Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Isn’t that the truth! Going for it on fourth down from inside the 10 when you had a chip shot field goal to go up three scores makes absolutely no sense. Awful, awful, awful. Who makes that call? You’d think the HC would have veto power. I thought they were going to try to draw them offsides or call timeout and kick the field goal. I was astonished when they snapped it.

Bagent is a champion. He wasn’t going to give up. I get it that they had to pull of a miracle if they were going to make a comeback there, but IUP gave them life and it almost cost them. Then there were the stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. At least the Shepherd kid was smart enough to do it when IUP was on the one yard line and it was an 18 inch penalty.

All that said, it’s a big win and that’s what matters. I have more thoughts but right now my hands are still stiff!
    Wrong chip shot field would have of been 13 point lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Which brings me back to the question of why the heck was he put in that spot to get hurt up 35-0 against F-in Clarion? Between that and Tort's terrible coaching at the end of yesterday's game, I truly question his ability to lead this team.
      Yes your spot on let’s fire a guy that’s 47-10 with 2 PSAC
      titles in 5 years. In addition Miller stadium is back great crowds and enthusiasm all season. SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Based on what metrics?
        How about the eye metrics.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Gotta give IUP credit for one thing: they kept the Duane Brown injury locked in the vault. Obviously everybody saw it happen last week but there was zero indication he'd actually miss time.

I think that was a big curveball to Shepherd. IUP hit some plays yesterday (to the TEs) that we havent see all year. Granted, as many of us have said, they should have been more involved all season. Grant Smith looked like a monster yesterday. Where's that been all year? Feed that man.

But, you gameplan for Duane all week and at some point in warm-ups likely realize he's not out there.

Alas, conversation for a different time.

But, getting Duane back in addition to a legit TE threat ... scary stuff.
          Only so many plays and footballs, I agree to a point but they weren’t taking Brown and Ridley touches away and giving them to tight ends. Offensively
          they have had minimal resistance all year. Offense solid all year, minimal turnovers, sacks allowed and TOP outstanding. Defense has been a concern at times, not the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Wrong chip shot field would have of been 13 point lead.
            yeah, the more I thought about this the more I think it was easily the right call to go for it. If you make the FG or not, 2 TDs beat you either way. They get a TD and FG, it’s a tie and overtime. But if you score a TD, you just won the game, huge upside, without much downside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
              Yes your spot on let’s fire a guy that’s 47-10 with 2 PSAC
              titles in 5 years. In addition Miller stadium is back great crowds and enthusiasm all season. SMH.
              Lol, IUPalum is a total CLOWN! Listen Coach Tort has the best winning percentage of any coach in the PSAC and Region. He has now been to the NCAA playoffs 3 times. 2 PSAC Championships. 1 Regional championship and a final 4 appearance. He also reached 30 wins faster than any other IUP coach (35 games). He has now passed up former IUP Coach Curt Cignetti in PSAC Championships (Coach Tort 2) (Coach Cignetti 1) Curt also never won the region at IUP. Coach Tort has Won a Regional championship. FACT. I thought Coach Cignetti did a good job with the program but not even close to what Coach Tort has done with the program up to the date. From numerous reports Coach Tort turned down 2 D1 jobs since being the Head Coach. My guess is the phone will be ringing for Coach Tort this offseason as well.
              Last edited by IUP Crimson Hawk; 11-14-2022, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

yeah, the more I thought about this the more I think it was easily the right call to go for it. If you make the FG or not, 2 TDs beat you either way. They get a TD and FG, it’s a tie and overtime. But if you score a TD, you just won the game, huge upside, without much downside.

Field goal does nothing for you there. Still a 2 possession game. Hell you have to kick it off to Ronnie Brown, what if he runs it back for a TD. Absolutely horrible officiating on that 4th downplay, Cole Laney got held by one of Sheps defensive players. Go watch it, just do not understand how they can’t call that!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Lol, IUPalum is a total CLOWN! Listen Coach Tort has the best winning percentage in the PSAC and Region 83 percent. He has now been to the NCAA playoffs 3 times. 2 PSAC Championships. 1 Regional championship and a final 4 appearance. He also reached 30 wins faster than any other IUP coach (35 games). He has now passed up former IUP Coach Curt Cignetti in PSAC Championships (Coach Tort 2) (Coach Cignetti 1) Curt also never won the region at IUP. Coach Tort has. FACT. From numerous reports Coach Tort turned down 2 D1 jobs since being the Head Coach. My guess is the phone will be ringing for Coach Tort this offseason as well.
                  Yep, you keep worshipping a guy that blasting got the best player hurt in a 35-0 blow out. The same coach that single handedly almost blew that Championship game yesterday. That same coach that had his team quit on him last year. That same coach that couldn’t beat Gannon and was unprepared to boot on defense which is his “specialty.” Etc etc… IUP can do better!

Comment

• FG does a lot there. It forces Shep to score TWO TDs in 4 minutes. That’s a big difference compared to a TD and a FG. So dumb!

