Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Wayne Cavaldi's 'way too early Top 10' for 2023 states IUP will have a new QB.

I've now heard this rumor from several sources but nothing officially.

Is Sexton staying here or not?
    That's certainly a huge question. Either some people know something we don't or the experts believe he has exhausted his eligibility (which he hasn't).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      Can any of local Indiana residents remember the name of the family Dept store that was on the Northeast corner of 7th and Philadelphia. I’m trying to remember the name of it…I actually still own a sweater from there so it’s now vintage.
      Brody's

Comment

• Originally posted by goalieman View Post

Brody's
        I can't vouch for where Nation bought his sweater in the 80's, however, he could be thinking of Brody's. According to Bizapedia, Waxler's was located at 610 Philadelphia Street and Brody's was at 677-683 Philly Street. So, Brody's would be closer to the 7th and Philadelphia, as he recalls. Are any of these stores, including the 700 Club, still there?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I can't vouch for where Nation bought his sweater in the 80's, however, he could be thinking of Brody's. According to Bizapedia, Waxler's was located at 610 Philadelphia Street and Brody's was at 677-683 Philly Street. So, Brody's would be closer to the 7th and Philadelphia, as he recalls. Are any of these stores, including the 700 Club, still there?
          It was the store on the corner of 7th and Philadelphia caddy corner from the 700 Shop. Brody’s sounds more familiar to me.

Comment

I was born and raised in Indiana, Pa. and graduated from Indiana High School a long time ago ..... my family moved from Indiana while I was still away at graduate school in the mid-1970's ..... Brody's was definitely on the northeast corner of 7th and Philadelphia Streets and closed in January of 1988, so if Nation bought his sweater in that location prior to 1988, then he bought it at Brody's, after 1988 I'm not sure what was in that location ...... Waxler's was between 6th and 7th Streets on Philadelphia Street close to 6th Street and on the opposite side of Philadelphia Street from Brody's (I think there was a bank, maybe First National at the time, on the southwest corner of 6th and Philly and Waxler's may have been the next store up from the bank .... Waxler's closed in 1984) ....... my siblings and I went to high school with some of the Brody kids and Waxler's daughter and we were in both stores many times ...... I don't know anything about the 700 Club.
            Last edited by goalieman; 01-21-2023, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalieman View Post

I was born and raised in Indiana, Pa. and graduated from Indiana High School a long time ago ..... my family moved from Indiana while I was in a graduate school program (not at IUP) in the mid-1970's ..... Brody's was definitely on the northeast corner of 7th and Philadelphia Streets and closed in January of 1988, so if Nation bought his sweater in that location prior to 1988, then he bought it at Brody's, after 1988 I'm not sure what was in that location ...... Waxler's was between 6th and 7th Streets on Philadelphia Street close to 6th Street and on the opposite side of Philadelphia Street from Brody's (I think there was a bank, maybe First National at the time, on the southwest corner of 6th and Philly and Waxler's may have been the next store up from the bank .... Waxler's closed in 1984) ....... my siblings and I went to high school with some of the Brody kids and Waxler's daughter and we were in both stores many times ...... I don't know anything about the 700 Club.
              Then it was Brody’s. I don’t remember it closing as I graduated in May 1988. They had nice merchandise. It wasn’t low brow at all. I was a fashionista in those days so I never wore crap. The 700 Shop had nice clothes as well..both stores had nicer merchandise than the stores at the mall outside of The Bon Ton.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Then it was Brody’s. I don’t remember it closing as I graduated in May 1988. They had nice merchandise. It wasn’t low brow at all. I was a fashionista in those days so I never wore crap. The 700 Shop had nice clothes as well..both stores had nicer merchandise than the stores at the mall outside of The Bon Ton.
                Most likely Brody’s. It was a nice store. The 700 Shop is still there and it continues to do well. It’s one of few places in Indiana where you can get high quality clothing. The Finery also has some nice options. I don’t think the town could support another similar store. You get two miles out of Indiana and it’s camo and Nascar tee shirt land, which is a market Walmart serves well.

Comment

That's certainly a huge question. Either some people know something we don't or the experts believe he has exhausted his eligibility (which he hasn't).
                  It's a bit odd because I've heard that now from several different people. Then it showing up in an actual article gives the rumor a bit more street cred. I sure hope it isn't true and he is staying.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's a bit odd because I've heard that now from several different people. Then it showing up in an actual article gives the rumor a bit more street cred. I sure hope it isn't true and he is staying.
                    Maybe he wants more NIL money. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Maybe he wants more NIL money. Lol
                      Tell the Co-Op to pony up!!!

Comment

• Tort just got a big commitment from a DB from Carlisle.

IUP beat out Saint Francis, SRU, Cal and the Walk-Ons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Tell the Co-Op to pony up!!!
                          Lol

Comment

• Would love some thoughts on this: I keep seeing folks on Twitter (take that for what it’s worth) that the CalU Triad School is getting some big time commitments (I.e., Keyshawn Morsillo, Sincere Smith, Bobbie Boyd Jr., Naquan Crowder, etc.). I haven’t seen too many on the IUP end, but thinking we’ll see more as we get closer to signing day. The question is, IUP Nation, how do we feel about this?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
                              Would love some thoughts on this: I keep seeing folks on Twitter (take that for what it’s worth) that the CalU Triad School is getting some big time commitments (I.e., Keyshawn Morsillo, Sincere Smith, Bobbie Boyd Jr., Naquan Crowder, etc.). I haven’t seen too many on the IUP end, but thinking we’ll see more as we get closer to signing day. The question is, IUP Nation, how do we feel about this?
                              I have to agree to an extent. Looks like Cal and IUP are head and shoulders above everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I have to agree to an extent. Looks like Cal and IUP are head and shoulders above everyone else.
                                So the two schools in the West with the most scholarship money are getting the better recruits. Not a surprise.

What is a surprise is that Edinboro and Clarion haven’t demanded a cut of Mon Valleys money. I just don’t know how a triad can work with funding so lopsided.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X