Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

This may also be IUP's third bad weather game this year so they should be used to it. The IUP/Rock game was way worse conditions than the IUP/Shep game.

But, as they say, it rains on both benches.
    I know it sounds like we are making excuses for the loss and potentially another loss due to weather. Both teams have to play in it for sure and the better team will prevail. It's just somewhat obvious that both teams are designed and built a certain way, and IUP doesn't seem to be as affected by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I know it sounds like we are making excuses for the loss and potentially another loss due to weather. Both teams have to play in it for sure and the better team will prevail. It's just somewhat obvious that both teams are designed and built a certain way, and IUP doesn't seem to be as affected by it.
      Don't forget us fans. We gotta sit in that sh!t again for 4 hours lol. It will at least be much warmer. I think even with the rain it's going to be in the high 50s. That's pretty sweet for December in Indiana.

I know EyeoftheHawk has talked about it on here ... but, that SRU game this year was insanity. I had a full rain suit and was still 100% drenched. The rain and wind -- in particular the whole second half -- changed directions about every 2 minutes. Duane Brown made plays in that game that I still have no idea how he caught all those balls. Miller Stadium is kind of right in a natural wind tunnel and both ends are wide open so there's nothing there blocking it. Sexton's second pick last weekend certainly got hung up in it. It was one of the rare routes he has to throw kind of a lob pass (by his standards) instead of his normal 100 mph fastballs.

Comment

Don't forget us fans. We gotta sit in that sh!t again for 4 hours lol. It will at least be much warmer. I think even with the rain it's going to be in the high 50s. That's pretty sweet for December in Indiana.

I know EyeoftheHawk has talked about it on here ... but, that SRU game this year was insanity. I had a full rain suit and was still 100% drenched. The rain and wind -- in particular the whole second half -- changed directions about every 2 minutes. Duane Brown made plays in that game that I still have no idea how he caught all those balls. Miller Stadium is kind of right in a natural wind tunnel and both ends are wide open so there's nothing there blocking it. Sexton's second pick last weekend certainly got hung up in it. It was one of the rare routes he has to throw kind of a lob pass (by his standards) instead of his normal 100 mph fastballs.
        Maple Street was always a wind tunnel. I walked many a day heading towards my room in Oakland Hall going against fierce winds on that street.

Comment

• Interesting to see Shep fans in the IUP thread arguing with each other. I hope we’re not rubbing off on y’all.

It’s still a few days from Saturday so the forecast can change. One thing I do expect is for the Rams to at least attempt to run way more than in game one. That said, if you watch the game back you’ll see the real issue is the Shep O-line couldn’t get a push and as I mentioned after that game, that’s not something you fix in a few weeks time. It’s all about Johnny and Jimmy in the trenches and both lines of scrimmage were controlled by IUP. The combination of that, plus falling behind, is why the ball was in the air so much.

I do believe IUP will have an advantage in bad weather, plus, Brown is back and will be at or at least close to 100%. Based on how he caught the ball in the downpour against Slippery Rock, it doesn’t seem like the weather impacts him. Sexton also seems to throw the ball well in the rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
            Interesting to see Shep fans in the IUP thread arguing with each other. I hope we’re not rubbing off on y’all.

It’s still a few days from Saturday so the forecast can change. One thing I do expect is for the Rams to at least attempt to run way more than in game one. That said, if you watch the game back you’ll see the real issue is the Shep O-line couldn’t get a push and as I mentioned after that game, that’s not something you fix in a few weeks time. It’s all about Johnny and Jimmy in the trenches and both lines of scrimmage were controlled by IUP. The combination of that, plus falling behind, is why the ball was in the air so much.

I do believe IUP will have an advantage in bad weather, plus, Brown is back and will be at or at least close to 100%. Based on how he caught the ball in the downpour against Slippery Rock, it doesn’t seem like the weather impacts him. Sexton also seems to throw the ball well in the rain.
            I’ll gladly eat the crow later this week, but I’m having a hard time believing the Rams are just inferior on the line play. IMO it was just their worst game of the season. They can move IUP off the ball and they’ll need to at times in order to move to the next round.

I don’t think it needs fixed, just needs opportunity. Brown must have 20-25 touches, otherwise I don’t know what they are doing. Bagent will be that much better if they just give it a chance… which they have the last 2 weeks and Brown has dominated.

