Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I think Sexton has the zip on his passes to cut through the wind, but like was said, gusts can do a lot of crazy things, especially at Miller that is essentially a chute inside a fairly open area for wind to run through. Rain might linger for a spot. One thing to consider: as the stakes get higher, is there extra pressure on Sexton? At least internally, that can get in the way of all his talent. He's also gotta improve his accuracy. Maybe last week was an anomaly.

Then again, maybe the DID can just want to fight all the Shepherd "clowns" and distract the Rams.

There's pressure on everybody tomorrow.

It just can't be Gannon Part 2 for IUP to be successful. They can hang in a shootout but certainly that wouldn't be the option.

There's a Duane Brown factor tomorrow. Will Larry Wilson get too enthralled with having Duane back and not run enough? The beauty of their offense in the victory over Shepherd is the Rams were really guessing all day. They were obviously prepped all week for Duane and then all the sudden he wasn't there.

IUP ran pretty well on Shepherd. Now Shepherd may be without one of its top LBs.

I fully acknowledge Shepherd has a scary offense. IUP does, too, and it starts behind the best OL in the Region.

Saddle up, cowboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

That is an outstanding D2 job probably the best in Region 1. Job has everything, facilities, 36 s Ollie’s and strong recruiting area. In addition the league is not that tough…just sayin…Guy at Kutzrown would be a fool not to apply.
      Clements sounds like he's going to get the Lehigh spot.

I think the GMAC is a decent league. Just a smaller version of ours, but definitely better than the MEC or NE10 in Region 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Change what, the games are locked in pal.
        Christ, you are dumber than a box of rocks! We know the games are locked in. I was talking recruiting, system, etc. Kick rocks, bum!

Comment

• Word out of the KCAC is a 'good' amount of tickets have been already sold for tomorrow.

Positive sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There's pressure on everybody tomorrow.

It just can't be Gannon Part 2 for IUP to be successful. They can hang in a shootout but certainly that wouldn't be the option.

There's a Duane Brown factor tomorrow. Will Larry Wilson get too enthralled with having Duane back and not run enough? The beauty of their offense in the victory over Shepherd is the Rams were really guessing all day. They were obviously prepped all week for Duane and then all the sudden he wasn't there.

IUP ran pretty well on Shepherd. Now Shepherd may be without one of its top LBs.

I fully acknowledge Shepherd has a scary offense. IUP does, too, and it starts behind the best OL in the Region.

Saddle up, cowboys.
            I think Sexton is a big game player.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

The wind will be a factor. It will be blowing out of the SW so as far as The Mill is concerned, that’s from the corner of the end zone where the cannon is toward the business building, or parking lot area. This will be very similar to how it was blowing in the first game.

Given the forecasted gusts combined with the wind tunnel that seems to be there, you might be better off to prioritize what end of the field you defend versus whether or not to take possession of you win the toss. That said, IUP scored two touchdowns into the teeth of the wind in the third quarter in the last meeting.

I was actually thinking about the coin toss of all things this morning. I don't know who won the toss in the first meeting, but IUP kicked off. That first three and out (and missed Pick 6) was the exact jolt of confidence they needed.

That said, tomorrow, just as you said, I'd probably play the wind and choose my field direction and let them pick if they want the ball.

Dry or wet, it's going to be very difficult to kick tomorrow. Tort has mentioned several times he knows they aren't beating Shepherd with FGs so I suspect they'll try and avoid them at all costs. That wind really gets in the kickers heads and then all sorts of bad things can happen. Of course, we should be much more worried about XPs than FGs.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

He's been in a lot of them -- and played very well against Shepherd (short-handed). He'll be ready to roll.

Sexton has beat Cal, SRU, Ashland and Shepherd in the same season. That's quite the resume.

Comment

• Ashland's Lee Owens officially announced his retirement.

Comment

Bagent

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Bagent
                      Weird.

Comment

Weird.
                        Idk why that’s weird. Bagent has won the big games before and a Harlon Hill winner BUT Sexton is a big game player. Ok, whatever you say!

Comment

• Looks like the first hour today will have rain/wind. The rest of the game should have sun/wind. Oddly, the temperature will fall when the sun comes out.

Kickoff should be around 54 degrees. The second half will be around 45 degrees.

They will see a bit of everything today..

Bottom line: Get your IUP gear on from the Co-Op store.

Comment

• Not raining at moment but windy as F

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Not raining at moment but windy as F
                              An odd one to get the family dressed for. My wife will arrive looking like the game is in Siberia and then say she’s overdressed. Then she’ll remove a layer in time to be cold for the second half. My son won’t care what the weather is and will be irritated with my wife about fussing over him. I won’t even notice the weather unless it’s pouring, but that’s not looking like it’s going to happen. Bottom line is, we’ve been discussing how to dress for the game all morning! The wind is ripping though. I think we’re going to see a heavy dose of the running game from both sides today, regardless of how good the QBs are.

Comment

• Is U92 broadcasting?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X