Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Deal…we may sneak that QB you had on campus out front underneath you as well.
    They've seen Clarion right?

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They do play them back to back. Again. Go to future schedules and you'll see it
      Where are u peeping the 2024/2025 schedules?. Rock is only info on this I could find.

Comment

They do play them back to back. Again. Go to future schedules and you'll see it
        The Rock 24/25 indicate West opponents with a different order. In 24 Rock opens with Boro and 25 Cal. Tried to see if there was a pattern but it doesn’t look like it.

Comment

• The Home Office’s web site only has the 2023 schedule. No future schedules.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            The Home Office’s web site only has the 2023 schedule. No future schedules.
            Any help, SteveMurray ?

Comment

• Former Temple TE Marcus Day (6'4", 240 lbs) has signed with IUP. He will have 3 years' eligibility.

Edit: Day was a star QB and DB at Altoona High. He was then a PWO at Temple (and bulked up and changed to TE). He took a redshirt and then didn't play much this year.

So, hard to say what IUP is getting here. He's big and a very good athlete. That should translate well to D2.
              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-10-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Former Temple TE Marcus Day (6'4", 240 lbs) has signed with IUP. He will have 3 years' eligibility.

Edit: Day was a star QB and DB at Altoona High. He was then a PWO at Temple (and bulked up and changed to TE). He took a redshirt and then didn't play much this year.

So, hard to say what IUP is getting here. He's big and a very good athlete. That should translate well to D2.
                We seem to do well with transfers from Temple.

Comment

Former Temple TE Marcus Day (6'4", 240 lbs) has signed with IUP. He will have 3 years' eligibility.

According to his Twitter, his high school offers were PWO at Temple, PWO at Seton Hill, and Misercordia. What a strange collection of offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

According to his Twitter, his high school offers were PWO at Temple, PWO at Seton Hill, and Misercordia. What a strange collection of offers.
                    30 year old Stetson Bennett had his first two offers from Columbia and Middle Tennesseeastan State.

So if this kid hangs around for 10 season....u never know what will happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

He was a QB then, too, so hard to say. They obviously see upside.

Comment

• Former WVU LB Ethan Hiester (Upper St. Clair) has signed with IUP. He will have four years' eligibility.

He was a PWO in Morgantown.

Comment

They've seen Clarion right?

Heyyy come on now lol. When is the last time you’ve seen it through? You might find yourself really surprised with what they’ve done around campus the last 10 years. Memorial stadium is next!

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Heyyy come on now lol. When is the last time you’ve seen it through? You might find yourself really surprised with what they’ve done around campus the last 10 years. Memorial stadium is next!
                            Clarion did a phenomenal job on Tippin Gym.

Now, if only they could improve the product that plays there.

I'd say behind the KCAC, it's the second best venue in the West.

The Angelo Dome at Cal is more grand, of course, but I still can't get over 86 fans in a 6,000-seat arena.

Comment

Clarion did a phenomenal job on Tippin Gym.

Now, if only they could improve the product that plays there.

I'd say behind the KCAC, it's the second best venue in the West.

The Angelo Dome at Cal is more grand, of course, but I still can't get over 86 fans in a 6,000-seat arena.
                              IUP could blow it out of the park facilities wise if someone would just put me in charge and hand me 100-200 million dollars.

Besides a whole new stadium, new field and a video board 5 times the size we have now...the Fieldhouse would either be gutted and renovated or just knocked down and rebuilt with something state of the art to house the foosball offices and facilities plus be a backup for the KCAC in a time of need...and then knock down Zink and do the same. With that, a new Cig and the KCAC...we'd have quite a sports complex on the south end of campus.

Now go find somebody with some money...and then I can retire and take this job overseeing this transformative endeavor.

Comment

IUP could blow it out of the park facilities wise if someone would just put me in charge and hand me 100-200 million dollars.

Besides a whole new stadium, new field and a video board 5 times the size we have now...the Fieldhouse would either be gutted and renovated or just knocked down and rebuilt with something state of the art to house the foosball offices and facilities plus be a backup for the KCAC in a time of need...and then knock down Zink and do the same. With that, a new Cig and the KCAC...we'd have quite a sports complex on the south end of campus.

Now go find somebody with some money...and then I can retire and take this job overseeing this transformative endeavor.

The Field House is going to be tricky with its 'war memorial' status, etc. Let me rephrase: It would be tricky to ever tear it down. That said, yes, it could certainly use a massive update. It was a nice venue even in to the 90s, but, well, that was a long time ago.

Miller, overall, is such a mess I wouldn't even know where to start. As we always say, if renovation was the only option, obviously the entire home side is knocked down, redesigned and rebuilt. The ugly prison fencing needed to go 25 years ago. The concrete wall (highly visible) between Miller and MFH is nearing disrepair and is a major eye-soar.

Personally, I CANNOT STAND the current end zones. I'd call it the current configuration but there is just emptiness. I've mentioned to anybody who will listen putting bleachers behind both end zones. I'm not talking like 30 rows worth. Say a 10-row high set, full width of end zone, on both ends. Currently, the 'fad' by hundreds of people is to stand along the fences between the press box down to the concession stands. The view is terrible and it makes getting through their a headache. Putting those bleachers there closes in the field. It also hides all the track equipment they just let sit down there. My guess would be one of those ends would become the de facto student section. This is a quick-fix item that wouldn't cost a fortune. They can even be removed for Track season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X