Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hard to pick up and move after being there 20 plus years for a parallel move.
    …and then you have to live in Ohio.

Comment

• Are IUP’s concepts stale on either side of the ball?

Comment

Are IUP’s concepts stale on either side of the ball?
        Lol

What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Lol

What do you think?
          Lol

Comment

Lol

What do you think?
            Just curious. How would you guys rate the job of the new OC, Larry Wilson, this year? OC is arguably the toughest job on the coaching staff when it comes to scrutiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

…and then you have to live in Ohio.
              I lived in Ohio for several years and you might be surprised to know that the state has it’s act together in many ways Pennsylvania doesn’t. The worst part was living among the most obnoxious college football fan base in the country. If it wasn’t for family, we probably wouldn’t have moved back. I have to say it was a good experience there.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I lived in Ohio for several years and you might be surprised to know that the state has it’s act together in many ways Pennsylvania doesn’t. The worst part was living among the most obnoxious college football fan base in the country. If it wasn’t for family, we probably wouldn’t have moved back. I have to say it was a good experience there.
                I’ll take Southeastern PA over Ohio every day. Not even close.

Any state gubmint is better than the insanity in Harrisburg. But that is what happens when rural areas call the shots…

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Columbus, for example, is an awesome city. As you said, however, you better enjoy a permanent IV of Buckeye juice running through your body 24/7/365.

Comment

• Yes, but the conversation is about Ashland. Ashland touts itself as being 60 miles from Cleveland and 90 miles from Columbus (or vice-versa). That translates to being "in the middle of nowhere." I agree with Nation as far as Central Ohio and SE PA are completely different culturally.

I'm not putting that part of the country down. It's just geography. It's interesting, though, that we are talking about Ashland football as a result of the isolation of that area/community. A main driver of the Ashland funding is the lack of entertainment options in that area. It gives that area something.

Comment

• If men's basketball wins today it should be ranked No. 1 in tomorrow's Top 25.

Comment

• The RB from Plum we discussed on here after the IHS game now has PWO offers from Pitt and PSU (and several actual FCS offers).

So, I guess that IUP dream is squashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          Yes, but the conversation is about Ashland. Ashland touts itself as being 60 miles from Cleveland and 90 miles from Columbus (or vice-versa). That translates to being "in the middle of nowhere." I agree with Nation as far as Central Ohio and SE PA are completely different culturally.

I'm not putting that part of the country down. It's just geography. It's interesting, though, that we are talking about Ashland football as a result of the isolation of that area/community. A main driver of the Ashland funding is the lack of entertainment options in that area. It gives that area something.
                          It’s a nice area, but I haven’t lived near Ashland, which certainly isn’t Columbus. I’d be interested in what the difference in paychecks would be between IUP and Ashland. In my view Ashland is better positioned to compete nationally than IUP, and the atmosphere is just better. Going to a game in Ashland feels like going to a college football game, whereas watching a game in The Mill, even the bigger games, feels like a mid-level WPIAL game.

Let’s say Tort did talk to them about the job. It’s not as far-fetched as you might think. I believe his youngest, Michael, is a junior and realistically could finish his high school years in Indiana. Still not likely, but not impossible either if the dollars are right.

Comment

The RB from Plum we discussed on here after the IHS game now has PWO offers from Pitt and PSU (and several actual FCS offers).

Wow, good for him. I was thinking FCS, but I’m happy to be wrong.

Comment

The RB from Plum we discussed on here after the IHS game now has PWO offers from Pitt and PSU (and several actual FCS offers).

I knew that was going to happen.

Comment

I knew that was going to happen.
                                He’s not going to fall to IUP but let’s see where he ultimately lands. Right now Rivals has him listed as having no offers, but there’s interest from Pitt and Penn State. The Pitt and Penn State offers according to the kid’s Twitter account are as a preferred walk-on. That’s a tough pile to rise from to get playing time, let alone play a significant role. We don’t know what his academic interest are and that will likely come into play too. It may be that a solid FCS program, i.e. Youngstown State, is his best option where he could maybe get money right away.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X