Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

So, is Fightingscot82 showing up at the tailgate to fight one person? Two? Three? Four?

Winner gets a signed Dayjure Stewart jersey and a cameo in Tort's next epic CO-OP commercial.
    Has anyone ever seen his tailgate? It is probably as real as Mastriano’s chances were in the Philly area..

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      Yeah. There used to be a chant from the IUP students and the band in the 80’s that was “The ref beats his wife”.
      I have heard that at almost every high school in western Pa that I have covered HS games at.

In 2008, Clarion ended its warmups (at Miller Stadium) by chanting "F--- IUP!!!" a bunch of times. Lou Tepper took notice. The game got out of hand pretty quickly (38-0 at halftime). He didn't call off the dogs until the fourth quarter. IUP won 66-16.
      http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I have heard that at almost every high school in western Pa that I have covered HS games at.

In 2008, Clarion ended its warmups (at Miller Stadium) by chanting "F--- IUP!!!" a bunch of times. Lou Tepper took notice. The game got out of hand pretty quickly (38-0 at halftime). He didn't call off the dogs until the fourth quarter. IUP won 66-16.

The pregame warm-up is always interesting.

I've never got to see a live pregame brawl. I guess in the PSAC us having 3-4, 65-year-old, out of shape officials standing between the teams is enough to keep the players calm. Granted, most pregame engagements you see in D1 more resemble an MLB fight ... lots of talking and jumping up and down ... but no actual fighting.

You have about 3 camps in the warm-up department:

1) The team that just goes about its business and isn't concerned with the other end of the field

2) The rah-rah team with the warm-up coach on 13 Red Bulls (i.e. Seton Hill)

3) The funeral team that looks like it wants nothing to do with what is coming (Clarion)

What I've found over the years is, some days, you can learn an awful lot about what is going to transpire by watching warm-ups. Other days, you can learn absolutely nothing about what is going to transpire.

I've noticed -- time and time again - the team that does all the screaming and hollering ... rarely ever wins the game.

Seton Hill screamed and hollered so much at Miller Stadium that I think they were actually tired by the time the game started.

Oddly, I watched the Seton Hill punter in warm-ups just crush punt after punt. Dude looked like an NFL punter in warm-ups. I was thinking to myself that, well, their offense stinks so he probably punts 10 times a game. Then, of course, in the game he was struggling to punt more than 15 yards. On the flip side, I've seen teams struggle to make a single shot inside the KCAC during warm-ups and then can't miss a shot once the game starts.

Comment

So, is Fightingscot82 showing up at the tailgate to fight one person? Two? Three? Four?

Winner gets a signed Dayjure Stewart jersey and a cameo in Tort's next epic CO-OP commercial.
          If I kick the ass of someone with multiple personalities, do I get credit for kicking several asses or just one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If I kick the ass of someone with multiple personalities, do I get credit for kicking several asses or just one?
            LMAO

Comment

Sounds like a good old fashion handicap match WWE style. Make it an over the top rope challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                The Personalities need to stay quiet. Everytime the run thrir mouths their team and politicians LOSE.
                Hey Clown, https://twitter.com/trumpwarroom/sta...i6cnzHFzMLwF3g
                Trump is 174-9 right now!! That is with major cheating going on as well! PA is a joke with the **** hole of Philly running the state!! How about what the legend Ron DeSantis did in Florida!!!! That was one of the most dominant elections of all time! FACT! Kari Lake Is going to Win Arizona if they do not play any funny games!! Make America Florida!

Comment

Tailgate starts at 11 AM. If this clown fightingscot82 shows up I will knock his ass out!! FACT!

Comment

• Shepherd is running a fan bus to IUP.

It's $35/per and ticket not included.

To our IUP athletic staff readers ... please take note of this for the future. Football and basketball.

I think IUP could easily fill up one bus for away football games (and some basketball games).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Tailgate starts at 11 AM. If this clown fightingscot82 shows up I will knock his ass out!! FACT!
                      I'll be there around 11:15! Be looking for me! I'll be in the Jaguar with an Edinboro plate.

I'll be sure to bring you some tampons for your bleeding nostrils just like my middle school wrestling coach used to give out. I'll be sure to lay a Fetterman sign over you when I'm done.

Comment

Trump is 174-9 right now!! That is with major cheating going on as well! PA is a joke with the **** hole of Philly running the state!! How about what the legend Ron DeSantis did in Florida!!!! That was one of the most dominant elections of all time! FACT! Kari Lake Is going to Win Arizona if they do not play any funny games!! Make America Florida!
                        Easy to jack up the numbers when you endorse a lot of candidates in uncompetitive races. Pennsylvania moderates are tired of the insanity that Trump and his acolytes peddle, and it showed. Maybe if Republicans cared more about helping people than winning, they would be performing better.

Comment

You know what would have been really productive? Electing a Muslim senator and a governor who said Muslims don't deserve to have equal rights as Christians.

Comment

Fat Nixon got shown the door. You live in a Blue State. Suburban Philly is your Daddy! FACT!

Comment

I'll be there around 11:15! Be looking for me! I'll be in the Jaguar with an Edinboro plate.

I'll be sure to bring you some tampons for your bleeding nostrils just like my middle school wrestling coach used to give out. I'll be sure to lay a Fetterman sign over you when I'm done.
                              The good old days. Imagine a coach doing that today.

Comment

Hey, hop right on down and ride a golf cart with the wonderful geezers at The Villages. Just make sure you're set for the occasional tornado, red tide warning and Category 4 or 5 hurricane.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X