Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

PA state system a travesty…way too many schools and have minimal aspirations regarding winning athletic programs and solid facilities. Compared to other D2 leagues and systems PA struggles. 3 Michigan GLIAC schools state run like the PSAC brood have updated beautiful facilities. I have been to GV, SV and FSU in the last 25 years and all have been improved for the better. I have been at every PSAC state school that plays football and literally every stadium is the same as I saw it in 1995…Unreal to say the least. some EXACTLY the same 27 years later. Presidents and State Board should be embarrassed.
    Not necessarily. The state schools in Virginia and West Virginia fluctuate greatly and not necessarily any better facilities. WLU is an outlier - but only because they have a local sugar daddy with a really odd infatuation with the campus. Michigan specifically, Ferris and Saginaw have an IUP-like tradition of some success and support. GVSU only became its own animal when Brian Kelly became coach and they latched onto the Grand Rapids market. The school has flourished. But Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, and Wayne State are all publics in the GLIAC and they aren't special. Michigan also has greater stratification of state schools (2 P5 FBS, 3 G5 FBS, 1 D1 non-football, 6 D2 football, 1 D2 non-football, 1 NAIA, 1 no sports).

I don't think any one of the current or immediate past presidents in PASSHE or the PSAC see athletics (and specifically football) as much more than some combination of an extra 100 students, diversity driver, alumni engagement driver, student activity/entertainment, or necessary evil in academia. The PASSHE board sure as hell doesn't care about athletics.

Comment

PA state system a travesty…way too many schools and have minimal aspirations regarding winning athletic programs and solid facilities. Compared to other D2 leagues and systems PA struggles. 3 Michigan GLIAC schools state run like the PSAC brood have updated beautiful facilities. I have been to GV, SV and FSU in the last 25 years and all have been improved for the better. I have been at every PSAC state school that plays football and literally every stadium is the same as I saw it in 1995…Unreal to say the least. some EXACTLY the same 27 years later. Presidents and State Board should be embarrassed.

Well, there was a change at Miller this Spring. That big row of pine (type) trees behind the visitors' bleachers was all removed.

Now ... that big, ugly chain-link fence we all hate is even more visible.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, there was a change at Miller this Spring. That big row of pine (type) trees behind the visitors' bleachers was all removed.

I read on the IUP website about a plan for the physical campus that talked about a space for the proposed medical school AND for outdoor athletic facilities. So, hopefully they have something in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I read on the IUP website about a plan for the physical campus that talked about a space for the proposed medical school AND for outdoor athletic facilities. So, hopefully they have something in the works.
          On Facebook and the website IUP is asking for advice and input on future camps facility improvements. You can always suggest improvements to Miller. I know I voiced my opinion on the matter, and I’m sure if enough people also comment on it, they’ll at least look at it a little further.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

On Facebook and the website IUP is asking for advice and input on future camps facility improvements. You can always suggest improvements to Miller. I know I voiced my opinion on the matter, and I’m sure if enough people also comment on it, they’ll at least look at it a little further.
            I did too! My post elaborated on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I did too! My post elaborated on it.
              They'll probably be playing at Indiana High once that press box finally collapses.

Comment

I actually liked the Pines . How hard is it or costly to put up a red ribbon type piping along all that fence with IUP logo and factoids…Heck they probably could make the money up as this would prevent free view from the fence line…i mean do something to the place.

Comment

They'll probably be playing at Indiana High once that press box finally collapses.
                  There stadium is actually nicer .

Comment

There stadium is actually nicer .
                    Yes, it is.

Comment

I actually liked the Pines . How hard is it or costly to put up a red ribbon type piping along all that fence with IUP logo and factoids…Heck they probably could make the money up as this would prevent free view from the fence line…i mean do something to the place.
                      Good Idea! Cover the prison fence!

Comment

There recently was a pretty major improvement in football locker room facilities at Ship, and I believe I read a while back that East Stroud had done something similar. Facilities for some of our women's' teams are to get an upgrade in the next year or two.

Comment

• Any word on Quinn Zinobile?

Comment

Any word on Quinn Zinobile?
                            He hasn't posted anything in a few weeks. Makes me wonder if he's holding out for something worth waiting for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

He hasn't posted anything in a few weeks. Makes me wonder if he's holding out for something worth waiting for.
                              Well, these guys all better not wait too long. He sure doesn't want to end up back at Clarion.

There are certainly connections to IUP here and rumors in town ... but I can't say for sure they've actually offered him.

Comment

Well, these guys all better not wait too long. He sure doesn't want to end up back at Clarion.

There are certainly connections to IUP here and rumors in town ... but I can't say for sure they've actually offered him.
                                I've been told he has visited Clarion since leaving and has no bad feelings about his time there - just thought he had D1 talent and wanted to pursue it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X