Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    it was close but rock is ahead.
    I'm gonna regret opening this can of worms, but ... no, it's not.

The original tweet says "wins in last 10 years." He's correct that IUP has 84 wins and PSU has 82 in the past 10 years: 2021 to 2012. Other tweeters replied to him that SRU also has 84 wins, and then he replied that he went with IUP in his original tweet because IUP beat SRU in the most recent meeting.

Now ...

If you go back 10 seasons (keep in mind the original tweet says "years") then it changes because you'd be counting 2021 and then 2019 to 2011 (not 2020 because there was no season in the PSAC). That's when you'd get your figure of SRU 92, IUP 91.

Semantics, I know.

I'll crawl back into my cave now and hibernate til April.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I'm gonna regret opening this can of worms, but ... no, it's not.

The original tweet says "wins in last 10 years." He's correct that IUP has 84 wins and PSU has 82 in the past 10 years: 2021 to 2012. Other tweeters replied to him that SRU also has 84 wins, and then he replied that he went with IUP in his original tweet because IUP beat SRU in the most recent meeting.

Now ...

If you go back 10 seasons (keep in mind the original tweet says "years") then it changes because you'd be counting 2021 and then 2019 to 2011 (not 2020 because there was no season in the PSAC). That's when you'd get your figure of SRU 92, IUP 91.

Semantics, I know.

I'll crawl back into my cave now and hibernate til April.
      I guess in the last 10 or 11 years or so, depending on how you count it, IUP and SRU are the winningest college football teams in Pennsylvania. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

All that is saying is that IUP has more wins than Ped St. I spelled it out for, it was close but rock is ahead.
        https://twitter.com/asaunders_pgh/st...293886466?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Jersey has a lot of good football players and few Division II colleges.
          Actually with 28.3 million people NY/NJ has exactly 1 D2 football team, PACE UNIVERSITY, which is barely in NY and really only barely a D2 football program.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Actually with 28.3 million people NY/NJ has exactly 1 D2 football team, PACE UNIVERSITY, which is barely in NY and really only barely a D2 football program.
            Hadn't bothered to look it up, so the point being that Jersey is a good place for D2 schools outside the state to look for players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Hadn't bothered to look it up, so the point being that Jersey is a good place for D2 schools outside the state to look for players.
              NJ doesn't have a lot of colleges, period. Only Wyoming has a lower number of colleges and universities per capita than The Garden State.

Comment

Hello all new to the site but excited to be a passionate participant especially with new found interest in Edinboro due to my son Zach Malpica signing there this year from Florida. Like past reply from another member earlier said there is 1 D2 college in Florida and only 3 FCS with limited enrollment opportunities 1 Stetson which is high academic but half the PSAC could beat them talent wise. And 2 other HBCU who have been very aggressive in the portal for years as well as the FBS schools there are......
                As for your comment stating the 6 FL kids they signed must not be that good... Why don't you look at their films and judge for yourself, bear in mind the talent level they play against especially cuz they are in South and SW Florida to fastest pockets in the country for speed and they all played with and against several D1 players every week. The transfer portal and COVID have created a slimming of scholarship opportunities for young talent to be signed and develop. Get used to it you are going to be seeing and influx of better talent fall the the cracks. And with Coach Nulph's connections recruiting South Florida and DC Papley has connection due to his brother being HS coach in SW Florida who I coached with and coached my son. Trust and connection was made with Papley and my son chose there because we love what they are building. He could have gone to any D2 IN COUNTRY as well as PWO to Louisville and Illinois and held offer to FAU which in the end they went with a JUCO LB instead of him, but we chose Edinboro.
                Good luck to all look forward to seeing all these talented young men flourish and compete it will raise the level of talent and competition in the PSAC for years to come as pipelines are being created.
                ???????Malpica was a four-year letter winner at Ida S. Baker ... Served as a three-time team captain ... Three-time all-district selection including a pair of first-team selections ... Also a three-time All-Area choice with two first-team selections ... Two-time All-Florida 6A Honoree.
                http://www.hudl.com/v/2GpHMY

Comment

Shepherd signs 40 to 2022 class. Here's a list for those interested.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2022/2...ing-class.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by CoachMalpica View Post

Hello all new to the site but excited to be a passionate participant especially with new found interest in Edinboro due to my son Zach Malpica signing there this year from Florida.
                    http://www.hudl.com/v/2GpHMY
                    Welcome to the board and welcome to PSAC football! You'll quickly figure out some posters have very good opinions based on facts and historical stats, and some just like to flap at the gums. I'm sure Zach will show his worth on the field!

Comment

Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

Welcome to the board and welcome to PSAC football! You'll quickly figure out some posters have very good opinions based on facts and historical stats, and some just like to flap at the gums. I'm sure Zach will show his worth on the field!
                      Heey, the football in the PSAC may not be national quality, but as a member of that gum flapping fraternity, I'll state without fear of contradiction that the PEESACK cannot be beaten in meaningless chatter !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Heey, the football in the PSAC may not be national quality, but as a member of that gum flapping fraternity, I'll state without fear of contradiction that the PEESACK cannot be beaten in meaningless chatter !!!
                        Lol! You certainly don't rank high in the gum flapping fraternity like some of the characters that have come and gone through the years. They're like the Sith. There is always a Lord and an apprentice.

Comment

Lol! You certainly don't rank high in the gum flapping fraternity like some of the characters that have come and gone through the years. They're like the Sith. There is always a Lord and an apprentice.
                          You all may call me Your Majesty.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You all may call me Your Majesty.

:-)
                            Glad to be part of the rebel alliance Darth Fargas!

Comment

I consider myself a faithful minion willing to do the dirty work.

Comment

https://esuwarriors.com/signingday/football/football/3/

??????ESU announces their newcomers. Heavy on offense this year.

In addition, the Warriors also announced the signing of RB Mason Peterson.
                                He was the Philly Catholic League MVP in 2021, playing for Bonner-Prendie.
                                Last edited by WarriorVoice; 02-07-2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X