Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Now you say this tea, overachieved? What a joke you are. All year you've yacked that this team is the best in the region. blah blah blah.
    They were only second best.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Bagent gets all the accolades for his ridiculous throwing stats, but I’m equally impressed with his instincts in the pocket and how he moves around. He’s not a big runner, but he can if necessary. He almost never loses yards, which is huge. A lot of lesser quarterbacks end up in 2nd and 12 or 3rd and 11, but even when pressured Bagent will put the team in 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 5, and that’s a big difference. He’s big and strong, and moves really well. That’s why he has a good chance to earn a paycheck next fall. He truly has it all.

On the play in question, a lot of lesser quarterbacks would have been sacked or tried to run for it. Bagent bought some time, kept his eyes downfield, and delivered a strike. The only question was whether or not the kid was going to hold on. You’re going to win a lot of games when you have a player like that.
      He bought some time with his feet on that play. An inexperienced quarterback might not have done it. That said, the comment was that it was a "great pass." It actually was a very easy one for Bagent, as were a couple of other TD passes Saturday. He very obviously is the best quarterback in our region, maybe in the country, and has the stats to prove it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

He bought some time with his feet on that play. An inexperienced quarterback might not have done it. That said, the comment was that it was a "great pass." It actually was a very easy one for Bagent, as were a couple of other TD passes Saturday. He very obviously is the best quarterback in our region, maybe in the country, and has the stats to prove it.
        His mobility in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield was the backbreaker for the IUP defense last Saturday. I've been very impressed at how well he feels pressure in the pocket, and he's going to need it big time this week as I believe Mines leads the country in sacks with 61 on the season.

Comment

• From the Detroit Free Press:

"The NCAA is investigating a physical altercation (including a helmet swing) involving multiple players and staffers from both teams in the moments after Ferris State's victory over rival Grand Valley State in a Division II football semifinal game at Lubbers Stadium in Allendale on Saturday afternoon."

Comment

• We'll see if the NCAA has any backbone because certainly some players should be suspended after that GVSU/FSU ordeal.

I wouldn't be surprised. The NCAA got a real black eye after the Michigan State fiasco.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              We'll see if the NCAA has any backbone because certainly some players should be suspended after that GVSU/FSU ordeal.

I wouldn't be surprised. The NCAA got a real black eye after the Michigan State fiasco.
              They cut the feed to the IUP/Shepherd ending as both teams seemed to be jawing and getting a little close at the end. Hopefully, nothing serious happened and both were separated without any punches thrown.

Comment

From the Detroit Free Press:

"The NCAA is investigating a physical altercation (including a helmet swing) involving multiple players and staffers from both teams in the moments after Ferris State's victory over rival Grand Valley State in a Division II football semifinal game at Lubbers Stadium in Allendale on Saturday afternoon."
                Lots of mouthing off this past weekend in these rematches…from winning teams that are supposedly so moral and wholesome and never do anything wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

His mobility in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield was the backbreaker for the IUP defense last Saturday. I've been very impressed at how well he feels pressure in the pocket, and he's going to need it big time this week as I believe Mines leads the country in sacks with 61 on the season.

The thing you have to realize is he's a legit D1 QB who is going to get drafted perhaps as high as Round 3 (per some publications). He's the big fish in a small town here in D2 -- and the type of QB that SR1 will see about once every 50 years. I wouldn't doubt if the Steelers draft him this year. I've heard they've been down there several times. They'd look like fools taking a QB in the first round again this year, so I think they are looking for somebody like him in that mid-round range.

Shepherd's OL is good enough that it keeps the majority of SR1 heat off of him. What little heat does come, he's superb at avoiding. We'll see how it translates up levels but he's at least now done terrorizing SR1 defenses.

The big difference once our top QBs leave SR1, however, has been said 'avoiding' gets a whole lot harder. The defenses at Ferris State are just on a whole different level than SR1. When Roland Rivers had that Harlon Hill year, all his 'Houdini' stuff evaporated when they got blown out at home. In SR1 nobody could get near him, and, when they did, they couldn't tackle him. That ended real fast in the Final Four.

