Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Ironically, to your point, most seem to think IUP played a bad game yesterday. However, the vast majority of posters picked Ashland to win that game yesterday in the Pick 'Em. So, basically, IUP played 'bad' yesterday but still won a game about 80% on here picked them to lose.

Ashland was far from a pushover. That was a good, older team. End of the day there aren't style points. One moves on and the other gets ready for the banquet.

To your other point, I don't understand the kicking. IUP has been strong on FGs -- including a pressure-packed game-winner. The extra points (the alleged gimme kicks) are the issue. That makes little sense. At this point, I feel way better watching them kick a 43-yarder than I do watching them kick an XP.
    So I moved up in the standings? :-)

Comment

• 7 solo tackles. 9 total tackles. 1.5 TFL. 1 Sack. Lockdown D as well. FACTS.
      [/QUOTE]

Is he a LB or a CB? He'd probly be a good safety or cover 2 corner.

Be interesting to see if the weather allows Shepherd to put their best or fastest wr into the boundary and go deep on him. Or maybe he gets another assist from the weather like a few weeks ago. If it's nice weather like yesterday it will be interesting to see how he holds up.
      Last edited by EdinboroFB; 11-28-2022, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Rematches in the playoffs can often be flipped from the first meeting.

The IUP 1999 Playoff Payback Tour was proof of that...........when they paid back regular season losses to Millersville and more grandly to Slimey Pebble.

Then again...IUP beat the living crap out of West Chester two meetings in a row in 2017.

So you never know....

1999 was awesome. IUP backed into the playoffs and got revenge. I loved beating the rock on their field and trying to storm that pebble. The trip to ville was memorable because it was over thanksgiving, and I didn’t get to go home. After that almost beat NWMS at their field was awesome. What a beautiful area.

Comment

• Originally posted by eagler927 View Post

Your post made sense in the first half, but there’s no doubt AU controlled the second half. Our D got a handle on your run game and your passing game was nowhere to be found in the second half.

The game came down to the goal line stop at the 1 and the blocked punt. Ashland played a good second half, but you have to score from the one and your special teams dominated.
          Good luck next week
          The only time your team made stops in the run game is when they brought extra guys. Ashland didn’t control anything the entire game. They couldn’t even get the ball back at the end to give themselves a chance unless you want to count the final 35 seconds. It was there for the taking too when the drive started on IUP’s own 10 yard line thanks to a bonehead play by the returner. They had one decent drive and the other time they got in the red zone they couldn’t punch it in from the one yard line. Your receiver made a heck of a catch for the first TD on 3rd and long so all credit where it’s due there. Time of possession was 37:58 to 22:02. If you want to say Ashland played bend but don’t break defense, that would be a fair statement.

Regardless, we’re done talking about Ashland here. There’s a game in Indiana next weekend.

Comment

They are both really good teams. Obviously. IUP was the hungrier team the first time they met. They had a chip on their shoulder. That may be reversed this coming weekend.

Make no mistake, IUP should have blown them out a couple weeks ago. As that game developed, it NEVER should have even been close, let alone 24-21. Granted, Adam Houser took the dive or at minimum it would have been 31-21. But, that game doesn't mean much now.

IUP won the time of possession in the first meeting by a full 11 minutes. Bagent can't work his magic standing on the sidelines. That has to again be the key and, as you said, IUP's top strength is its OL.

IUP's offense wasn't too hot yesterday. Granted,, they had some nice, long drives that resulted in no points. But, there were long stretches it looked, well, out of sorts. IUP failed to capitalize in the first half and easily should have been up 21-7 at the half. But, as they like to do, they tend to let teams hang around rather than putting them away.

Sexton had a bad day. It happens. Neither QB went over 185 yards. Ashland's passing game was largely dink/dunk. A huge chunk of Sexton's 142 yards came on the first two drives. Sounds like the TE is taking the heat for the first interception. The second one was just a bad read -- WR was there (but so was the unaccounted for Safety).

Defensively, IUP held a really strong rushing attack to just 106 yards. They were laying some lumber on those boys, too.

It would be tremendous to have Dayjure Stewart back this week but I'm not overly hopeful.

Only 8 teams left in D2. IUP is home. We'll see.
            I think IUP was hungrier because there was a possibility they do not make it to the playoffs with a 8-2 record. I do believe you were correct stating no PSAC runner up is sitting out of the playoffs, but IUP could not risk that with a 10 game schedule.

Sexton is here playing for IUP for a reason. He left his previous team after they benched him late in the season for his reckless play. While transferring to IUP, his previous team went ahead and went undefeated in the regular season, but lost to the defending national champ this weekend in an extremely close game. Sexton must take care of the ball, especially if Brown is not at full strength and no Dayjure Stewart.

I am happy that IUP is in the Final Eight, a nice bounce back from last year's disappointing season with 17 All conference players. But I would love for IUP to get back to the Final Four. But that guy Bagent is getting NFL looks for a reason. Could be a long night for IUP if the Shepherd receivers are catching the ball.

