Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Which QB left Spring Ball in the lead to be QB2 this Fall?
    I thought you meant the QB in the lead to be #2 left Spring ball. lol.

Comment

Which QB left Spring Ball in the lead to be QB2 this Fall?
      No offense but if Hunter goes down good luck. Marchetti was the back up in waiting. The question will be how many changes to the offense to use Hunter’s wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
        No offense but if Hunter goes down good luck. Marchetti was the back up in waiting. The question will be how many changes to the offense to use Hunter’s wheels.
        Yes, I have heard neither backup looked too hot in the Spring. The Mars Hill transfer (Romano) is understandable ... learning a new system, etc. The reviews I've heard on Marchitelli's spring performance aren't real hot. Out of fairness, the offense had several key players not participating. It sounded like both at least showed glimpses.

I can't imagine they are going to be real eager to let Hunter run much if they have a major concern with whomever will be his backup(s).

Needless to say, the cavalry is on the way. Sounds like Tort is going to add some real stud transfers in early May.

Comment

Yes, I have heard neither backup looked too hot in the Spring. The Mars Hill transfer (Romano) is understandable ... learning a new system, etc. The reviews I've heard on Marchitelli's spring performance aren't real hot. Out of fairness, the offense had several key players not participating. It sounded like both at least showed glimpses.

I can't imagine they are going to be real eager to let Hunter run much if they have a major concern with whomever will be his backup(s).

Needless to say, the cavalry is on the way. Sounds like Tort is going to add some real stud transfers in early May.
          Like most everybody else, I do not have first-hand knowledge of the situation. I do have a more optimistic point of view, though.

As of now, I think we are loaded at QB. We got the most sought-after QB in the D2 transfer market. Behind him, I base my opinions of Marchitelli on the film I've seen of his pre-college days and his HS/prep accolades. He would be a great backup, at his point, IMO. Keep in mind the spring offense is a work in progress and the offense is matching up to a really good defense in practice. Romano is likely a little bit of a project at his point which does not mean he can't be a star in the future. Plus, I see IUP as being really proactive regarding transfers and if one leaves they will pick up somebody else.

Comment

• IUP Rugby.

D2 National Champions.

Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
              IUP Rugby.

D2 National Champions.

Again.
              When is the parade?

Comment

• Duane Brown didn't sign with anyone yet? Kind of surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                  Duane Brown didn't sign with anyone yet? Kind of surprised.
                  His 40 was terrible (I saw in the 4.6-range). That won't get a WR in to any camps. I suspect he'll catch on in one of the other leagues.

Comment

His 40 was terrible (I saw in the 4.6-range). That won't get a WR in to any camps. I suspect he'll catch on in one of the other leagues.
                    A lot of guys would prefer they get a token camp contract so they can say they signed with an NFL team, but the longterm playing opportunities are with those other leagues. I know a PSAC guy who probably made $25k playing in that low rent arena league that had a team in Erie over several years.

Comment

• IUP landed a $1 million gift toward its osteopathic medicine school:

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvan...ated-the-cash/

Comment

And while he was able to get open often, his route-running wasn't all that great. I was hoping he went ahead and played in the other leagues first to prove himself to the NFL. I do wish him well going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          IUP landed a $1 million gift toward its osteopathic medicine school:

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvan...ated-the-cash/
                          Why can’t the state authorize the money based on a public need?

They throw money at a useless arena in the Mon Valley but we can’t set up its best public university with a medical school to benefit rural taxpayers.

Oh wait it’s IUP. The school they’ve been making jump through hoops since the mid 60’s…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Why can’t the state authorize the money based on a public need?

They throw money at a useless arena in the Mon Valley but we can’t set up its best public university with a medical school to benefit rural taxpayers.

Oh wait it’s IUP. The school they’ve been making jump through hoops since the mid 60’s…
                            Pennsylvania?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Pennsylvania?
                              I know. Harrisburg is useless but now that the adults control the legislature and we have still have a rational adult as Gubner you’d think there’s be a chance but then I remember the Q Cult still controls the State Senate.

Comment

• The Centre County Community College is about to commence a $700 million renovation project on The Erector Set.

They are hoping the state will contribute some funding. Are they effing kidding me? The state schools can't get a buck to upgrade our foosball fields but they think they should get money even though the state doesn't own the school.

http://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsyl...0WlfjxfAoKSHRa

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X