Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So so true. The only rankings pre-season wise worth anything at the D2 level is this site. Lindys is usually the first and the worst guess every year…just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      IUP is ranked No. 11 in Lindy's Preseason Top 25. Ashland, IUP's opening opponent, is ranked No. 10.

Slippery Rock and Shepherd also both made the list, coming in at 15 and 19.

Last year pre season Lindys SU 6, Cal 17, IUP 21 if anyone is taking note. They also had Valdosta #2 and I believe they finished under .500…2023 Region one looks to be wide open with No Bagent around …just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

The 2010, 2015, 2016 Shepherd teams would have beat the Bagent led teams IMO. They were better teams across the board, with more balance on offense and stronger D.

I'll admit it is a cop out, but IUP should thank mother nature for that win. They were better prepared to handle bad weather than the Rams were, and Shepherd refused to change their game plan.
        I think IUP played a very strong game in that PSAC Championship, regardless of weather. No conversation that they were not the better team (that day) in my opinion. If the coaches for Shepherd failed to look at the weather, or only entered that game looking to throw it 40+ times, that's poor game planning on their part. Not attempting to have any balance, or abandoning any plans to quickly in-game, is probably a bad recipe regardless of the weather.

I think IUP really got to Bagent in that game and controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball. It was a different story a couple weeks later obviously, but that's why they play the games. Never like weather being a part of the conversation (I know you weren't using it as an excuse). Both teams have equal opportunities to plan for it, and both play in the same conditions on game day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I think IUP played a very strong game in that PSAC Championship, regardless of weather. No conversation that they were not the better team (that day) in my opinion. If the coaches for Shepherd failed to look at the weather, or only entered that game looking to throw it 40+ times, that's poor game planning on their part. Not attempting to have any balance, or abandoning any plans to quickly in-game, is probably a bad recipe regardless of the weather.

I think IUP really got to Bagent in that game and controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball. It was a different story a couple weeks later obviously, but that's why they play the games. Never like weather being a part of the conversation (I know you weren't using it as an excuse). Both teams have equal opportunities to plan for it, and both play in the same conditions on game day.
          I 100% agree with that. I thought IUP would win the first game, regardless of weather, and I thought Shepherd would win the 2nd game. IUP won the 1st game in the trenches. Shep adjusted for the 2nd game and IUP was really beat up. It's history.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

IUP was hungry the first game. You could see it in warm-ups. They just had a different vibe. The first game never should have been close. I think IUP dropped 3-4 easy picks in that game. Two would have been house calls.

Three weeks later it was the opposite. Shepherd was the hungry team.

IUP getting the ball first but taking the hurricane in the next two quarters will always be an interesting call.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I 100% agree with that. I thought IUP would win the first game, regardless of weather, and I thought Shepherd would win the 2nd game. IUP won the 1st game in the trenches. Shep adjusted for the 2nd game and IUP was really beat up. It's history.
              We'll never know. I think Shepherd wins both games if the coaching staff watches the weather and adjusts accordingly. Part of me thinks that the staff was certainly considering the Harlon Hill candidacy in that PSAC championship game and wanted to give Tyson a chance to maintain his status. I've beaten the drum that Brown should have been getting 20-25 touches every game.

Shepherd was very beat up as well going into that 2nd game. The entire WR corps was down to freshman and newcomers and we were missing our 1st team all PSAC LB as well. Happens that late in the year.

Comment

• IUP announced a fantastic discount (sarcasm) for a football tailgating season ticket.

For just $225 you can get a regular season pass. Six home games ... that's a cool $37.50/game to park beside Miller Stadium.

They've completely lost their minds. This is freaking D2 in a small town ... for a team with a following that gets older by the day.

That's basically the "we don't want students and we don't want most locals" pricing.

Or, of course, you can park a block away -- for free -- and just carry a cooler to that area (if you wish to tailgate).

Now, keep in mind it is a significant discount compared to years past (it's usually $65/spot for tailgating). That price needs no further comment. LOL.

And, by the way, they have (by far) the most expensive game tickets in the PSAC.

Comment

IUP announced a fantastic discount (sarcasm) for a football tailgating season ticket.

For just $225 you can get a regular season pass. Six home games ... that's a cool $37.50/game to park beside Miller Stadium.

They've completely lost their minds. This is freaking D2 in a small town ... for a team with a following that gets older by the day.

That's basically the "we don't want students and we don't want most locals" pricing.

Or, of course, you can park a block away -- for free -- and just carry a cooler to that area (if you wish to tailgate).

Now, keep in mind it is a significant discount compared to years past (it's usually $65/spot for tailgating). That price needs no further comment. LOL.

And, by the way, they have (by far) the most expensive game tickets in the PSAC.
                  What are they getting for a game ticket?

Comment

IUP announced a fantastic discount (sarcasm) for a football tailgating season ticket.

You want Torts to get top tier mercenaries..they cost money.

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You want Torts to get top tier mercenaries..they cost money.

:-)
                      That's different money (from us, too).

Comment

It’s 18 bucks a game for reserved tickets at Grand Valley. Club seats are 35 a game.

Comment

• Looks like your new QB brought a buddy with him. The WR room is stacked

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ship69;n756509]

What are they getting for a game ticket?[

IUP could not sell a meal to a billionaire dying of starvation.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                              Looks like your new QB brought a buddy with him. The WR room is stacked
                              Lot of mouthes to feed

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                                Looks like your new QB brought a buddy with him. The WR room is stacked
                                This looks like a 'buddy' signing for Karst. Not much of a resume. I'd imagine he will be a special teams player and depth WR. Their top 6 WRs are loaded. I don't see this guy breaking the top 6.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X