Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Where did it say it was directed at another IUP student? Regardless, it happened off-campus. IUP has no jurisdiction off campus. That's the same as "back home".

At best IUP may win a Region or the PSAC. They have zero chance of winning a national title.
    Not true whatsoever. The Code of Conduct extends off campus whenever it is of related university interest. In short, a student allegedly committing a crime in town is of university interest.

Comment

Are you referencing the two-deep published by Gannon? If so, that's meaningless.
      IUP's game notes.

Comment

Innocent until proven guilty. Who is the university to say he's guilty prior to it being proven...?
        Shouldn't that have applied to Joe Paterno 11 years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Shouldn't that have applied to Joe Paterno 11 years ago?
          Joe Paterno wasn't charged with a crime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Which only adds more credence to the question I posed.

Comment

He died so they didn't charge him.

Comment

Which only adds more credence to the question I posed.
                JoePa should have been the leader he implored his players to be. He played dumb and that's how he should be remembered.

Comment

• Stewart's charges (with the exception of resisting arrest) are based on allegations - events that allegedly took place.

I'm not defending him, I'm being non-prejudicial. But for all we know he might not of even been responsible for any damage to the doors. The gf or someone else could be primarily responsible for the disorderly conduct. How exactly was he trespassing? Are there signs posted to prevent football players from being on the premises? Is there a court order involved? If so, I think the charges would be different. At this point, you never know, he could be wrongly charged. That's why we have due process.

Comment

• As fans, we can only hope this hasn't caused too big of a distraction to the team this week. Which, of course, these things sometimes do.

Comment

IUPbigINDIANS was right - in March 2022 he was arrested for DUI with both a high blood alcohol content and some sort of controlled substance in his system. He wasn't charged until April but it looks like as of August there was some sort of plea agreement in the works, most likely ARD (first time offender). He's already been arraigned but his preliminary hearing is Nov 8. He'll most likely get things reduced - his attorney is former DA Patrick Dougherty, an IUP football season ticket holder.

Usually things "back home" don't follow you to school - but can be held against you if/when necessary.

This is the most shocking thing of it all - he's still listed as the #1 RB on the 2-deep for tomorrow's game. I'm surprised they're letting that fly unless its an error.
                      From being around the town for decades that is the best attorney he could have went with. Patrick Dougherty is one of the best attorneys in the state!! If I am correct Patrick is on the radio with Jack now for every game? That could really help Dayjure Stewart out that he has Patrick on his side.

Comment

As fans, we can only hope this hasn't caused too big of a distraction to the team this week. Which, of course, these things sometimes do.
                        It's probably been more of a distraction on this board than anywhere.

It's interesting in Matt's pre-game write-up about Gannon Tort refers to the Gannon RB as the best RB in the league.

Comment

It's probably been more of a distraction on this board than anywhere.

It's interesting in Matt's pre-game write-up about Gannon Tort refers to the Gannon RB as the best RB in the league.
                          Blanks is tough. Big and strong. He just came back last week. I think he was hurt against SRU (only had 7 carries) and then missed their next game.

They are a strange bird to figure when studying their body of work thus far.

Comment

Blanks is tough. Big and strong. He just came back last week. I think he was hurt against SRU (only had 7 carries) and then missed their next game.

They are a strange bird to figure when studying their body of work thus far.
                            If we win and Stewart is exonerated I will feel much better, LOL.

Comment

• I definitely saw what Tort was talking about in the article today in the games I've watched Gannon play this year ... i.e. all the irregularities teams don't normally see.

When they get that running game going they can terrorize you with all the misdirection's, odd formations, etc.

SRU jumped them somewhat quickly, Blanks got just 7 touches and then things spiraled. They got one-dimensional quickly and that's certainly not their strength. They finished with -1 yard on the ground in that game -- but have gone over 200 yards in five games.

The 'enigma' part of them is they look really good at times and then really average at times. They really struggled with Millersville and Seton Hill.

If I recall correctly they haven't beat a team with a winning record yet this year, but they've clobbered all the West so-so programs.

They'll be all jacked up tomorrow. No doubt. IUP has to start fast. Eliminate hope.

Comment

Honestly, its crazy that he isn't at least suspended for a single game. Its not felony tax evasion, its a felony charge in town and presumably directed at another IUP student. Plus resisting arrest. I can honestly say this wouldn't fly at the Cornell of Butler County. But I guess the thirst for a natty is too strong at IUP. Maybe Driscoll secretly wears an IUP track suit under his regular clothes at games?
                                Yep. You obviously had a Dr. Evil control chip implanted! You sound like a Slimey Pebble fan!

:-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X