Comment

I’ll gladly eat the crow later this week, but I’m having a hard time believing the Rams are just inferior on the line play. IMO it was just their worst game of the season. They can move IUP off the ball and they’ll need to at times in order to move to the next round.

I don’t think it needs fixed, just needs opportunity. Brown must have 20-25 touches, otherwise I don’t know what they are doing. Bagent will be that much better if they just give it a chance… which they have the last 2 weeks and Brown has dominated.
              I absolutely agree with EyeoftheHawk. The line play on both sides of the ball was significant in the first game. I wouldn't expect that to be different. On the other hand, Shepherd has a potential 2-time Harlon Hill winner. Should be just as interesting as the first matchup.

Comment

Three weeks ago might as well be three years ago. What happened that day is irrelevant. Players are back. Others are now out. List goes on.

Only thing any of us dopes know is the ball is kicking off Saturday at 1 p.m. -- rain, sun, snow, wind, whatever. They are both good. Somebody has to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I absolutely agree with EyeoftheHawk. The line play on both sides of the ball was significant in the first game. I wouldn't expect that to be different. On the other hand, Shepherd has a potential 2-time Harlon Hill winner. Should be just as interesting as the first matchup.
                  I imagine the O and D lines down in Shepherdstown are hearing all week about how they got handled in the last meeting. They’ll be motivated. That said, I can’t imagine they weren’t motivated in the last game. All I know is what I saw and I’m not sure it will be different this time around. That doesn’t mean Shepherd won’t win because they’re capable in many ways.

Comment

I imagine the O and D lines down in Shepherdstown are hearing all week about how they got handled in the last meeting. They’ll be motivated. That said, I can’t imagine they weren’t motivated in the last game. All I know is what I saw and I’m not sure it will be different this time around. That doesn’t mean Shepherd won’t win because they’re capable in many ways.
                    Shepherd is the unstoppable juggernaut. Why even play the game. :-)

Comment

• No coincidence that the two games since the PSAC championship game Ronnie Brown has had 20+ carries per game. The most in any two game stretch all season.

Obviously, the Shepherd coaches werent happy with themselves. I'd be surprised if he doesnt have his season record for carries (22) on saturday and record for touches overall (26).

I heard one coach used to keep a pc of paper and make a mark when his playmakers got the ball just to make sure they got enough touches and it wasnt lost in the chaos of the game.

I assume this game is for a trip to Michigan next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                        No coincidence that the two games since the PSAC championship game Ronnie Brown has had 20+ carries per game. The most in any two game stretch all season.

Obviously, the Shepherd coaches werent happy with themselves. I'd be surprised if he doesnt have his season record for carries (22) on saturday and record for touches overall (26).

I heard one coach used to keep a pc of paper and make a mark when his playmakers got the ball just to make sure they got enough touches and it wasnt lost in the chaos of the game.

I assume this game is for a trip to Michigan next week.

There are two sides to every story. IUP is very difficult to actually run the ball against. They have some serious run-stuffers up front along with very fast, hard-hitting LBs.

It probably is safe to assume the winner of the game will travel next week ... but, you never know. Remember, West Florida is a No. 3 seed in their Region.

Comment

• Shepherd is Jawja with Tom Brady at QB. We may never recover.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            Shepherd is Jawja with Tom Brady at QB. We may never recover.
                            They both better enjoy this game. The winner typically becomes the Final Four version of Clarion the following week.

Comment

They both better enjoy this game. The winner typically becomes the Final Four version of Clarion the following week.
                              You're such a killjoy! LOL

The truth hurts sometimes though. I'll be rooting for whoever wins. I like the rivalry that's developing with Shepherd but that goes out the window if they advance. I think just playing a competitive game in the semis would be a win for SR1, as sad as that is to say.

Comment

You're such a killjoy! LOL

The truth hurts sometimes though. I'll be rooting for whoever wins. I like the rivalry that's developing with Shepherd but that goes out the window if they advance. I think just playing a competitive game in the semis would be a win for SR1, as sad as that is to say.
                                Never know. Ferris and GVSU are going to smash each other this weekend.

And, it's no secret they call drawing SR1 in the Final Four the 'bye' week.

There are certain years we have good enough teams to perhaps catch one sleeping.

Sans the Max injury the week prior in 2017 may have been much different.

But, we've also seen first hand many, many blowouts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X