Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That's certainly a huge question. Either some people know something we don't or the experts believe he has exhausted his eligibility (which he hasn't).
    Posters here and the "media" generally have no idea on returning players. I imagine the mistake is because Sexton was listed on the roster as a Grad student and people just assume he's used all of his eligibility. Throw in the COVID bonus year and it only adds to the confusion. Let's talk about 3rd year Freshman and people's mind will explode :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

Posters here and the "media" generally have no idea on returning players. I imagine the mistake is because Sexton was listed on the roster as a Grad student and people just assume he's used all of his eligibility. Throw in the COVID bonus year and it only adds to the confusion. Let's talk about 3rd year Freshman and people's mind will explode :)
      Yeah. It's confusing AF. Juniors who already have degrees. Freshmen who are in their third year, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

By 'here' you are referring to the IUP thread. This thread is a bit different than most on this site. There's a lot of inside information shared here -- long before it ever goes public (granted, a lot of bul!****, too). Wayne Cavaldi was the 'media member' I mentioned. That's not Johnny Intern being forced to write a paragraph about some remote D2 school. He's probably the most-prolific national D2 media member (if such a thing exists). So, I have to assume he's fairly in the know.

It could be as simple as he made a mistake. The transfer portal, while not public, might as well be. Nothing stays a secret on there very long. My opinion would be if Sexton was leaving, he'd already be long gone. But, again, this rumor just won't seem to die in local circles (from some actually in the know). My other assumption would be that if it was true, IUP would have already signed another transfer QB. Sexton will have a mountain of offensive weapons next Fall. Unless he's retiring, a transfer would be shocking.

Comment

• Keyshawn McCaskill committed. His brother and Dad both played at IUP.

He's from Bishop Canevin.

Comment

• As mentioned earlier, Ezeekai Thomas, All-State DB from Carlisle High School has also committed. His suitors included Saint Francis, Cal, Slippery Rock, West Chester, Edinboro, Clarion, and Shippensburg. There were others in the mix as well but that’s the list of note.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Tort just got a big commitment from a DB from Carlisle.

IUP beat out Saint Francis, SRU, Cal and the Walk-Ons.
              Rumor has it kid is a big time player, IUP does really well in the Eastern half of the state…just sayin.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
                Would love some thoughts on this: I keep seeing folks on Twitter (take that for what it’s worth) that the CalU Triad School is getting some big time commitments (I.e., Keyshawn Morsillo, Sincere Smith, Bobbie Boyd Jr., Naquan Crowder, etc.). I haven’t seen too many on the IUP end, but thinking we’ll see more as we get closer to signing day. The question is, IUP Nation, how do we feel about this?
                Western half of the state way down team and talent wise..the shift to east is where IUP has made it’s hay recently…The Boyd kid is really small and the 2 city league kids are athletes without a true position. OL from Quips third best on his own team…just sayin

Comment

• IUP offered another high school QB today.

One committed last week.

Comment

• Sexton isn’t coming back? Cavaldi put this up and said you guys are breaking in a new qb again. Is that for real? Sorry if I missed the discussion on this already.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...er-10-rankings

Comment

• IUP signed Daric Cotman, a 6’2” 292 lb. offensive lineman from Virginia Wise. He’s from Richmond, VA and had several other offerers including McNeese State, Cal, Valdosta State, Benedict, Mississippi Valley State, Wheeling, Allen, Fayetteville State, Virginia Union, Concord, and a few more. I believe he has one year of eligibility remaining but he will plug a hole on the offensive line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                        Sexton isn’t coming back? Cavaldi put this up and said you guys are breaking in a new qb again. Is that for real? Sorry if I missed the discussion on this already.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...er-10-rankings
                        Yes, you missed it.

That has been rumored but that's it.

My theory is if he was going ... he'd have been long gone by now. He is not in the portal.

Popular theory seems to be due to the way Sexton was listed on the IUP roster it appeared he was done with eligibility. That isn't the case. He has a year remaining. If one was quickly browsing rosters ... that's likely how the mistake was made in that article.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                          IUP signed Daric Cotman, a 6’2” 292 lb. offensive lineman from Virginia Wise. He’s from Richmond, VA and had several other offerers including McNeese State, Cal, Valdosta State, Benedict, Mississippi Valley State, Wheeling, Allen, Fayetteville State, Virginia Union, Concord, and a few more. I believe he has one year of eligibility remaining but he will plug a hole on the offensive line.

He's a great signing. They've been chasing him since November. They beat out a lot of good programs for his services.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                            As mentioned earlier, Ezeekai Thomas, All-State DB from Carlisle High School has also committed. His suitors included Saint Francis, Cal, Slippery Rock, West Chester, Edinboro, Clarion, and Shippensburg. There were others in the mix as well but that’s the list of note.
                            Tough loss for Mac. That's right in Ship's back yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yes, you missed it.

That has been rumored but that's it.

My theory is if he was going ... he'd have been long gone by now. He is not in the portal.

Popular theory seems to be due to the way Sexton was listed on the IUP roster it appeared he was done with eligibility. That isn't the case. He has a year remaining. If one was quickly browsing rosters ... that's likely how the mistake was made in that article.
                              Is it the semester thing you think?

Comment

• Tweeted by WPIAL TODAY

IUP waits until every other program sends an offer then 2-3 nights before signing day they always come swooping in stealing everyones golden goose they have been doing it forever.. it works tho

Made me laugh. It is true. Just remember all these verbals we keep seeing don't mean a thing until pen hits paper.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X