Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mussina's career over

I just received confirmation that with his graduation, Shippensburg QB Brycen Mussina will forgo his final season of eligibility.

The only two quarterbacks on the early 2922 roster are redshirt freshman Sam Johnson III, the Boston College transfer, and Joey McCracken, s two-time All-Stater at Warwick who went to Maine and never saw the field.

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I just received confirmation that with his graduation, Shippensburg QB Brycen Mussina will forgo his final season of eligibility.

The only two quarterbacks on the early 2922 roster are redshirt freshman Sam Johnson III, the Boston College transfer, and Joey McCracken, s two-time All-Stater at Warwick who went to Maine and never saw the field.
    Sad to Mussina hang it up but knowing Ship doesn't give full football rides, he has his degree in hand wasn't going to be drafted or play on Sundays so why take out student loans to play a final season when he can get right into the real world utilizing his degree. As for Ship have no fear if Sam and Joey can't show enough in spring ball to win the QB job the portal is full of players looking for a shot. Many FCS QB's who don't win starting jobs this spring will drop down to D2 and in our lap.

Comment

Comment

Guys, the word I've gotten is that Johnson is very dialed in. He spent every game last season in the press box with the offensive assistants and has the offense down.

Comment

Guys, the word I've gotten is that Johnson is very dialed in. He spent every game last season in the press box with the offensive assistants and has the offense down.
          That'll likely give him a spring advantage over McCracken.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
            Sad to Mussina hang it up but knowing Ship doesn't give full football rides, he has his degree in hand wasn't going to be drafted or play on Sundays so why take out student loans to play a final season when he can get right into the real world utilizing his degree.
            Call me crazy, but I find it hard to believe that a kid whose father made $147 million playing baseball would have to take out a $24,000 loan to go to college.
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Call me crazy, but I find it hard to believe that a kid whose father made $147 million playing baseball would have to take out a $24,000 loan to go to college.
              He made that money over a long period of years. He still lives in Montoursville and there is only so much you can spend in Montoursville. Mike Mussina is a graduate of Stanford University with a degree in Economics. I think the dad has real money.

Having said that, I think it's cool that the son would go to Shippensburg to play football.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

He made that money over a long period of years. He still lives in Montoursville and there is only so much you can spend in Montoursville. Mike Mussina is a graduate of Stanford University with a degree in Economics. I think the dad has real money.

Having said that, I think it's cool that the son would go to Shippensburg to play football.
                We were glad to have him, but I think he did try Lafayette first, and that apparently didn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

We were glad to have him, but I think he did try Lafayette first, and that apparently didn't work out.
                  It's funny, but I think Brycen is someone I'm going to appreciate more down the line than I did while he was at Ship.

Comment

It's funny, but I think Brycen is someone I'm going to appreciate more down the line than I did while he was at Ship.
                    He had a nice career. Mac did bring in some decent WR transfers for his last season, but, boy, the loss of both Gontarek and Eubanks to transfer really had to hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

He had a nice career. Mac did bring in some decent WR transfers for his last season, but, boy, the loss of both Gontarek and Eubanks to transfer really had to hurt.
                      You're absolutely right. But the fact that Mac started the 2021 season with Ferraulo lingers, whether it was a wake-up call for Musings or not.

Comment

You're absolutely right. But the fact that Mac started the 2021 season with Ferraulo lingers, whether it was a wake-up call for Musings or not.
                        Yeah, there did seem to be some sort of subtext there. Ferrauilo wasn't particularly impressive in that first outing, and I didn't think he showed a lot in the subsequent times he was inserted into the lineup. I see he's no longer on the roster. I sure don't know what they saw to start him that first game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X