 30 92 0
          California 20 77 1
          Edinboro 14 87 1
          Seton Hill 6 13 0

Houser's workload has been very light. He's played in 5 of the 7 games, carrying (in order) 12, 1, 4, 11 and 7 times.

If Houser can stay on the field, I think they can manage without Stewart (for however long this lasts).

IUP has had three strong rushing games -- Ship (213), Mercyhurst (383) and Edinboro (246). They ran poorly at ESU (sans Stewart), gaining just 125 yards on 34 attempts. They got 135 yards against SRU and 98 on California. The season low was last week -- just 31 yards on 29 carries against Seton Hill.

So, the run game hasn't exactly been carrying them. The stats got ballooned up against some poor defenses.

They are certainly stronger with Stewart, but I think they will maintain without him, too.

Granted, the team is starting to get in some hot water here. You can only lose so many key starters. This is three now.
          Stewart has been important for the offense. I don't think the other backs replace what he brings to the table. I think IUP has to make some adjustments without him. Even though the play was called back, I am reminded of the 82-yard TD run in the Shippensburg game. They don't have anybody else who can do that. I am not sure that there is anyone else in the PSAC who can do that.

Stewart's presence takes IUP to the next level. His absence might not make a difference this weekend (we'll see how the team responds) or next, but when you get to the State Game it will become a factor. Who knows, maybe if the stars align he will be able to play in that game. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Stewart has been important for the offense. I don't think the other backs replace what he brings to the table. I think IUP has to make some adjustments without him. Even though the play was called back, I am reminded of the 82-yard TD run in the Shippensburg game. They don't have anybody else who can do that. I am not sure that there is anyone else in the PSAC who can do that.

Stewart's presence takes IUP to the next level. His absence might not make a difference this weekend (we'll see how the team responds) or next, but when you get to the State Game it will become a factor. Who knows, maybe if the stars align he will be able to play in that game. We shall see.
            He's tough and has game-breaker potential. But, he didn't really do much against teams with good defenses. His average against Cal and SRU dropped to 3 ypc and he vanished against Seton Hill.

I'm just trying to find the positives. They'll have to make him up in the aggregate.

Now, if we lose another RB ... yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

You really must think IUP is the only program in the conference with a running back.

Comment

Shippensburg 22 108 2
                Mercyhurst 32 256 1
                SRU 30 92 0
                California 20 77 1
                Edinboro 14 87 1
                Seton Hill 6 13 0

I thought Stewart was the best RB in the region? Oh wait, .nevermind

Comment

He's tough and has game-breaker potential. But, he didn't really do much against teams with good defenses. His average against Cal and SRU dropped to 3 ypc and he vanished against Seton Hill.

I'm just trying to find the positives. They'll have to make him up in the aggregate.

Now, if we lose another RB ... yikes.
                  I think everybody would agree that not having him is a loss for the team. On the other hand, we haven't really seen Houser's full potential yet. I don't think we have seen Gregg's full potential yet, either. We still have Woody and Sirianni, too. It definitely makes this Saturday more interesting.

Comment

I thought Stewart was the best RB in the region? Oh wait, .nevermind
                    It's your boy Houser's time to shine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

You really must think IUP is the only program in the conference with a running back.
                      ...that I've seen so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

You think this is more than a 1 or 2 game suspension? Forgive me as I haven't read up entirely on the entire thing.
                        First off charged Not Convicted let’s slow down here. Probably a suspension until a preliminary hearing or a one game for busting curfew. Most charges in case like that are lessened or dropped and the State Police charge for resisting arrest could of been a simple pull away or wrong answer type thing trust me on that one, that will be lessened for sure. No injury on the Po Po and u can forget the resisting arrest charge….plug in Carter and they will be fine…just sayin.

Comment

He won't be until possibly after the preliminary hearing November 2. The girlfriend could also drop the charges too which could happen since he'll probably bully her into that.
                          I don't think this is a victim-based crime. Based on the charges Criminal Trespass and Criminal Mischief/Damage to Property, those sound more like the apartment complex is the victim. Plus he has resisting arrest. The Disorderly Conduct citation is usually thrown in there to make sure *something* sticks because citations are officer's discretion.

I'd think that if these charges stick - plus the marijuana DUI from August would be enough to toss him from the team.

Comment

I don't think this is a victim-based crime. Based on the charges Criminal Trespass and Criminal Mischief/Damage to Property, those sound more like the apartment complex is the victim. Plus he has resisting arrest. The Disorderly Conduct citation is usually thrown in there to make sure *something* sticks because citations are officer's discretion.

I'd think that if these charges stick - plus the marijuana DUI from August would be enough to toss him from the team.
                            You're probably right.

Comment

Well, if I've learned one thing after closely following college sports over the years ... not all players are handled the same. Star players get more chances. Coaches will refute that all day long but it happens over and over. We're not talking about the 8th WR on the depth chart here or the backup long snapper.

His prior issue was already handled internally. Time served.

My guess is he will be suspended (1) game.

Let's not forget this is good ole boy Indiana and this is a star football player. Charges have a way of getting, well, reduced.

If this wasn't on the WCCS web site yesterday we wouldn't even be talking about it. He'd likely be 'sick' this week and then back to normal. And, not all accused are guilty. Now, those two doors may feel differently, but we'll see what happens. Many of the top attorneys in Indiana are huge football supporters, so, perhaps he will get some assistance. It's messy now because it hit the WCCS news. I don't think the Gazette ran anything on this story.

Comment

• Frustrating for everyone. The guy is clearly very talented and other than the incidents from the last few months seems to have kept his nose clean. But it can be assumed that he is also "one of those guys" who doesn't value school. School is merely the vehicle to keep playing football. I say this because it is documented that Stewart had committed to Illinois State but lost his offer when he didn't academically qualify. That means he had to have a 2.3 GPA and 980 SAT. There's a sliding scale that allows higher GPAs to get a lower SAT score and vice versa. Hopefully he gets his head on straight because he's got a long life ahead of him that will require better judgment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X