Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Can confirm that the umpire for the game played football at Gannon.

https://gannonsports.com/sports/foot...att-brown/4392
    Gannon was called for 8 penalties…IUP was called for 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

BEST UMPIRE IN THE PSAC!!! FACTS!

Comment

I'm not saying he was biased. Just confirming the possible conflict of interest.

Comment

I'm not saying he was biased. Just confirming the possible conflict of interest.
          The referees are not why IUP lost yesterday. It was poor play, a poor defensive scheme (IUP was out coached), a perpetually selfish and immature player that has inexplicably been allowed to stay on the field, and off the field distractions. That said, no referee should be allowed to work a game when a team he previously played for is involved. That’s a head scratcher for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

That would be an interesting scenario. In the past, that head-to-head result seems to trump all if teams have the same record. It would be wild to see IUP left out if (Huge IF) it plays out that way, but losing in a conference championship has kept some other teams out in the past in other conferences. If IUP is left out in that scenario, I would think playing one less game would be a factor. Still, I would think an 8-2 IUP would be in the playoffs. Still two big weeks left, though.
            It’s the head-to-head scenario that should scare IUP fans. I don’t care about SOS, etc. IUP and Gannon would both have two losses, IUP would have played one less game, and Gannon beat IUP head-to-head. If that’s what it comes down to, it would be highway robbery if the playoff spot was given to IUP.

All that said, if IUP beats Shepherd, it’s a moot point. I just don’t see that happening. If IUP thought Gannon could throw the ball…sheesh…good luck against the Harlon Hill Trophy holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It’s the head-to-head scenario that should scare IUP fans. I don’t care about SOS, etc. IUP and Gannon would both have two losses, IUP would have played one less game, and Gannon beat IUP head-to-head. If that’s what it comes down to, it would be highway robbery if the playoff spot was given to IUP.

All that said, if IUP beats Shepherd, it’s a moot point. I just don’t see that happening. If IUP thought Gannon could throw the ball…sheesh…good luck against the Harlon Hill Trophy holder.
              I think it's also a moot point if Gannon loses next weekend as well. Honestly, I know dang well that IUP can beat Shepherd, and the Rams will have to be on top of their game in that one. I really feel like we've kind of forgotten about SRU a bit. As long as IUP has the same record as SRU, they'll have that head-to-head. There is still a lot of football left to be played. We're in for a ride these last couple of weeks.

Comment

It was to show Sybil that despite the Homer in Stripes, LIT AF did get called.

Comment

That's a real screwing?! IUP played to the level of their opponent for at least the 2nd time this year, and it cost them. Better recruit some more orange jumpsuits, because you just got LIT!!!

Comment

I think it's also a moot point if Gannon loses next weekend as well. Honestly, I know dang well that IUP can beat Shepherd, and the Rams will have to be on top of their game in that one. I really feel like we've kind of forgotten about SRU a bit. As long as IUP has the same record as SRU, they'll have that head-to-head. There is still a lot of football left to be played. We're in for a ride these last couple of weeks.
                    Tell us how IUP plans to beat Shepherd... We're all salivating at your breakdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Tell us how IUP plans to beat Shepherd... We're all salivating at your breakdown.
                      What is it with you, man? IUP is a good football team. And as long as they don't crap the bed, they'll be playing Shepherd in two weeks at IUP. That's all one really needs to know to see that IUP can beat Shepherd. Of course, Shepherd has other fish to fry this weekend.

Comment

What is it with you, man? IUP is a good football team. And as long as they don't crap the bed, they'll be playing Shepherd in two weeks at IUP. That's all one really needs to know to see that IUP can beat Shepherd. Of course, Shepherd has other fish to fry this weekend.
                        If you had to watch ESU every week you'd be miserable, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Shepherd isn’t invincible. Cal had them on the ropes, IUP is capable of doing the same and could definitely win.

Shepherd still has to get rid of ESU next week, hopefully they come out firing and take the air out to avoid any drama. Would be nice to see Bagent break Jimmy T’s record in front of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's bizarre how that guy comes at me. It's like he never got over me telling him that Shepherd would still be very good this year after he predicted a step back. And while the conference and regional titles are still very much in doubt, Shepherd currently as averaging more points and giving up fewer points than a season ago. So, I think it's safe to say that Shepherd is still pretty decent in the region.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He’s the type that hates his life and kicks his dog.

Comment

We’ll see what version of Cal U shows up next week but they’re more than capable of beating Gannon. I’d set the betting line a Cal U -7.

Regarding IUP’s ability to beat Shepherd, I agree that it’s possible and that it was possible every time they played. That said, the results are heavily in favor of your Rams. The game being in Indiana should help IUP, but history has shown that IUP isn’t great at home. I would put the line at Shepherd -7 for that one, even on the road. Their strength on offense is IUP’s weakness on defense, and Shepherd’s defense is good enough to keep IUP’s offense under its average.

The odds are IUP will still find a way into the playoffs, but winning yesterday would have made it a certainty and it didn’t happen. Yes, IUP is 7-1 and will win the division and that’s great, but they’re also not far from being 5-3 or even 4-4 if you include the East Stroudsburg game they pulled out. I don’t want to take anything away from what they’ve accomplished because a win is a win, but if we’re being realistic I think expectations beyond that should be tempered.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X