Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Yes, for all of the focus on the "name" skill players, the game was won in the trenches. I remember this being a concern for the Shep fans (who are very knowledgeable) but I didn't expect it to be so obvious.

Playing without Brown and Stewart and still winning is definitely impressive. I joke about Tort's "we have a lot of players" comment but it's true. IUP is deep with a lot of weapons.

Wow, so many contributors yesterday. It was a very satisfying victory.

On to the playoffs. IUP will need their big guns to be ready to make this run. At some point, anyway.

Not to take anything away from Shep. If there is a repeat matchup, it will be just as interesting as the first one.

Finally, I think Sexton has some intangibles. I think he is clearly the leader (I'm sure there are numerous leaders) and he manages the game really well. They talk about Bagent being unflappable but Sexton always seems to have his eyes on the prize.

Hopefully, we get the right bounces in the PO's. IUP needs to stick with the next Saturday approach.
    Games are almost always won in the trenches. I don't care what kind of skill players you have; if your o-line blows, you're not going to have much of an offense. When IUP came into Ship with an offense of almost all grad students and seniors on the line, while Ship was starting freshmen and sophomores, I knew we were in for a long afternoon. Brown and Ridley wouldn't be much good to IUP if Sexton was being knocked on his butt all game. Keeping the QB's uniform clean has been a key to winning football games as long as I've been watching them, and that's a long time. While IUP didn't plant Bagent much Saturday, they did get him out of his comfort zone on more than one occasion. I have no idea why Shepherd doesn't run Brown more. That guy is a helluva D2 back. I think Bagent's skill tends to make them a little pass-happy.

Comment

• Tort got the No. 1 seed and a bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Tort got the No. 1 seed and a bye.
        Plus they will get the best WR in the country back and the best RB in the region back! Region 1 will run through Indiana.

Comment

Tort got the No. 1 seed and a bye.
          It would have been a travesty of Assumption got it.

Comment

• Looks like winner of Ashland and ND will visit Miller.

Comment

Looks like winner of Ashland and ND will visit Miller.
              Did Shepherd get Concord?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Did Shepherd get Concord?
                No. New Haven.

Concord was sent home.

Comment

No. New Haven.

Concord was sent home.
                  I really thought the MEC would get two in..

Comment

• Possible rematches in the final with either Slippery Rock or Shepherd. Since Shepherd has home field on that side, I expect the Rams to make it through. IUP will have a tough test regardless of who they play in the semis.

Comment

I really thought the MEC would get two in..
                      There's all the 'metrics' involved but also the all-important human factor.

Concord gave up some monster point totals this year. I wonder if that scared off the committee a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

If YOU'RE taking aim at Matt Burglund, who makes the rest of the PSAC coverage look like a preschool newspaper, you're an idiot.

Period.
                        Don't apologize for ****ty coaching! It was and as a reporter grow a set and say it. Don't twist his terrible decisions to make them sound like they were good. THEY WEREN'T!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Yes, for all of the focus on the "name" skill players, the game was won in the trenches. I remember this being a concern for the Shep fans (who are very knowledgeable) but I didn't expect it to be so obvious.

Playing without Brown and Stewart and still winning is definitely impressive. I joke about Tort's "we have a lot of players" comment but it's true. IUP is deep with a lot of weapons.

Wow, so many contributors yesterday. It was a very satisfying victory.

On to the playoffs. IUP will need their big guns to be ready to make this run. At some point, anyway.

Not to take anything away from Shep. If there is a repeat matchup, it will be just as interesting as the first one.

Finally, I think Sexton has some intangibles. I think he is clearly the leader (I'm sure there are numerous leaders) and he manages the game really well. They talk about Bagent being unflappable but Sexton always seems to have his eyes on the prize.

Hopefully, we get the right bounces in the PO's. IUP needs to stick with the next Saturday approach.
                          Shepherd lost on 2 red zone interceptions…plus the offensive play calling which was very offensive..

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Plus they will get the best WR in the country back and the best RB in the region back! Region 1 will run through Indiana.
                            Based on what metrics?

Comment

• Gotta give IUP credit for one thing: they kept the Duane Brown injury locked in the vault. Obviously everybody saw it happen last week but there was zero indication he'd actually miss time.

I think that was a big curveball to Shepherd. IUP hit some plays yesterday (to the TEs) that we havent see all year. Granted, as many of us have said, they should have been more involved all season. Grant Smith looked like a monster yesterday. Where's that been all year? Feed that man.

But, you gameplan for Duane all week and at some point in warm-ups likely realize he's not out there.

Alas, conversation for a different time.

But, getting Duane back in addition to a legit TE threat ... scary stuff.

Comment

They were Shepherd’s best chance to win.
                                Dude u have issues u are no different than the personalities. IUP coaches did a hell of a job. They should be commended for that game plan. Beat a team that averages 46 with 3 offensive all Americans. Should of been 14 if not for a horrific PI call on 4th down before there last score. Pressured Bagent all day and gave up 1 run of note for 9 yards. Handled the line of scrimmage and played with great effort. In addition they played and won minus 3 offensive stars (Brown, Lockhart, Stewert). What else do u need. If u dislike like Tort and his staff just say it but don’t sprout out bull**** that makes no sense….just sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X