Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be the first to say it....

It's officially basketball season in Indiana!

Go Joe...bring it home this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I get losing. Shepherd is very good.

Losing like THAT, however, is inexcusable.

Question is how and why (I'm not talking about X's and O's). That game was over at 7-7.
      They were mad they lost the Pee Sack Trophy to us.....I don't think Shepherd really respects IUP...and why should they as they have now marches into Indiana three times in the last four seasons and left with a win...two of them very convincingly. I bet in private they believe IUP does not deserve to be holding the $39.99 Pee Sack Trophy but it's ours and it counts towards the Dixon Trophy.

Comment

I get losing. Shepherd is very good.

Losing like THAT, however, is inexcusable.

Question is how and why (I'm not talking about X's and O's). That game was over at 7-7.
        I honestly felt like Shepherd starting to find success rushing the football on its second scoring drive was huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They were mad they lost the Pee Sack Trophy to us.....I don't think Shepherd really respects IUP...and why should they as they have now marches into Indiana three times in the last four seasons and left with a win...two of them very convincingly. I bet in private they believe IUP does not deserve to be holding the $39.99 Pee Sack Trophy but it's ours and it counts towards the Dixon Trophy.
          We haven’t won a conference championship in like 7 years now. One thing with Bagent that he won’t have on his resume is any conference championships. Playoff success, makes it all the better. Hopefully they fare better in the semis this year.

Comment

I'm not talking about them. I want to know how or why IUP looked that bad today. It was ugly. Looked dead.

Comment

I'm not talking about them. I want to know how or why IUP looked that bad today. It was ugly. Looked dead.
              Well...I'd say that is coaching.

Comment

It happens. They are asking the same things at USC, TCU, and Grand Valley State. The score obviously doesn't reflect the difference between the teams. In fact, if they played a rubber match I would still put my money on IUP. Things just sort of snowballed in that game to the point of being out of reach. Once Shepherd got that momentum they took over.

The long pass before Shep's first TD was almost a sack in the backfield. That gave Shep life because until that point IUP was in control. I will say that in the first game IUP had both pressure on Bagent and good coverage, but they lacked the good coverage part this time. IUP had a lot of dropped passes. I recall the punt into the wind that set up Shep's 2nd TD. I didn't see Houser's fumble at the beginning of the 3rd quarter but that obviously was the icing on the cake.

It is what it is. There were a lot of question marks at the beginning of the year. There aren't many question marks looking ahead. They should be able to fill the holes they have. We'll see how Shep does in the post-Bagent era.

Comment

Quitting in a game like this doesn't allow me to say it was still a great season.

It was okay...better than last year for sure. Nobody blocked a punt to win against us. So that was a start.

But playing like a dog in heat and putting your ass up in the air to take a pounding like they did today....not acceptable.
                  That's fair....

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It happens. They are asking the same things at USC, TCU, and Grand Valley State. The score obviously doesn't reflect the difference between the teams. In fact, if they played a rubber match I would still put my money on IUP. Things just sort of snowballed in that game to the point of being out of reach. Once Shepherd got that momentum they took over.

The long pass before Shep's first TD was almost a sack in the backfield. That gave Shep life because until that point IUP was in control. I will say that in the first game IUP had both pressure on Bagent and good coverage, but they lacked the good coverage part this time. IUP had a lot of dropped passes. I recall the punt into the wind that set up Shep's 2nd TD. I didn't see Houser's fumble at the beginning of the 3rd quarter but that obviously was the icing on the cake.

It is what it is. There were a lot of question marks at the beginning of the year. There aren't many question marks looking ahead. They should be able to fill the holes they have. We'll see how Shep does in the post-Bagent era.
                    His lil brother coming in, lol…

Comment

• Originally posted by RamPride View Post

You better hope he’s not Roger Clinton.

Comment

• Originally posted by RamPride View Post

Good luck next week. I'll be rooting for you.

Comment

I'll be the first to say it....

It's officially basketball season in Indiana!

Go Joe...bring it home this year!
                          It's always basketball season.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Good luck next week. I'll be rooting for you.
                            Gonna need it. 1476 miles…probably to much to overcome…

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                              Interesting to see Shep fans in the IUP thread arguing with each other. I hope we’re not rubbing off on y’all.

It’s still a few days from Saturday so the forecast can change. One thing I do expect is for the Rams to at least attempt to run way more than in game one. That said, if you watch the game back you’ll see the real issue is the Shep O-line couldn’t get a push and as I mentioned after that game, that’s not something you fix in a few weeks time. It’s all about Johnny and Jimmy in the trenches and both lines of scrimmage were controlled by IUP. The combination of that, plus falling behind, is why the ball was in the air so much.

I do believe IUP will have an advantage in bad weather, plus, Brown is back and will be at or at least close to 100%. Based on how he caught the ball in the downpour against Slippery Rock, it doesn’t seem like the weather impacts him. Sexton also seems to throw the ball well in the rain.
                              Rams OL just needed opportunity. That first game was just a bad game and they didn’t play well, but more importantly they didn’t get a chance to show what they could do.

I think this new rivalry is going to have a lot of end of the season meetings in the near future. Rams are going to return possibly upwards of 15/16 starters and IUP has a bunch back as well. Hopefully, both programs can push each other to get over the jump nationally and do some damage there as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Rams OL just needed opportunity. That first game was just a bad game and they didn’t play well, but more importantly they didn’t get a chance to show what they could do.

I think this new rivalry is going to have a lot of end of the season meetings in the near future. Rams are going to return possibly upwards of 15/16 starters and IUP has a bunch back as well. Hopefully, both programs can push each other to get over the jump nationally and do some damage there as well.
                                I do think the Shep coaching staff panicked a bit in the first matchup and got trigger happy. In fairness to them though, IUP did jump out big early and that changes the dynamic. This game was starting out to be a carbon copy of the first until inexplicably IUP’s secondary broke down and left a guy uncovered. I believe that was third and long, too. If IUP gets another stop and the ball back with the wind and momentum, who knows what happens next. It was a 7-7 game instead, and that allowed Shep to stick with a balanced plan. Next thing you know IUP has the wind in their face, then there’s a bad punt and pretty much from there the wheels came off. On the first three Shep touchdowns, there weren’t defenders within 10 yards of the receivers. It’s hard to say if that’s coaching or mental breakdowns by the players.

What’s bothering IUP fans isn’t the loss, it’s how it happened. Shepherd may be the better team, but they’re not 48-13 better. IUP’s lack of resolve and mental toughness in the biggest game of the season is what’s troubling. Even if IUP goes into halftime down 14-7, it’s a different mentality. The fumble to start the third quarter was the end of it, and IUP totally gave up at that point. It’s hard to say where that comes from but as someone else pointed out, it’s not exclusive to IUP. If you saw the USC game the other night pretty much the same thing happened. Even last year in the playoffs you had to be asking yourself is Ferris State 48 points better? Of course they weren’t.

Good luck the rest of the way. I’m sure this wasn’t the last big time game between our two schools so we’ll be back here to discuss it again, LOL.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X