Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, if I've learned one thing after closely following college sports over the years ... not all players are handled the same. Star players get more chances. Coaches will refute that all day long but it happens over and over. We're not talking about the 8th WR on the depth chart here or the backup long snapper.

His prior issue was already handled internally. Time served.

My guess is he will be suspended (1) game.

Let's not forget this is good ole boy Indiana and this is a star football player. Charges have a way of getting, well, reduced.

If this wasn't on the WCCS web site yesterday we wouldn't even be talking about it. He'd likely be 'sick' this week and then back to normal. And, not all accused are guilty. Now, those two doors may feel differently, but we'll see what happens. Many of the top attorneys in Indiana are huge football supporters, so, perhaps he will get some assistance. It's messy now because it hit the WCCS news. I don't think the Gazette ran anything on this story.
    I'm sure he already has a lawyer, and I'll bet everyone that lives in Indiana could guess who it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I'm sure he already has a lawyer, and I'll bet everyone that lives in Indiana could guess who it is.
      That would certainly be my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Frustrating for everyone. The guy is clearly very talented and other than the incidents from the last few months seems to have kept his nose clean. But it can be assumed that he is also "one of those guys" who doesn't value school. School is merely the vehicle to keep playing football. I say this because it is documented that Stewart had committed to Illinois State but lost his offer when he didn't academically qualify. That means he had to have a 2.3 GPA and 980 SAT. There's a sliding scale that allows higher GPAs to get a lower SAT score and vice versa. Hopefully he gets his head on straight because he's got a long life ahead of him that will require better judgment.
        I'm surprised at you. It can be assumed that he doesn't value school? Really, how do you make that assumption? You don't have a reliable way to make that assumption. Neither do I.

The only time I've even seen the guy without his football helmet on is during a sideline interview after rushing for 256 yards. I made a mental note that he seemed really polite, positive, and humble. So, I think we should stay away from making personal assumptions and value judgments.

Comment

• It appears IUP will dodge a weather bullet in Erie. Forecast is calling for 61 and sunny. End of October games up there can get quite dicey.

Sounds like a great day for Sexton to go crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm surprised at you. It can be assumed that he doesn't value school? Really, how do you make that assumption? You don't have a reliable way to make that assumption. Neither do I.

The only time I've even seen the guy without his football helmet on is during a sideline interview after rushing for 256 yards. I made a mental note that he seemed really polite, positive, and humble. So, I think we should stay away from making personal assumptions and value judgments.
            You're right. I'm assuming much. Regardless, dude's gotta get his head on straight.

Comment

It appears IUP will dodge a weather bullet in Erie. Forecast is calling for 61 and sunny. End of October games up there can get quite dicey.

Sounds like a great day for Sexton to go crazy.
              Sexton might go nuts with only up to 10mph winds.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Sexton might go nuts with only up to 10mph winds.

Hopefully the nice weather means there will be a nice-size caravan heading up 79 from Indiana.

The one (and I mean one) cool thing about that stadium -- from a fans' perspective -- is you are right on top of the field. There's no track and the sideline area for the team is extremely small ... like almost unsafely small. This is as close to the action as you can get.

Comment

Hopefully the nice weather means there will be a nice-size caravan heading up 79 from Indiana.

The one (and I mean one) cool thing about that stadium -- from a fans' perspective -- is you are right on top of the field. There's no track and the sideline area for the team is extremely small ... like almost unsafely small. This is as close to the action as you can get.
                  If Yinz all go up there where the hell are you going to sit? Do they let people take chairs in? That is the saddest facility in the Pee Sack. Even Cheyney had a better stadium despite the rickety visitor stands and the half dead goat pasture field.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

If Yinz all go up there where the hell are you going to sit? Do they let people take chairs in? That is the saddest facility in the Pee Sack. Even Cheyney had a better stadium despite the rickety visitor stands and the half dead goat pasture field.
                    It seats (an announced) 2,500. It's tight.

Comment

It seats (an announced) 2,500. It's tight.
                      Yeah....that's being generous looking at the Google Map Street View of it. It's a practice field with some bleachers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You're right. I'm assuming much. Regardless, dude's gotta get his head on straight.
                        If he's kicking in doors at a residence where women live, he's gots to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

If he's kicking in doors at a residence where women live, he's gots to go.
                          Just a guess here but I'll assume a sober person doesn't kick in doors at 4 a.m.

It's a tough decision for Tort. Is it an IUP death sentence?

I don't think it will be. They'll call this Strike 2.

This is mild compared to some of the crap that went on here in the 90s.

His teammates should be mighty pi$$ed at him.

Suspend him (1) game and don't start him the following week.

Comment

Just a guess here but I'll assume a sober person doesn't kick in doors at 4 a.m.

It's a tough decision for Tort. Is it an IUP death sentence?

I don't think it will be. They'll call this Strike 2.

This is mild compared to some of the crap that went on here in the 90s.

His teammates should be mighty pi$$ed at him.

Suspend him (1) game and don't start him the following week.
                            So this is being framed as a drunken rage? Still doesn't excuse it in my book. He's a big guy terrorizing women. Not cool.

Comment

• Still haven’t heard from the personalities! Maybe they went on fall break.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                Still haven’t heard from the personalities! Maybe they went on fall break.
                                I think Stewart is the personalities.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X