Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If I were IUP I’d be moving on and not be held hostage waiting for a decision. Good for the kid wanting to take his time, but IUP has to keep things moving as well so once spring ball is over hopefully they’ll be ready to move forward with Plan B.
    What’s the rush, new guy will not come until the summer. Don’t forget a fresh new batch of triggers will be in the May portal after there spring ball fate has been written…just sayin

Comment

• I'd really like to read Matt's article about IUP Football in the IG but I guess they've cracked down on access to the site and I'm not going to pay $10 a month to read 1 or 2 articles that interest me.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        I'd really like to read Matt's article about IUP Football in the IG but I guess they've cracked down on access to the site and I'm not going to pay $10 a month to read 1 or 2 articles that interest me.
        Ok, so I paid $1 for a day of the IG. Article below. I don't know if you can read it unless you already subscribe. Really no surprises if you've been following along. Both Stewart and Lockhart not participating in spring drills. It also says Chad Layton is penciled in at Center.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...e68358e93.html

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Ok, so I paid $1 for a day of the IG. Article below. I don't know if you can read it unless you already subscribe. Really no surprises if you've been following along. Both Stewart and Lockhart not participating in spring drills. It also says Chad Layton is penciled in at Center.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...e68358e93.html
          Lockhart is only 7 months out from the ACL so I doubt they'd medically clear him yet. When camp opens it will be 11 months. He should be good to go in August.

Comment

• Sounds like IUPatty's was (by its esteemed status) fairly mild.

No deaths were reported. A police horse was punched a couple times by a female. A 19-year-old male was pulled over for suspected DUI. He tried to flee and rammed a police car. There was a police response to a gunshot at a party on Wayne Ave but nobody was hit.

The former Copper Beach Apartments made the news again as a second story apartment floor collapsed during a party. Most news outlets are reporting (12) were injured (several of those were hospitalized).

All the normal stuff occurred (litter everywhere, streets near campus were un-drivable, etc.).

But, compared to other years, it was pretty tame.

The police departments -- between all the horseback and bike patrols, have a gone a great job teaming up and seeming to keep the masses in the vicinity of campus.

That's good. Remember, Prez Driz once famously said the event isn't an 'IUP event' and it's off-campus ... what do you want him to do about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Sounds like IUPatty's was (by its esteemed status) fairly mild.

No deaths were reported. A police horse was punched a couple times by a female. A 19-year-old male was pulled over for suspected DUI. He tried to flee and rammed a police car. There was a police response to a gunshot at a party on Wayne Ave but nobody was hit.

The former Copper Beach Apartments made the news again as a second story apartment floor collapsed during a party. Most news outlets are reporting (12) were injured (several of those were hospitalized).

All the normal stuff occurred (litter everywhere, streets near campus were un-drivable, etc.).

But, compared to other years, it was pretty tame.

The police departments -- between all the horseback and bike patrols, have a gone a great job teaming up and seeming to keep the masses in the vicinity of campus.

That's good. Remember, Prez Driz once famously said the event isn't an 'IUP event' and it's off-campus ... what do you want him to do about it.
              My goodness. How many people have to be in that apartment for that to happen? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

My goodness. How many people have to be in that apartment for that to happen? Lol
                Copper Beach is part of a national conglomerate building apartments in college towns. Typical cheap construction. Something similar happened at an apartment complex in Slippery Rock. Fire Marshall estimated 150 students jumping up and down. Building had to be gutted and rebuilt.

Comment

• Where are these apartments located?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Copper Beach is part of a national conglomerate building apartments in college towns. Typical cheap construction. Something similar happened at an apartment complex in Slippery Rock. Fire Marshall estimated 150 students jumping up and down. Building had to be gutted and rebuilt.
                    All new apartment construction is March stick construction. It’s why I’m staying in my LEED rated concrete constructed apartment building. It’s like living in a vault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

It will be an interesting lawsuit nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        Where are these apartments located?
                        They are up behind what used to be Regency Mall. It's an interesting community because it's a mix of locals and students blended together ... essentially a little town (it's a big community). It's been fairly quiet up there on the po-po front the past couple years, IUP-wise.

Comment

They are up behind what used to be Regency Mall. It's an interesting community because it's a mix of locals and students blended together ... essentially a little town (it's a big community). It's been fairly quiet up there on the po-po front the past couple years, IUP-wise.
                          Ohhh I think I stayed there years ago visiting some IUP people. Ruby Tuesday was down below?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

What’s the rush, new guy will not come until the summer. Don’t forget a fresh new batch of triggers will be in the May portal after there spring ball fate has been written…just sayin
                            I think you just said what I said. “…once spring ball is over they can move forward with Plan B.” It’s not as much about being in a rush as it is not finding yourself in a position where you could miss out on the top options. I’m sure they’re diligently working other potential avenues, and of course, there will be some new faces available shortly. The longer this goes on with Hunter, the less likely it seems he’ll be moving East to Indiana.

Comment

You mean behind Hills? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

You mean behind Hills? :)
                                Yes lol
                                Amazing Indiana used to have two movie theaters

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X