Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    It takes more than 2 wins a year against the cellar dwellers to make a career. It's not like the PSAC West hasn't had it's football softies. Clarion comes to mind. Coach Douds wasn't the only coach who played those bad teams every year. You just seem to forget that.
    I agree that you can't apply Mansfield and Cheyney to Denny without applying them to the others. Nobody said Gene Carpenter is less worthy of the hall of fame considering so many of his wins at Millersville were against those two. Nobody is tossing Frank Cignetti out of the hall of fame because he beat Lock Haven all 20 times he coached against them.

But, for funsies, if you were erase Denny's record against Mansfield (31-2) and Cheyney (43-1), his career won-loss mark would be 190-201-3 (.486) over 45 seasons.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I agree that you can't apply Mansfield and Cheyney to Denny without applying them to the others. Nobody said Gene Carpenter is less worthy of the hall of fame considering so many of his wins at Millersville were against those two. Nobody is tossing Frank Cignetti out of the hall of fame because he beat Lock Haven all 20 times he coached against them.

But, for funsies, if you were erase Denny's record against Mansfield (31-2) and Cheyney (43-1), his career won-loss mark would be 190-201-3 (.486) over 45 seasons.
      Cheyney usually wasn't much at football, but it was sad for an old-timer like me to see them drop out, remembering the great small-college basketball program they had with Hall of Famers John Chaney and Vivian Stringer actually coaching there at the same time. That said, it had gotten so they were so uncompetitive in football that it was just something on the schedule to be gotten out of the way, and there really wasn't much satisfaction for the other divisional teams in beating them.

Comment

• All you have on Douds is that he stuck around too long. Like a hundred other sports figures

Comment

• Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post
          All you have on Douds is that he stuck around too long. Like a hundred other sports figures
          But his magical ability to create scoreboard messages while coaching a game is legendary in one child's mind.
          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 02-14-2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

It takes more than 2 wins a year against the cellar dwellers to make a career. It's not like the PSAC West hasn't had it's football softies. Clarion comes to mind. Coach Douds wasn't the only coach who played those bad teams every year. You just seem to forget that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Cheyney usually wasn't much at football, but it was sad for an old-timer like me to see them drop out, remembering the great small-college basketball program they had with Hall of Famers John Chaney and Vivian Stringer actually coaching there at the same time. That said, it had gotten so they were so uncompetitive in football that it was just something on the schedule to be gotten out of the way, and there really wasn't much satisfaction for the other divisional teams in beating them.
              I was at a few IUP games at Cheyney and it was hard to watch and hard to cheer as IUP stomped up and down their half dead goat pasture.
              Last edited by IUPNation; 02-15-2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post
                All you have on Douds is that he stuck around too long. Like a hundred other sports figures

Comment

But his magical ability to create scoreboard messages while coaching a game is legendary in one child's mind.
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 02-15-2022, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• You've blamed him or associated the message with him EVERY time...Go look up your posts. I'm sure you have them wallpapered in your bedroom. I see you also dusted off the thesaurus for those adjectives...
                    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 02-15-2022, 09:55 AM.

Comment

You've blamed him or associated the message with him EVERY time...Go look up your posts. I'm sure you have them wallpapered in your bedroom.
                      Nah that's Angelo Armenti in his track suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Nah that's Angelo Armenti in his track suit.
                        That's funny.

Comment

You've blamed him or associated the message with him EVERY time...Go look up your posts. I'm sure you have them wallpapered in your bedroom. I see you also dusted off the thesaurus for those adjectives...
                          Last edited by IUPNation; 02-15-2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X