Comment

FG does a lot there. It forces Shep to score TWO TDs in 4 minutes. That’s a big difference compared to a TD and a FG. So dumb!
                      A field goal does nothing for you there. It would still be a 2 possession game, you kick it off to Ronnie Brown, he could return it for a TD, you don’t get the first down you give Shep the ball on the 5 yard line with 95 yards to go and they will waste more clock vs at least the 25 yard line on a return. Hell a Field goal could get blocked and returned for a touchdown. But hey that’s why your sitting on your couch and not making those decisions.

Comment

Yep, you keep worshipping a guy that blasting got the best player hurt in a 35-0 blow out. The same coach that single handedly almost blew that Championship game yesterday. That same coach that had his team quit on him last year. That same coach that couldn’t beat Gannon and was unprepared to boot on defense which is his “specialty.” Etc etc… IUP can do better!
                        Lmfao!! You know absolutely nothing about football!! Coach Tort and his staff out coached Shepherd from the first play of the game to the last play of the game, if you watched it and think otherwise you do not know the game of football! Coach Tort’s team kicked Coach McCook’s team’s ass yesterday! That’s just a FACT if you watched the game you would have seen that! Next thing your you’re acting like IUP’s football facilities are nicer than Alabama! I AM JUST STATING FACTS! Coach Tort has the best winning percentage in the PSAC and Region 83 percent. He has now been to the NCAA playoffs 3 times. 2 PSAC Championships. 1 Regional championship and a final 4 appearance. He also reached 30 wins faster than any other IUP coach (35 games). He has now passed up former IUP Coach Curt Cignetti in PSAC Championships (Coach Tort 2) (Coach Cignetti 1) Curt also never won the region at IUP. Coach Tort has Won a regional championship. FACT. From numerous reports Coach Tort turned down 2 D1 jobs since being the Head Coach. My guess is the phone will be ringing for Coach Tort this offseason as well. Leaving Miller Stadium yesterday A shepherd fan, who I don’t know came up to me and said “congratulations IUP deserves that win, you kicked our asses today”

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

A field goal does nothing for you there. It would still be a 2 possession game, you kick it off to Ronnie Brown, he could return it for a TD, you don’t get the first down you give Shep the ball on the 5 yard line with 95 yards to go and they will waste more clock vs at least the 25 yard line on a return. Hell a Field goal could get blocked and returned for a touchdown. But hey that’s why your sitting on your couch and not making those decisions.
                          Still defending for his ****ty coaching! All of you disciples are still dodging the inexcusable Duane Brown injury up 35-0. Tort’s decisions yesterday were horrible and almost cost them the game. Tort is also the reason IUP didn’t have their best player yesterday!

Comment

• According to the Gazette game story, Duane has a sprained knee.

That's not a one size fits all injury. Some can come back in a couple weeks while others can take 1-2 months.

So, again, this bye is crucial. But, I'd say no guarantees he's back for Round 2.

Comment

Still defending for his ****ty coaching! All of you disciples are still dodging the inexcusable Duane Brown injury up 35-0. Tort’s decisions yesterday were horrible and almost cost them the game. Tort is also the reason IUP didn’t have their best player yesterday!
                              The thing is, how many coaches would make even worse decisions. I've seen Bagent playing up 40, Rock has their 3 top players injured, how did that happen. Hell Gannon Just missed out on the playoffs by laying a huge egg, how were they not ready to play that game ? Its easy to look back, but knowing when to take a star player out of the game is difficult. IUP could have beaten Clarion without Brown, should they just not played him. Do you not play your best players during the easy games? No, its just a crap shoot, and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

. Curt wasn't any better when he was here, and look where he is now. Make a decision, and bad luck comes back to bite you sometimes. But no coach is perfect and hind sight is 20/20

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

The thing is, how many coaches would make even worse decisions. I've seen Bagent playing up 40, Rock has their 3 top players injured, how did that happen. Hell Gannon Just missed out on the playoffs by laying a huge egg, how were they not ready to play that game ? Its easy to look back, but knowing when to take a star player out of the game is difficult. IUP could have beaten Clarion without Brown, should they just not played him. Do you not play your best players during the easy games? No, its just a crap shoot, and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

. Curt wasn't any better when he was here, and look where he is now. Make a decision, and bad luck comes back to bite you sometimes. But no coach is perfect and hind sight is 20/20

It was 28-0 at halftime and Clarion was completely lifeless. No chance they were coming back. Being honest, I was shocked Duane, Sexton and Ridley played in the third quarter. I was expecting to see them come out of the half with their shoulder pads off.

It got up to 35-0 and those three were still all in the game.

It wasn't a smart decision. There's no reward with that risk. He may be out several weeks.

Sure, one can say it's a hindsight decision. But, it shouldn't have to be. That's a cop-out to me. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason the stars were still in that game at this stage of the season. None. Why? Because this is what happens. We've seen it two years in a row in men's basketball and now this year in football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X