Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Even Max Redfield had baggage.
    That baggage is why he played at IUP but his baggage didn't affect anything in a negative way while he was at IUP.. If there is a match you take it. We need a monster OL. Just sayin'.

Comment

• The posters of our Week 1 opponent don't seem very thrilled with the OL coach being promoted to HC.

Comment

• The Worst Foosball Stadium in every state.

The Good News Is The Cig was not the one named for Pennsylvania.

However....Duquesne did win that honor. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The Worst Foosball Stadium in every state.

The Good News Is The Cig was not the one named for Pennsylvania.

However....Duquesne did win that honor. LOL
          Amazingly, yes, Duquesne's stadium is (likely) worse than Miller.

Comment

I guess we'll need to know more. If it's a P5 walk-on, that's one thing. It tells me he probably should have been down a level anyway. SRU took some big bodies from Pitt in the past several years who were really just D2 guys all along.

If it's a P5 scholarship player with monstrous size ... I'd again ask ... what's wrong with him? Not many want to leave the luxuries and allure of P5 football to play in the bus leagues. That's like going from the Yankees to the Altoona Curve (by choice). I know IUP is a good program and a decent school. But, P5 to D2 is quite the jump. It wasn't in the 90s. It is today.

Perfect example is the 7-footer in D2 basketball. There's always a reason they are in D2 basketball.

Even Max Redfield had baggage.
            Definitely was not a walk on. Big time player out of New York State during HS.

Comment

Amazingly, yes, Duquesne's stadium is (likely) worse than Miller.
              Rooney Field looks like a FBS-level school's soccer stadium.

Duquesne is smart with money. They know there's no point in upgrading the stadium because a) nobody really cares, b) not enough fans to invest in the home side, and c) only a few dozen fans from the away NEC teams are driving to Pittsburgh.

Comment

The posters of our Week 1 opponent don't seem very thrilled with the OL coach being promoted to HC.
                Heard it is a strange job, one year contracts for all coaches. This day and age that is a dangerous proposition. Piss off one distinguished alumni or say the wrong thing and u could be out just like that..just sayin.

Comment

• A big-time QB recruit was on campus tonight ... D2 to D2 transfer. He did the full show today and attended the basketball game tonight. Three years' eligibility.

Think of that what you may ... but, it 100% happened.

Comment

A big-time QB recruit was on campus tonight ... D2 to D2 transfer. He did the full show today and attended the basketball game tonight. Three years' eligibility.

Think of that what you may ... but, it 100% happened.

You need a good backup and successor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Heard it is a strange job, one year contracts for all coaches. This day and age that is a dangerous proposition. Piss off one distinguished alumni or say the wrong thing and u could be out just like that..just sayin.
                      All assistants at PASSHE schools are on one year contracts. Granted we don't have influencer alumni donors but you piss off the head coach or AD and you're emailing your resume to 100 coaches.

Comment

• So in a General Discussion thread, Kle from Grand Valley is claiming that the Popeye’s have been asking IUP for games for the last 10 years but we are turning them down because we are too scared to play them.

Anyone in the know on here heard this before? It’s never been mentioned that IUP has turned down GV and then not had an 11th game.

Comment

So in a General Discussion thread, Kle from Grand Valley is claiming that the Popeye’s have been asking IUP for games for the last 10 years but we are turning them down because we are too scared to play them.

Anyone in the know on here heard this before? It’s never been mentioned that IUP has turned down GV and then not had an 11th game.
                          I mean, its possible. IUP already had an opponent in 6 of the last 10 seasons, so its possible the dates offered didn't line up or CurtCig had a different strategy. But its also ego calling out a rival ego.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I mean, its possible. IUP already had an opponent in 6 of the last 10 seasons, so its possible the dates offered didn't line up or CurtCig had a different strategy. But its also ego calling out a rival ego.
                            I just think this would have been talked about on this forum. There are a few IUP fans that seem to be in the know who are local...this surely would have been brought up.

I mean I'm sure cost of IUP traveling wasn't an issue...GV would have just sent their private jets to pick up IUP and take them to Gerald Ford International. :-)

Comment

So in a General Discussion thread, Kle from Grand Valley is claiming that the Popeye’s have been asking IUP for games for the last 10 years but we are turning them down because we are too scared to play them.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Not once did I hear anyone talk about GV trying to schedule IUP. Now there were other schools that tried and IUP turned down but they were turned down for other reasons. Most were sub .500 teams or close to it. Ashland is the only "real" competition that I've heard were in contact with IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Not once did I hear anyone talk about GV trying to schedule IUP. Now there were other schools that tried and IUP turned down but they were turned down for other reasons. Most were sub .500 teams or close to it. Ashland is the only "real" competition that I've heard were in contact with IUP.
                                Thank you. I figured he was making up bull****.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X