Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP better find a way to play better next week. Bagent will torch that defense without the rain and wind.

I won’t even get into Sexton’s piss poor play.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      IUP better find a way to play better next week. Bagent will torch that defense without the rain and wind.

The Juggernaut is coming!

Did anyone go to the tailgate and talk ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        1,295 announced gate today
        That’s sad, Shepherd only 5000+ and that was on a slow day. I get it. Students are home for the holiday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          1,295 announced gate today
          I actually think Ashland had more fans there than IUP. Who is in charge of the music? They were playing the theme song from Jurassic Park and piano jazz in the 4th quarter. What the eff?

I finally saw what many have said about the demographics of the Miller crowd. Me and my buddy were the only two people under 30 at the game it felt like lol. And many around us were tapping their feet to the music selections late in the game. Lol

Comment

IUP better find a way to play better next week. Bagent will torch that defense without the rain and wind.

I hope Stewart is available. Having seen him walking on the sidelines today, I’m not sure he’ll be back this year. One can hope though. Houser ran really hard. He’s a good one-cut back. But they’re going to have to run it a bunch next week. Having Stewart to split the load would be a great bonus for this team. They’re going to have to control the line of scrimmage and run it effectively.

The games I’ve watched start to finish this year tell me that the big strength of this IUP team is their OL. They dominated Shepherd and Ashland today in the trenches. Nothing schematic about it. Just one guy being tougher and better than the guy across from him.

I don’t like a rematch against a good team separated by just 3 weeks, but I feel better knowing the game was controlled last time by the IUP OL. That’s harder for an opponent to fix or adjust to.

They’ll have to play clean, mistake free football. But I think they have a strong shot to win the football game.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

IUP 216 yds to 103
              IUP TOP 19:25 to 9:15
              Ashland has 18 rushing yards.

Turnovers and penalties at key moments is what’s keeping this game close. I have zero question that IUP is the better team, and by a decent margin. The only thing that matters is the scoreboard though and it’s anyone’s game.
              In every game against strong competition this year, the IUP OL has controlled the game. I really like their chances against Shepherd because of that. Be very nice to get Stewart back. I think they can run the ball against Shep.

Sexton needs to play better. And I think he will. It’s pretty clear Brown is nowhere near 100%. He wasn’t moving incredibly well. Checked himself out every couple plays it seemed like. If Shep can make some adjustments and be better against the run, he’ll need to have a big game. Or at least be healthy enough to draw two defenders and open things up as somewhat of a decoy.

I like the emergence of Deabner and how they are utilizing multiple TE sets in the passing game. They’ve got plenty of options.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

IUP 216 yds to 103
                IUP TOP 19:25 to 9:15
                Ashland has 18 rushing yards.

Turnovers and penalties at key moments is what’s keeping this game close. I have zero question that IUP is the better team, and by a decent margin. The only thing that matters is the scoreboard though and it’s anyone’s game.
                Your post made sense in the first half, but there’s no doubt AU controlled the second half. Our D got a handle on your run game and your passing game was nowhere to be found in the second half.

The game came down to the goal line stop at the 1 and the blocked punt. Ashland played a good second half, but you have to score from the one and your special teams dominated.
                Good luck next week

Comment

Rematches are always hard. I say Shepherd May be the favorite as they are the unstoppable juggernaut.
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 11-27-2022, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I actually think Ashland had more fans there than IUP. Who is in charge of the music? They were playing the theme song from Jurassic Park and piano jazz in the 4th quarter. What the eff?

I finally saw what many have said about the demographics of the Miller crowd. Me and my buddy were the only two people under 30 at the game it felt like lol. And many around us were tapping their feet to the music selections late in the game. Lol
                    The basketball game at 430pm almost had a bigger gate than the football game.

The in-game music was a total disaster. The goal yesterday, it seemed, was to put people to sleep.

Amazing the visiting team had cheerleaders and the home team didn't.

I wonder if Michigan and Ohio State gave their bands the weekend off?

I've been to a lot of very lame games at Miller. That may be in the Top 2.

