Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By all reports, things were looking promising on the Karst Hunter recruitment.

Yesterday, however, South Dakota offered him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      By all reports, things were looking promising on the Karst Hunter recruitment.

Thoughts & prayers.

Comment

But then he has to spend time in South Dakotastan.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

But then he has to spend time in South Dakotastan.
          Yes. South Dakota IS NOT South Dakota State. Even then you’d still have to live in South Dakota.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Yes. South Dakota IS NOT South Dakota State. Even then you’d still have to live in South Dakota.
            I’m sure it’s nice for a few weeks in June.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I believe he is from South Dakota so there u go.

Comment

What is the state of your FCS or D1 program when offer a D2 QB. Just sayin I find it troublesome with 63 scholarship’s you have to bring in a D2 guy. They must really be a bad team or can’t recruit quarterbacks or bring one in from the D1 portal. Interesting and red flags all around.

Comment

Research shows SD 3-8 with a 0-6 road record…He would be nutz to join that bottom feeder because that league ain’t the Pioneer , Big South or NEC. That league is like the PSAC same top teams every year with minimal noise from the bottom half of league…just sayin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Research shows SD 3-8 with a 0-6 road record…He would be nutz to join that bottom feeder because that league ain’t the Pioneer , Big South or NEC. That league is like the PSAC same top teams every year with minimal noise from the bottom half of league…just sayin.
                    So you think he'd be wise to turn down an FCS full ride to come to IUP instead? Can't say I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

So you think he'd be wise to turn down an FCS full ride to come to IUP instead? Can't say I agree.
                      He'd be on full ride here, too, but I get your point.

Same reason top PSAC schools lose recruits yearly to dumpster fires like Robert Morris.

You would think he'd have more competition to start at the FCS level. I'm sure the D2's after him have all but guaranteed him the job (regardless of what they babble about in the media).

I'd love to snag him but he's far from the only fish in the sea.

Obviously a hot topic. Tort has big weapons back and also just added two monster OL transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

For the last few QB transfers, IUP tied it in with the MBA program. There are more considerations than just on the field.

I guess we all await his decision.

Comment

He'd be on full ride here, too, but I get your point.

Same reason top PSAC schools lose recruits yearly to dumpster fires like Robert Morris.

You would think he'd have more competition to start at the FCS level. I'm sure the D2's after him have all but guaranteed him the job (regardless of what they babble about in the media).

I'd love to snag him but he's far from the only fish in the sea.

Obviously a hot topic. Tort has big weapons back and also just added two monster OL transfers.
                          Who are the OL transfers?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Who are the OL transfers?
                            Virginia-Wise and Syracuse. Names slip me.

Kid from Syracuse was a former 4-star. He's 6'7" and about 335 lbs. Why is he here ... Don't know. But, he's signed. He was a mid-year transfer and will participate in Spring Ball.

Virginia-Wise transfer has played a lot of D2 ball and made all-conference. IUP beat out some big D2 programs for him. He will join the team for Fall Camp as he had limited semesters (1) remaining.
                            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-21-2023, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Kid from Syracuse was a former 4-star. He's 6'7" and about 335 lbs. Why is he here ... Don't know. But, he's signed. He was a mid-year transfer and will participate in Spring Ball.

Virginia-Wise transfer has played a lot of D2 ball and made all-conference. IUP beat out some big D2 programs for him. He will join the team for Fall Camp as he had limited semesters (1) remaining.
                              Syracuse guy sounds like a mystery. He's a freaking mountain of a man. But why does a 4-star recruit never play a down at Syracuse? Looks like he redshirted, sat, then missed all of 2020 with an injury, entered the portal in 2021. But landed nowhere else?

Comment

Interestingly if he starts, we would have two 6'7" OL's.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X