Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

It's absolutely horrible watching the PSAC refs just bumble around. And there is no consistency, unless being bad week to week counts.
    Well they will be on sat regional final Saturday get ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Tomorrow is Giving Tuesday.

Tort has a ton coming back next year but will need to purchase some portal DL. Good ones don't come cheap.
      Danielson will be a monster next year was ruled ineligible this year, best defensive player his senior year in the wpial.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

The resentment goes back to Frank's last few years, the horrible behavior of some players, and then the follow on disaster of Tony Atwater, Lou Tepper, and IUPatty's . I've talked to a lot of Alumni, from that era, that just will not support the football program despite the changes. The locals left, and have not really comeback. Some of it is economic, there used to be many more sponsors, local businesses, etc. - the really rich locals have all died, or moved away - after putting their money in the KCAC. Rosebud mining is a current sponsor that won't last long. The S+T Bank, a few Insurance guys is all anymore. There's a bit more for basketball, where the local retail businesses can get more attention for less money. The fact is the town has grown much poorer in the last 20 years.
        Thought every home crowd was great all year except Turkey Saturday. Still don’t get any points for attendance just sayin….

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Why didn’t they beat Ashland more handily? Sexton’s poor decisions, ints and poor accuracy! Plain and simple.
          W, u understand what that means , grow up…just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Thought every home crowd was great all year except Turkey Saturday. Still don’t get any points for attendance just sayin….
            Maybe things are on the upswing, at least students and band parents are coming back. The better atmosphere and winning help alot.

Comment

Well they will be on sat regional final Saturday get ready.
              No, it will be either a MEC/Gmac/NE10 crew I think. From what I recall they assign neutral referring crews separate from the teams conference officials.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

No, it will be either a MEC/Gmac/NE10 crew I think. From what I recall they assign neutral referring crews separate from the teams conference officials.
                And it will be the same crew for both teams, no matter which conference it's from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

And it will be the same crew for both teams, no matter which conference it's from.
                  While the PSAC refs are bad, it seems like there are bad calls on all levels of football and across all sports. Isn't it a matter of time until technology takes over from humans?

I mean, you could run these plays through a computer algorithm and come up with an accurate call within seconds. It could be fan-friendly. Make it visual. Make it spontaneous. It's ridiculous to have to sit and watch these private conversations amongst the officiating crew. Same goes for baseball. We do have technology now to expose bad calls and it seems clear that people can't make those judgments as accurately.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

While the PSAC refs are bad, it seems like there are bad calls on all levels of football and across all sports. Isn't it a matter of time until technology takes over from humans?

I mean, you could run these plays through a computer algorithm and come up with an accurate call within seconds. It could be fan-friendly. Make it visual. Make it spontaneous. It's ridiculous to have to sit and watch these private conversations amongst the officiating crew. Same goes for baseball. We do have technology now to expose bad calls and it seems clear that people can't make those judgments as accurately.
                    As a fan attending in person, it's a little harder to grasp in football. At Miller, for example, you are fairly far off the field. So, the officials all kind of look the same from the bleachers.

What I'm getting at, is I've attended so many PSAC basketball games I couldn't begin to even guess at the number.

I can tell you precisely how the game will go as soon as the officiating crew walks out on to the arena floor. I'm not joking -- with precision. The rules of basketball are the same throughout D2. Yet, the officials assigned to a particular game alter it so much it's fascinating.

We have 'hack' crews -- they let the teams beat the p*ss out of each other all game.

We have the 'showmen' crew -- they think we're all there to see them and call every foul under the sun.

We have the 'lazy' crew -- three dinosaurs that are still somehow expected to call a fast-paced game. They are out of position nearly all 40 minutes and ruin just about every game.

Rules are the same. The game, however, changes so much based upon the crew.

Comment

• LOL remember when a Millersville alum used to come on here and ***** and moan about the young idiot AD? All he's done is raise money to improve facilities.

Millersville University plans $9 million renovation of stadium and gym

https://lancasteronline.com/business...65dcfd866.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        LOL remember when a Millersville alum used to come on here and ***** and moan about the young idiot AD? All he's done is raise money to improve facilities.

How timely is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          LOL remember when a Millersville alum used to come on here and ***** and moan about the young idiot AD? All he's done is raise money to improve facilities.

It’s not turning the stadium into the Jerrydome. They don’t have any loo’s on the visiting side. The ones they do have on the home side are cramped. So they definitely need that money to upgrade the loos. A canopy over the visiting side would be nice because if it’s hot and sunny in early season, you are like a hot dog on a roller for three hours on the metal stands.

Comment

W, u understand what that means , grow up…just sayin
                            Sounds like I struck a nerve with you, FACTS!

Comment

• I was really hoping Jack was going to ask Tort last night he if felt the bye week had any effect on things. I'm sure it would have been a coach-speak answer but I am curious. The offense was a little ... out of sorts, off, ... not sure what.

I suspect they shook off the rust. That's not to discredit a very strong Ashland defense. That was probably the best D IUP saw all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

As a fan attending in person, it's a little harder to grasp in football. At Miller, for example, you are fairly far off the field. So, the officials all kind of look the same from the bleachers.

What I'm getting at, is I've attended so many PSAC basketball games I couldn't begin to even guess at the number.

I can tell you precisely how the game will go as soon as the officiating crew walks out on to the arena floor. I'm not joking -- with precision. The rules of basketball are the same throughout D2. Yet, the officials assigned to a particular game alter it so much it's fascinating.

We have 'hack' crews -- they let the teams beat the p*ss out of each other all game.

We have the 'showmen' crew -- they think we're all there to see them and call every foul under the sun.

We have the 'lazy' crew -- three dinosaurs that are still somehow expected to call a fast-paced game. They are out of position nearly all 40 minutes and ruin just about every game.

Rules are the same. The game, however, changes so much based upon the crew.
                                We probably don't have the greatest crews in the PSAC, but officiating most sports is very hard. Basketball has changed so much over the years, with the athletes getting quicker and playing above the rim, that you have to be on your toes on all times. Even reffing YMCA and summer leagues games, you can run into a variety of situations that call for a split-second decision. I learned that I would not be a good basketball official because I tend to pause for a moment before I make a decision, and any delay you make as an official has fans ready to pounce because they take it as a sign that you don't know what to call. Even in baseball or softball, you get bang-bang calls on the bases that really could go either way. I had several calls like that in a slow-pitch softball game once, and one of the teams was about ready to stomp me (didn't help that the home plate umpire was a prima donna jerk who overruled me on one call despite the fact that I had a much better look at it than he did).

I can be as hard on officials as the next person, but sometimes we really need to tone down the abuse a little, especially at the youth level. Stories are legion about parents threatening officials, getting into physical scuffles, etc. There was a near riot at an elementary school-age wrestling meet near Harrisburg not long ago. Our major area athletic conference, the 36-team Mid-Penn, can't play all of its football games on Fridays because they only had about a dozen qualified football officiating crews last year — do the math. My primary worry in the future is not whether the officiating is good or bad, but whether we'll have enough officials to play the games at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X