Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

They ran the ball when Shepherd knew they were lining up and going to run it. That's the sign of a good offensive line and a good run game. Shepherd had no defensive answer for IUP. They were getting obliterated off the ball. There's nothing x's and o's or schematic about that; and the OL winning the push against the DL is not related to wind and rain.

I'm not saying IUP's going to win, but I think their strength lends itself to winning this time of year. I think Sexton's had a good year. He's a good quarterback. We'll see what happens next week. Maybe they lose; maybe they earn the right to get dismantled the following week. We'll see.
    Rematches in the playoffs can often be flipped from the first meeting.

The IUP 1999 Playoff Payback Tour was proof of that...........when they paid back regular season losses to Millersville and more grandly to Slimey Pebble.

Then again...IUP beat the living crap out of West Chester two meetings in a row in 2017.

So you never know....

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Rematches in the playoffs can often be flipped from the first meeting.

The IUP 1999 Playoff Payback Tour was proof of that...........when they paid back regular season losses to Millersville and more grandly to Slimey Pebble.

Then again...IUP beat the living crap out of West Chester two meetings in a row in 2017.

So you never know....
      Shepherd got revenge on Kutztown last year. Although it did take a freaking Hail Mary to pull it off!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

They ran the ball when Shepherd knew they were lining up and going to run it. That's the sign of a good offensive line and a good run game. Shepherd had no defensive answer for IUP. They were getting obliterated off the ball. There's nothing x's and o's or schematic about that; and the OL winning the push against the DL is not related to wind and rain.

I'm not saying IUP's going to win, but I think their strength lends itself to winning this time of year. I think Sexton's had a good year. He's a good quarterback. We'll see what happens next week. Maybe they lose; maybe they earn the right to get dismantled the following week. We'll see.
        Did you watch the last game? If Shep catches the ball they beat IUP by two scores. Running the ball only keeps the opponents offense off the field. All it takes is Shep to stop that run game once and then IUP plays from behind. If IUP gets behind and has to abandon the run then game over.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Did you watch the last game? If Shep catches the ball they beat IUP by two scores. Running the ball only keeps the opponents offense off the field. All it takes is Shep to stop that run game once and then IUP plays from behind. If IUP gets behind and has to abandon the run then game over.
          Shepherd is basically the Region 1 version of the Jawja Bulldogs.

:-)

Comment

• Everyone listen all you guys wanted to get rid of #11, he was the best player on the field yesterday defensively. FACT!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
              Everyone listen all you guys wanted to get rid of #11, he was the best player on the field yesterday defensively. FACT!
              My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the leftover turkey.

Comment

Everyone listen all you guys wanted to get rid of #11, he was the best player on the field yesterday defensively. FACT!
                You obviously didn't watch the game. Kick rocks bum!

Comment

Yeah. Honestly thought they controlled the game. Shouldn’t have been as close as it was due to a couple of reasons. We can agree to disagree. It’s not all doom and gloom in my opinion. They’re one of 8 teams left. They’ll line up on Saturday afternoon and play the game. Maybe they win, maybe they lose.

Comment

• On a serious topic, the extra points were a disaster yesterday. Another miss and a block. That's real alarming this time of the year and those two points lingered all day yesterday.

Kickoff return continued to be so-so (at best).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      On a serious topic, the extra points were a disaster yesterday. Another miss and a block. That's real alarming this time of the year and those two points lingered all day yesterday.

I stated my concerns for the kicking game in the live thread during the first half. I said it all year it would come back and bite them in the ass if they didn't get it fixed. Well, here we are!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        On a serious topic, the extra points were a disaster yesterday. Another miss and a block. That's real alarming this time of the year and those two points lingered all day yesterday.

Their punting evened that out.

Comment

I stated my concerns for the kicking game in the live thread during the first half. I said it all year it would come back and bite them in the ass if they didn't get it fixed. Well, here we are!
                          The key thing and I think the point that you're missing is that it didn't come back to bite them in the ass. IUP won. When time runs out, that's the only thing that matters.

One thing IUP has going for it is that they have demonstrated a total team effort. When one aspect falters, another part of the team steps up.

The kicking game has been suspect from the beginning. Everybody knows that.

The defense has been really tough in these important games. They didn't show that kind of resilience and cohesiveness earlier in the year. Mak had a few plays that went awry. Still won the game.

The RB situation is interesting. So far, rather than having the 2 backs at the same time, Stewart was the star earlier in the season and now when he is out Houser has gotten into a rhythm. Yes, it would be better to have both healthy. Houser, with I think 33 carries on the day, is working more than desired.

I do think something overlooked is that in the previous Shepherd game Stewart played a key role in the 1st quarter of that game and helped to set the tone for the game.

Who wins on Saturday? That's why they play the game.

Comment

You obviously didn't watch the game. Kick rocks bum!
                            7 solo tackles. 9 total tackles. 1.5 TFL. 1 Sack. Lockdown D as well. FACTS.

Comment

7 solo tackles. 9 total tackles. 1.5 TFL. 1 Sack. Lockdown D as well. FACTS.
                              I remember my first beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The key thing and I think the point that you're missing is that it didn't come back to bite them in the ass. IUP won. When time runs out, that's the only thing that matters.

One thing IUP has going for it is that they have demonstrated a total team effort. When one aspect falters, another part of the team steps up.

The kicking game has been suspect from the beginning. Everybody knows that.

The defense has been really tough in these important games. They didn't show that kind of resilience and cohesiveness earlier in the year. Mak had a few plays that went awry. Still won the game.

The RB situation is interesting. So far, rather than having the 2 backs at the same time, Stewart was the star earlier in the season and now when he is out Houser has gotten into a rhythm. Yes, it would be better to have both healthy. Houser, with I think 33 carries on the day, is working more than desired.

I do think something overlooked is that in the previous Shepherd game Stewart played a key role in the 1st quarter of that game and helped to set the tone for the game.

Who wins on Saturday? That's why they play the game.

Ironically, to your point, most seem to think IUP played a bad game yesterday. However, the vast majority of posters picked Ashland to win that game yesterday in the Pick 'Em. So, basically, IUP played 'bad' yesterday but still won a game about 80% on here picked them to lose.

Ashland was far from a pushover. That was a good, older team. End of the day there aren't style points. One moves on and the other gets ready for the banquet.

To your other point, I don't understand the kicking. IUP has been strong on FGs -- including a pressure-packed game-winner. The extra points (the alleged gimme kicks) are the issue. That makes little sense. At this point, I feel way better watching them kick a 43-yarder than I do watching them kick an XP.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X