Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article in the Gazette today about Bagent.

First time I can recall a full article about a visiting player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I was grossly under prepared for the weather that day. It was about 25 degrees warmer in Shepherdstown that day.
      I thought I was prepared, but probably needed an additional leg layer. I remember taking my jeans off and seeing how pink my legs got after that one. On top of that it was a loss so at least you had a victory to warm you up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

A few bad eggs in every crowd, first time it’s being brought up in a year so how bad could the taunting have been?
        I was around several Shepherd fans at that game, and others prior. I have had zero issues and frankly, enjoyed talking with them. It’s a knowledgeable fan base. I find the opposite to be true when Cal comes to town.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I thought I was prepared, but probably needed an additional leg layer. I remember taking my jeans off and seeing how pink my legs got after that one. On top of that it was a loss so at least you had a victory to warm you up.
          Was there a Hardee's near the stadium at that time? It was some fast food joint nearby. But after the game, my 20-year-old dumbass didn't wear gloves and I was washing my hands. When the water hit them, it hurt so badly.

Comment

Was there a Hardee's near the stadium at that time? It was some fast food joint nearby. But after the game, my 20-year-old dumbass didn't wear gloves and I was washing my hands. When the water hit them, it hurt so badly.
            I was thinking it was a Roy Rogers. I remember Gold Rush sandwiches. 😆

Comment

• Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

I was thinking it was a Roy Rogers. I remember Gold Rush sandwiches. 😆
              Maybe it was! Hell, that game was 24 years ago now. We're old.

Comment

There was never a Hardee’s or a Roy Rogers in Indiana as far as I can recall. The two closest fast food joints near Miller Stadium at that time would have been Wendy’s and McDonald’s. It’s likely you ended up at Wendy’s because you’d probably remember if it was McDonald’s. The other fast food places are away from the stadium, although there’s a Taco Bell just off campus.

Comment

There was never a Hardee’s or a Roy Rogers in Indiana as far as I can recall. The two closest fast food joints near Miller Stadium at that time would have been Wendy’s and McDonald’s. It’s likely you ended up at Wendy’s because you’d probably remember if it was McDonald’s. The other fast food places are away from the stadium, although there’s a Taco Bell just off campus.
                  It almost had to be a Wendy's. I remember eating a burger after the game. This type of stuff happens when you get old. Now, I have to try to remember where I got Hardee's from. It's probably tied to a football game somewhere.

Comment

I’d say the closest fast food (not counting Subway) to the stadium is Arby’s on Oakland Avenue. And it was there in 1998.
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I’d say the closest fast food (not counting Subway) to the stadium is Arby’s on Oakland Avenue. And it was there in 1998.
                      Now, that is possible! I could see my brain getting Arby's and Hardee's mixed up, especially since I rarely ate at Arby's at that time. And I have always rarely eaten at Hardee's.

Comment

Arby’s is close by….it’s been an Arby’s for as long as I can remember.

Comment

• There was a Hardee's in the student union in 1980.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                            There was a Hardee's in the student union in 1980.
                            I think that became a Roy Rogers in the mid 80’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Well, that's mostly correct.

However, here's a curveball: There was a Burger King inside Folger in 1998. Many people park on game day near Folger. It was open on weekends.

Small world. Eight of the 70 people who saw the second half of that game are on this board. Makes sense. Only die-hards stayed.

Comment

• Look at us. Discussing the proximity of fast food restaurants to a D2 football stadium at a mid-size state university in rural Pennsylvania in November 1998.

Kickoff can't come soon enough.
                                http://www.indianagazette.com
                                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X