Comment

I hope Stewart is available. Having seen him walking on the sidelines today, I’m not sure he’ll be back this year. One can hope though. Houser ran really hard. He’s a good one-cut back. But they’re going to have to run it a bunch next week. Having Stewart to split the load would be a great bonus for this team. They’re going to have to control the line of scrimmage and run it effectively.

The games I’ve watched start to finish this year tell me that the big strength of this IUP team is their OL. They dominated Shepherd and Ashland today in the trenches. Nothing schematic about it. Just one guy being tougher and better than the guy across from him.

I don’t like a rematch against a good team separated by just 3 weeks, but I feel better knowing the game was controlled last time by the IUP OL. That’s harder for an opponent to fix or adjust to.

They’ll have to play clean, mistake free football. But I think they have a strong shot to win the football game.
                      The OL can dominate all they want but if you have a QB making **** decisions and making **** passes, it won’t matter! Sexton was god awful yesterday. Even fumbled a snap because he was ****ting his pants with the game on the line.

Baget will torch the secondary next week. He would’ve a couple weeks ago if his receivers could’ve held on to the ball.

Shep wins by 17 or more next week.

Comment

The OL can dominate all they want but if you have a QB making **** decisions and making **** passes, it won’t matter! Sexton was god awful yesterday. Even fumbled a snap because he was ****ting his pants with the game on the line.

Baget will torch the secondary next week. He would’ve a couple weeks ago if his receivers could’ve held on to the ball.

Shep wins by 17 or more next week.
                        They could lose. 17 is a big number. I like IUP to run effectively though. If they can do that, they have a good shot to win.

Comment

They could lose. 17 is a big number. I like IUP to run effectively though. If they can do that, they have a good shot to win.
                          They ran ok in the previous match up bc of the weather conditions. It won’t be 20 plus mph winds and rain this time around. Baget will take IUP out of their run game!

Comment

They are both really good teams. Obviously. IUP was the hungrier team the first time they met. They had a chip on their shoulder. That may be reversed this coming weekend.

Make no mistake, IUP should have blown them out a couple weeks ago. As that game developed, it NEVER should have even been close, let alone 24-21. Granted, Adam Houser took the dive or at minimum it would have been 31-21. But, that game doesn't mean much now.

IUP won the time of possession in the first meeting by a full 11 minutes. Bagent can't work his magic standing on the sidelines. That has to again be the key and, as you said, IUP's top strength is its OL.

IUP's offense wasn't too hot yesterday. Granted,, they had some nice, long drives that resulted in no points. But, there were long stretches it looked, well, out of sorts. IUP failed to capitalize in the first half and easily should have been up 21-7 at the half. But, as they like to do, they tend to let teams hang around rather than putting them away.

Sexton had a bad day. It happens. Neither QB went over 185 yards. Ashland's passing game was largely dink/dunk. A huge chunk of Sexton's 142 yards came on the first two drives. Sounds like the TE is taking the heat for the first interception. The second one was just a bad read -- WR was there (but so was the unaccounted for Safety).

Defensively, IUP held a really strong rushing attack to just 106 yards. They were laying some lumber on those boys, too.

It would be tremendous to have Dayjure Stewart back this week but I'm not overly hopeful.

Only 8 teams left in D2. IUP is home. We'll see.

Comment

They ran ok in the previous match up bc of the weather conditions. It won’t be 20 plus mph winds and rain this time around. Baget will take IUP out of their run game!
                              They are the unstoppable juggernaut.

Comment

They ran the ball when Shepherd knew they were lining up and going to run it. That's the sign of a good offensive line and a good run game. Shepherd had no defensive answer for IUP. They were getting obliterated off the ball. There's nothing x's and o's or schematic about that; and the OL winning the push against the DL is not related to wind and rain.

I'm not saying IUP's going to win, but I think their strength lends itself to winning this time of year. I think Sexton's had a good year. He's a good quarterback. We'll see what happens next week. Maybe they lose; maybe they earn the right to get dismantled the following week. We'll see.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X