Bagent is obviously why I said in dry conditions IUP would lose 9 of 10 games to the Rams this year -- perhaps all 10. I know the Tort fanatics don't want to hear that, but it's reality. The good news for IUP is they don't have to ever play him again.

Comment

They cut the feed to the IUP/Shepherd ending as both teams seemed to be jawing and getting a little close at the end. Hopefully, nothing serious happened and both were separated without any punches thrown.
                    Be thankful they cut the feed. The worst thing in the world for you guys would be going out to Colorado and leaving some dudes back in WV under suspension for something so stupid. Now, obviously, footage exists. They just stopped the broadcast. But, it didn't escalate to helmet swinging like the other one. If the NCAA wants to play tough guy, they'd probably suspend (at minimum) a player from each side to send a message.

Comment

I saw the main player for Shepherd who kept that going. I'll just say that sometimes freshman reserves need to shut up.
                      Last edited by Ram Tough; 12-05-2022, 08:10 AM.

Comment

The thing you have to realize is he's a legit D1 QB who is going to get drafted perhaps as high as Round 3 (per some publications). He's the big fish in a small town here in D2 -- and the type of QB that SR1 will see about once every 50 years. I wouldn't doubt if the Steelers draft him this year. I've heard they've been down there several times. They'd look like fools taking a QB in the first round again this year, so I think they are looking for somebody like him in that mid-round range.

Shepherd's OL is good enough that it keeps the majority of SR1 heat off of him. What little heat does come, he's superb at avoiding. We'll see how it translates up levels but he's at least now done terrorizing SR1 defenses.

The big difference once our top QBs leave SR1, however, has been said 'avoiding' gets a whole lot harder. The defenses at Ferris State are just on a whole different level than SR1. When Roland Rivers had that Harlon Hill year, all his 'Houdini' stuff evaporated when they got blown out at home. In SR1 nobody could get near him, and, when they did, they couldn't tackle him. That ended real fast in the Final Four.

Bagent is obviously why I said in dry conditions IUP would lose 9 of 10 games to the Rams this year -- perhaps all 10. I know the Tort fanatics don't want to hear that, but it's reality. The good news for IUP is they don't have to ever play him again.
                        The younger brother is now going there. I’m hoping he’s the Roger Clinton version.

Comment

• It's Portal Monday in Indiana. Word around town is there will be a couple defections but nothing of alarm.

Due to season-ending injuries, some of IUP's top 2023 needed replacements are already here (having missed most of this year).

Their best defensive overall player, Tyrone Fowler, returns. He was lost for the season early in the Slippery Rock game.

Derek Lockhart returns at WR. He would have been the No. 2 guy this year. He was lost in the first half of Game 1. He will pair with Hilton Ridley next year for a very solid 1-2 punch.

Logan Danielson, the extremely hyped up DL from Thomas Jefferson (Class of 2019) is set to finally make his IUP debut in 2023. He's a monster by all reports, but he has to get on the field (finally).

Dayjure Stewart is set to return at RB after having missed the last two games.

One big piece who can return, non-injury or eligibility related, is center Collin Pietropola. It sounds up in the air if he will stay for another season but I'd guess he will decide to come back.

Tort certainly has some shopping to do -- likely very quickly. He prefers mid-year transfers who can go through the Spring here. The Portal is absolutely flooded at the moment. But, overall, he has an awful lot coming back.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The younger brother is now going there. I’m hoping he’s the Roger Clinton version.
                            Hoping he ends up at Shepherd, but I don't think that decision is final yet from Ezra Bagent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I saw the main player for Shepherd who kept that going. I'll just say that sometimes freshman reserves need to shut up.
                              Just a guess ... but my money would be on No. 20?

He acted like a fool after the first game.

Comment

Hoping he ends up at Shepherd, but I don't think that decision is final yet from Ezra Bagent.
                                Lot to live up to. You think he may take his own path? Is he supposed to be similar to his brother?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X