Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Welcome to the first edition of Buying or Selling.

Today's item: the secondary

No group got more scrutiny this year (and last). They had some terrific games this year. They had some horrific games this year, too.

The pros:

* Still very young. This year was a true freshman, several true sophomores, and, board favorite (No. 11) Taylor (a junior).

* Very experienced group heading in to 2023

* Very athletic and fast

* Tort thinks very highly of this group

The cons:

* Remeber that game in Erie?

* Remember the game 72 hours ago?

* Lots of blown coverages this year -- especially early.

* Some killer (stupid) personal fouls at extremely bad times ... happened a lot, actually.

* Good QBs in dry conditions shredded them this year (ESU, Gannon, Shepherd Rd2).

The top 9 DBs return in 2023. That's a lot. But, is this a group that needs some upgrade this off-season, or, are you comfortable with a year older version in 2023 (when the league will have a lot less big time QBs)?

Secondary. Are you buying or selling what the CO-OP shirt slinger is selling?
    I think having a shut down secondary at this level is more a luxury than a reality. You shut down passing more by getting to the QB’s….

Comment

No group got more scrutiny this year (and last). They had some terrific games this year. They had some horrific games this year, too.

The pros:

* Still very young. This year was a true freshman, several true sophomores, and, board favorite (No. 11) Taylor (a junior).

* Very athletic and fast

The cons:

* Some killer (stupid) personal fouls at extremely bad times ... happened a lot, actually.

* Good QBs in dry conditions shredded them this year (ESU, Gannon, Shepherd Rd2).

The top 9 DBs return in 2023. That's a lot. But, is this a group that needs some upgrade this off-season, or, are you comfortable with a year older version in 2023 (when the league will have a lot less big time QBs)?

I think this group is fine as is, but I’ll caution and say they won’t be as good if the holes aren’t filled on the D-Line. A secondary can look better than it is when there’s pressure on the QB, and I think we saw some of that this season. That said, this will be a very experienced group next year with no shortage of talent.

Regarding Taylor, he can be a great player if he just focuses on playing football and doesn’t get caught up in the other nonsense. In my opinion, it was a wash this year in terms of his positive contributions versus negative. That’s not good enough for someone with his talent. He needs to learn it’s a “we” game and not a “me” game. If he can mature and do that the entire group will be better. If he can’t, I’d rather not see him out there.

Comment

The pros:

* Very athletic and fast

The cons:

The secondary is fine numbers wise, one more transfer corner in order to move Taylor to Safety is there wish list.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So he doesn’t know how to win with class. Duly noted.

What goes around will eventually come around and hopefully you Swifties will take what you dish out.
          Well said Nation, I got more respect for a guy that chirps all the time than one who talks smack only when he up…#30 SU great player no doubt but very unlikeable that’s for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Sounds a lot like Trevor and Cody Harris, two Edinboro QBs from a decade ago or more.
            Last edited by Boro33; 12-08-2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Well said Nation, I got more respect for a guy that chirps all the time than one who talks smack only when he up…#30 SU great player no doubt but very unlikeable that’s for sure.
              Lol cuz he’s not on your team. All good, it’s an emotional game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Lol cuz he’s not on your team. All good, it’s an emotional game.
                When you lead the nation in all-purpose yards, I'll put up with a little chirping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

When you lead the nation in all-purpose yards, I'll put up with a little chirping.
                  Not if it’s an IUP player, you will be OUTRAGED and will want revenge!

:-)

Comment

• [QUOTE=IUPNation;n726754]

Not if it’s an IUP player, you will be OUTRAGED and will want revenge!

:-)[/
                    We talkin about our Brown or the IUP Brown ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RamPride View Post
                      We talkin about our Brown or the IUP Brown ?
                      Yours. Our players cannot chirp at all or you all will write revenge songs.

Apparently your program is fueled by revenge every season.

Comment

It's good to have a chip on your shoulder. Complacency is no bueno.

Comment

You can monitor our Browns behavior on ESPN+ at 3:30…this Saturday…

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

The secondary is fine numbers wise, one more transfer corner in order to move Taylor to Safety is there wish list.
                            Well, I know they are fine numbers-wise. Question is do they like all these guys moving in to 2023?

If they do add a stud CB and move Taylor to Safety, who is getting bumped?

I agree with you ... I think Taylor (No. 11 for those curious) would be a great Safety.

Comment

• If you get 2,700 all-purpose yards, I'll put up with a little chirping. When you have 27 yards, then I have a big problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by RamPride View Post

You can monitor our Browns behavior on ESPN+ at 3:30…this Saturday…
                                I just monitored your trash talking after the State Game....couldn't find one.

You Swifties are front running frauds that is for sure.
                                Last edited by IUPNation; 12-07-2022, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X