Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Thing is, it’s an offense designed for teams with lesser talent to be able to compete. It’s based on deception, lots of motion, etc. Clarion’s talent is so poor though that against teams like IUP they have no chance to get going. They had some success against teams they could hold their own with up front, but today was a complete mismatch. I doubt Clarion has three guys that would see significant time on one of the top teams in the West. If you’re really bored you can go check out their game against Seton Hill where the offense looked much more like it’s designed. Today was just a complete disaster for them.
    I don't do much exciting, but I'm not even cray-cray enough to go watch a replay of Clarion vs Seton Hill. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      With the band alumni on the field it finally looks like a Doc band!
      Doc was/is there for the festivities

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        The announced gate today was 5,927 ... and that was probably a light count.
        The alumni band and their guests all got free tickets. Speaking of that, I wasted my money buying a ticket and walking in with no one at the gate.

Comment

Duane looks OK

NEVER SHOULD HAVE PLAYED A F-ING DOWN AFTER HALFTIME

THAT IS SO F-ING IRRITATING
          Late in the second half IUP, with the game way out of reach, had three guys dinged on offense, two of which looked significant. Aside from Brown, which turned out to be minor, JD Younger and Dorian Woodey were hurt with a knee and ankle respectively. Younger, while technically IUP’s #3 back, is important to the offense and he gets meaningful carries. If he can’t go next week, that’s a big loss. There’s absolutely no reason Younger or Brown were still in the game. I get it for Woodey as he’s deeper on the depth chart. His injury looked the worst and he was carted to the KCAC afterward.

Comment

Late in the second half IUP, with the game way out of reach, had three guys dinged on offense, two of which looked significant. Aside from Brown, which turned out to be minor, JD Younger and Dorian Woodey were hurt with a knee and ankle respectively. Younger, while technically IUP’s #3 back, is important to the offense and he gets meaningful carries. If he can’t go next week, that’s a big loss. There’s absolutely no reason Younger or Brown were still in the game. I get it for Woodey as he’s deeper on the depth chart. His injury looked the worst and he was carted to the KCAC afterward.
            Q. Carter didn't dress yesterday but should return this week.

Younger and Houser seemed to be sharing RB2 yesterday (Younger got more carries).

Dayjure looked fresh. Perhaps that week 'off' rejuvenated him. He has the game-breaker trait the others don't, and is very powerful and durable. No coincidence they lost in Erie without him.

Hard to take too much out of yesterday. Tort was being polite keeping that at 45-0. But, perhaps most importantly, they seemed to have a different mindset yesterday. Maybe something good did come back from Erie.

Comment

I'm concerned about Younger's injury but there is a reason behind having a lot of depth at RB. I mean, how many weeks did they play without Houser?

They showed a replay of Younger's play and it's hard to tell what happened. He was down and the defensive player kind of rolled over his legs. Younger looked questionable right after the play but didn't look like he was in much pain. I think coming off the field they told him not to put his weight on it. We'll see. Looked like he definitely would need some x-rays.

Comment

• Well, the way-too-early forecast is calling for 45 and rain on Saturday in Indiana.

Tad different than yesterday's 76 and sunny.

Comment

Well, the way-too-early forecast is calling for 45 and rain on Saturday in Indiana.

Tad different than yesterday's 76 and sunny.
                  Early advantage to IUP. Bigger stronger on the lines. Rams will have trouble through the air with a wet ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Early advantage to IUP. Bigger stronger on the lines. Rams will have trouble through the air with a wet ball.
                    Sandbagging!!!

Shepherd is the most powerful team in the Region. Almost unstoppable!

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Sure is going to be an incredible weather to watch the Golden Eagles end your season.
                      U still in fantasy camp, u are no different than the Personalities . Consider yourself one that’s for sure.

Comment

I've read a lot about "The Fly" offense so I was interested to see it live.

Clarion just doesn't have the personel to run it effectively right now. IUP's DL just destroyed Clarion up front all day and prevented any rythem -- and that is definitely a rythem system.

Not sure if I'd call it a gadget offense but it's close. It's like four different schemes wrapped in to one -- but when you get past all the motion and mis-direction, they actually run essentially the same 5 plays all day. They look different with all the variations in the motion, etc., but it's basically 5-6 basic plays.

It would be interesting to see a team like IUP run it.
                        It is a HS offense. Works against players that don’t know responsibility defense and get fooled. College kids smart and coached up, opposite of HS. They could of play for 8 hours and wouldn’t of scored. I call it the Sideways offense. SMH.

Comment

They dont need those 2 to beat Shepherd, sorry they got hurt but non factors moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Sandbagging!!!

Shepherd is the most powerful team in the Region. Almost unstoppable!
                            Best RB in the region, maybe the country. Sexton is leading the league in efficiency as the best QB . Duane Brown should have left early for the draft. Hope the Rams can keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

U still in fantasy camp, u are no different than the Personalities . Consider yourself one that’s for sure.
                              easy little buddy, you’re not picking up on my sarcasm. Check the game picks, no one knew better than me that Clarion wouldn’t score a point. Just having a little fun with the more fragile minded of the fan base.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

easy little buddy, you’re not picking up on my sarcasm. Check the game picks, no one knew better than me that Clarion wouldn’t score a point. Just having a little fun with the more fragile minded of the fan base.
                                45-0 YOU CLOWN!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X