Comment

The basketball game at 430pm almost had a bigger gate than the football game.

The in-game music was a total disaster. The goal yesterday, it seemed, was to put people to sleep.

Amazing the visiting team had cheerleaders and the home team didn't.

I wonder if Michigan and Ohio State gave their bands the weekend off?

I've been to a lot of very lame games at Miller. That may be in the Top 2.
              Agree. It was bad. I give Ashland a ton of credit for how they traveled. They get a lot of support out there. It’s a great stadium and the one time I was there it was packed and a great atmosphere. At the end of the day, who wins the game is what matters most but that was a poor showing by everyone around IUP football not wearing a uniform. Regarding the music, what a joke that was. Obviously Bill Otto was back and I joked to the guy next to me that he must be spinning the Oldies Attic up there in addition to his PA duties.

I assume it will be a far better atmosphere next weekend with everyone back and this, win or lose, likely being the last game in Indiana this year. Maybe we could get Mark Bertig back to handle PA duties as he did in the first Shepherd game.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Agree. It was bad. I give Ashland a ton of credit for how they traveled. They get a lot of support out there. It’s a great stadium and the one time I was there it was packed and a great atmosphere. At the end of the day, who wins the game is what matters most but that was a poor showing by everyone around IUP football not wearing a uniform. Regarding the music, what a joke that was. Obviously Bill Otto was back and I joked to the guy next to me that he must be spinning the Oldies Attic up there in addition to his PA duties.

I assume it will be a far better atmosphere next weekend with everyone back and this, win or lose, likely being the last game in Indiana this year. Maybe we could get Mark Bertig back to handle PA duties as he did in the first Shepherd game.
                If they warm up to Earth Angel and Duke of Earl next Saturday we are in trouble.

We won't have Otto or Bertig for this game. The regional final gets a PA announcer assigned (neutral party). I believe the cannon is also not permitted.

But, yes, they drew well all year aside from Saturday and I suspect this Saturday will be packed.

Comment

If they warm up to Earth Angel and Duke of Earl next Saturday we are in trouble.

We won't have Otto or Bertig for this game. The regional final gets a PA announcer assigned (neutral party). I believe the cannon is also not permitted.

But, yes, they drew well all year aside from Saturday and I suspect this Saturday will be packed.
                  You are joking, right? Please tell me the music selection was not Earth Angel...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

You are joking, right? Please tell me the music selection was not Earth Angel...
                    For comedic reasons, I hope it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

No lol but it wasn't far off. Pregame was the normal play list of rap but the in-game was horrendous.

They played some oldies mixed in with the Jurassic Park theme song (about 15 times).

Without the band that's all you heard during breaks so it really stood out in an awful way. It was just an awful atmosphere. The home side didn't make a peep for 98% of the game.

As a football fan the only cool thing was you could hear everything. And, when you can hear Campolo all day ... it's quite entertaining.

Comment

• If you were at the game, how did Brown and Stewart look?

Was Brown limping around? Sexton and Brown didn't connect on any long passes. The webcast doesn't show the receiver running a route so it was hard to tell.

I did see Stewart jumping around on the sidelines after an IUP score. That's different than playing in the game, making cuts, taking hits, etc.

Play a doctor on the forum. What's your prognosis for those guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          If you were at the game, how did Brown and Stewart look?

Was Brown limping around? Sexton and Brown didn't connect on any long passes. The webcast doesn't show the receiver running a route so it was hard to tell.

I did see Stewart jumping around on the sidelines after an IUP score. That's different than playing in the game, making cuts, taking hits, etc.

Duane was 60%. They obviously took him off punt return and his pitch count seemed limited.

Stewart is doubtful for this week. If they get beyond this week ... perhaps we see him.

My opinion.

Duane may be better this week with another week of recovery time. I'd sure assume he'll have light practices.

Comment

Duane was 60%. They obviously took him off punt return and his pitch count seemed limited.

Stewart is doubtful for this week. If they get beyond this week ... perhaps we see him.

My opinion.

Duane may be better this week with another week of recovery time. I'd sure assume he'll have light practices.
                            Doubtful? But he was Questionable for Ashland. He has been downgraded.

Comment

Doubtful? But he was Questionable for Ashland. He has been downgraded.
                              He was never questionable in reality (my assumption). That was Tort playing games with Ashland and not showing his hand. Common coach speak tactics on a coaches' show.

From those I've talked to who are pretty close to things ... it doesn't sound good for this week. But ... we'll see.

Comment

If you were at the game, how did Brown and Stewart look?

Brown wasn’t moving as well and he was also a bit rusty. He had a couple passes in his hands that he normally comes down with. There was about a 20 yard throw on the IUP sideline that I would say he dropped, which you never see. He did make the big grab for the second touchdown. I can’t imagine him not playing much better on Saturday.

It’s hard to say about Stewart. I was trying to watch his movement throughout the game and I didn’t see much. He looks healthy, but walking on the sideline is a far cry from toting the rock in a playoff game. I will be surprised if he’s dressed this weekend. I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X