Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Interestingly if he starts, we would have two 6'7" OL's.

The other big target not getting much buzz is the RB from West Florida. He's a legit burner and was playing there a lot before getting injured last year. He's from Ohio and started out at (I think) Kent State. He's also yet to announce.

With Dayjure Stewart likely missing the first couple games they'll need some depth there.

IUP opens with three at home but they aren't easy games (Ashland, ESU and Shippensburg).

Comment

Interestingly if he starts, we would have two 6'7" OL's.
      Who was the like 6-9 lineman IUP had 15-20 years ago that dominated? I think he was a Pitt transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Who was the like 6-9 lineman IUP had 15-20 years ago that dominated? I think he was a Pitt transfer.
        Jason Capizzi

https://www.tribdem.com/sports/natio...84083a76e.html

Comment

The King of Philadelphia Street

Comment

there was also Dan Matha - who became a pro wrestler - https://www.danmatha.com/about-copy

Comment

• Capizzi was it. Dude was 6 inches taller than everyone around him LOL. But he was very good. I think maybe was a UFA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Capizzi was it. Dude was 6 inches taller than everyone around him LOL. But he was very good. I think maybe was a UFA?
                He went through at least one camp with the Steelers. Not sure what happened to him after that point.

He was kind of one of the last renegade transfers to come in here ... the good old days lol.

Now guys like him leave one P5 and just go to the next. Without having to sit, there's little need to come down here to the bush leagues.

Comment

• IUP has offered former LIU DL Yodhe Desta (6'3", 295 lbs).

However, so has Cal, New Hampshire and Wagner.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    By all reports, things were looking promising on the Karst Hunter recruitment.

Yesterday, however, South Dakota offered him.
                    When I saw on twitter that Karst had been offered by USD, this dad make me suddenly wonder if he'd land in D2 like most assumed. Northern State (SD) is a few hours from Miller-SD..Karst's home town..and they will have a few wideouts that've been all-league before to make things easier on any new signal caller. West Texas also wants him badly..and they offer warm weather and the top D2 stadium to play home games at..but are a long distance from "home". IUP offers Karst a team that's typically in the playoffs and has won postseason games recently. I'd guess there are all things a young QB would be considering.

Keep in mind that Karst did play for South Dakota State (the Jacks) before Mesa and was highly regarded as an athlete, but likely would've been changing positions there as SDSU had a young stud QB (who just won a natty) and a lot of depth there..and USD plays in that same stacked conference. In a state that doesn't have FBS football, USD means something in South Dakota..and beat SDSU in 2021 in a 7-5 campaign.

What was discussed here about FCS (competing for the starting QB role) vs D2 (likely promised the job) is the big decision here. Karst would be a top athlete on virtually any D2 squad..but not all top squads have a need for a QB at this moment. It doesn't look like Karst is in a hurry to make a knee jerk kinda decision here..so this might play out for a bit yet as the courting process for a player like this is likely very flattering to the athlete. If he were to land at any of the D2 squads mentioned, he would make an immediate impact given his dual threat abilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

When I saw on twitter that Karst had been offered by USD, this dad make me suddenly wonder if he'd land in D2 like most assumed. Northern State (SD) is a few hours from Miller-SD..Karst's home town..and they will have a few wideouts that've been all-league before to make things easier on any new signal caller. West Texas also wants him badly..and they offer warm weather and the top D2 stadium to play home games at..but are a long distance from "home". IUP offers Karst a team that's typically in the playoffs and has won postseason games recently. I'd guess there are all things a young QB would be considering.

Keep in mind that Karst did play for South Dakota State (the Jacks) before Mesa and was highly regarded as an athlete, but likely would've been changing positions there as SDSU had a young stud QB (who just won a natty) and a lot of depth there..and USD plays in that same stacked conference. In a state that doesn't have FBS football, USD means something in South Dakota..and beat SDSU in 2021 in a 7-5 campaign.

What was discussed here about FCS (competing for the starting QB role) vs D2 (likely promised the job) is the big decision here. Karst would be a top athlete on virtually any D2 squad..but not all top squads have a need for a QB at this moment. It doesn't look like Karst is in a hurry to make a knee jerk kinda decision here..so this might play out for a bit yet as the courting process for a player like this is likely very flattering to the athlete. If he were to land at any of the D2 squads mentioned, he would make an immediate impact given his dual threat abilities.
                      He was here on a very lively weekend and attended the IUP vs Slippery Rock basketball game (that had nearly 4,000 in attendance). Indiana is a great college town and IUP doesn't have a D2 vibe to it (campus or town-wise).

I know they laid out the red carpet for him. Hopefully it worked.

Comment

He was here on a very lively weekend and attended the IUP vs Slippery Rock basketball game (that had nearly 4,000 in attendance). Indiana is a great college town and IUP doesn't have a D2 vibe to it (campus or town-wise).

I know they laid out the red carpet for him. Hopefully it worked.
                        If I were IUP I’d be moving on and not be held hostage waiting for a decision. Good for the kid wanting to take his time, but IUP has to keep things moving as well so once spring ball is over hopefully they’ll be ready to move forward with Plan B.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If I were IUP I’d be moving on and not be held hostage waiting for a decision. Good for the kid wanting to take his time, but IUP has to keep things moving as well so once spring ball is over hopefully they’ll be ready to move forward with Plan B.
                          They are. He's the name that leaked.

Comment

Virginia-Wise and Syracuse. Names slip me.

Kid from Syracuse was a former 4-star. He's 6'7" and about 335 lbs. Why is he here ... Don't know. But, he's signed. He was a mid-year transfer and will participate in Spring Ball.

Virginia-Wise transfer has played a lot of D2 ball and made all-conference. IUP beat out some big D2 programs for him. He will join the team for Fall Camp as he had limited semesters (1) remaining.
                            Could the Syracuse OL possibly be fomer York Suburban Garth Barclay ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Could the Syracuse OL possibly be fomer York Suburban Garth Barclay ?
                              His name is Qadir White.

Comment

The other big target not getting much buzz is the RB from West Florida. He's a legit burner and was playing there a lot before getting injured last year. He's from Ohio and started out at (I think) Kent State. He's also yet to announce.

With Dayjure Stewart likely missing the first couple games they'll need some depth there.

IUP opens with three at home but they aren't easy games (Ashland, ESU and Shippensburg).
                                Played as a true frosh at Bowling Green.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X