Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
    I am planning on having a monster tailgate for the PSAC Championship game. Everyone on the board is welcomed other than iup nation and the fighting scott clown. Food and beer on me. More details coming soon.
    I don’t eat Trumpanzee food. I’d rather starve.

Comment

I an planning on having a monster tailgate for the PSAC Championship game. Everyone on the board is welcomed other than iup nation and the fighting scott clown. Food and beer on me. More details coming soon.
      Let's beat Clarion first. Sounds crazy, sure, but, well, Edinboro was 1-6 when that happened a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Let's beat Clarion first. Sounds crazy, sure, but, well, Edinboro was 1-6 when that happened a year ago.
        Clarion can block 6 punts and they still will not win. And I doubt IUP will even attempt 6 punts.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Looking at team stats ... 3 of the past 4 games IUP has rushed for 98 yards or less (past two games under 60 yards).

Kicking in doors obviously didn't help last week.

But, my question is why can't IUP run the ball when it has what is thought to be a very strong OL and a lethal aerial attack (which should soften the run defense).

Take away the Mercyhurst game (when they 100% sold out on the pass) and Edinboro (not good defense) and IUP's season rushing numbers pretty much stink.

So:

* Are the RBs overrated?
          * Is the 'run up the middle' for 2 yards all day the problem? Don't get me started on the jet sweeps that haven't worked all year.
          * Is the OL the issue?
          * Combination of the three?

They will luck out and (very oddly) have 70 degrees and sunny this weekend.

But, the inability to run seems to be a major concern heading in to November. This sun isn't going to last forever.

It's just very odd to me why a team with a rocket-arm QB and two elite WRs can't run the ball.

Gannon's RBs had swagger and ceveonfidence. I don't see that with IUP's RBs.
          Since the mercyhurst game, everyone has loaded the box against IUP. Seton hill is prime example of stupid stubborn. Gave up 31 yards rushing, while leaving their corners on islands and gave up 44 pts. At the end of the day, running the ball doesnt put points on the board. Teams just want to be able to say we didnt let IUP run the ball

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The thing you don’t realize is 80% of this board is conservative. It’s just common sense nowadays you clown.

Comment

• Some good news from the end of The Tort Show:

(note: the Clarion game is Senior Day so the topic came up)

OL Collin Pietropola -- it sounds like -- will be back next year.

OL McLean Djouha will also return next year (on his second grad degree).

Long story short both will have a semester of eligibility remaining for 2023. I guess both will miss the Spring to preserve the semester but they've been here so long that shouldn't matter much.

Derek Lockhart will medical redshirt and return in the Fall for his final season. Him pairing up with Ridley will certainly make the post-Duane era a bit easier and should once again give Sexton a terrific WR duo.

Four DL will be honored for senior day on Saturday. That's probably the position group getting hit the hardest this off-season. The starting secondary this year is (1) junior (Taylor) and the rest are freshmen and sophomores. Of the LBs who play this year, only one is a senior (Kelly).

Comment

The thing you don’t realize is 80% of this board is conservative. It’s just common sense nowadays you clown.
                Because 80% of the profiles are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well they held Cal to 21 the next game. Its true, early on they played terrible against ESU, Not impressive against Hurst and Ship, even though they were not great offenses. But the last 4 games they did well. sure Boro and Seton Hill were really bad, so it hides some things. Obviously, they are not a dominating D, especially with the injuries. Will they be able to play good enough to give the Offense a chance ? They can I think. We'll see this week if they show up after a horrible game the D lost.

As far as Coaching, good OCs seem to thrive against the IUP defense. Its been that way for some time.

I actually went back and watched the SRU/Gannon game. Talk about Jekyll and Hyde. Good Lord.

The version of Gannon that got stomped at SRU and the version of Gannon that beat IUP ... polar opposites.

It's actually amazing to see a team look that different a couple weeks apart.

Gannon would be awfully scary if it finds its way to the big dance -- depending, of course, which version you get.

Now, I think IUP got their 'Super Bowl' effort, emotion, etc. IUP also refused to take momentum in the game. Rock cashed in. But, can they maintain that level ... we'll see. But, no doubt, when they are clicking that is a nasty offense. And, they'll need to win shootouts because their defense isn't too hot.

Comment

Then 80% of this board is totally misguided politically.

\

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Well played!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You are a CLOWN!

Comment

Then 80% of this board is totally misguided politically.

\
                          If a “normal person” watched the debate between Dr. Oz and the Clown Fetterman they would be in Shell shock. That clown who has lived off his parents his whole life could not even say a sentence! How about when he said um and than did not say anything for 10 seconds!!!!! absolute clown show with that guy! AGAIN IT’S COMMON SENSE!!

Comment

I didn’t know The Denny was so state of the art.

At least the Cig has visitor rest rooms and has good trucks over there. The Denny has nothing.
                            Blah blah. You've trashed Miller Stadium on this very message board...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Blah blah. You've trashed Miller Stadium on this very message board...
                              Miller is a dump. Not one IUP fan will tell you differently.

The KCAC is immaculate. Miller is a glorified Class AA stadium.

I wish IUP would play at Indiana High.

IUP just let it get too run down. It's fixable but will take serious coin. Luckily, it hasn't hurt their recruiting all that much.
                              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-02-2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Man.....some of the stuff you come up with....I can't stop laughing on here....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X