Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Not if IUP has to punt the ball............

Just sayin!!!

What an odd year it was. IUP could have been 9-1 or 4-6. I guess they landed in the middle at a disappointing 7-3.

Comment

This is true.

Who else still has an open date at this point?
      Only a handful advertising it but a lot of schools also haven't shared a 2022 schedule. I think playing a PSAC East school not already on the schedule would be the ideal alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Charleston was one of the teams -- allegedly -- that IUP approached for Week 1. Word was Charleston had no interest.

Instead, they are heading up 79 to play the BOOM SQUAD. #LIT-AF

It's not easy to find a game in-region. Odds are for most if you come to Indiana ... you're going to lose.
        From what I was told in Shepherds program, was the Rams contacted Charleston and Glenville about lining up games and were told no because Shepherd is on the no fly list still with Commissioner Reid Amos. Little Reid is still bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Only a handful advertising it but a lot of schools also haven't shared a 2022 schedule. I think playing a PSAC East school not already on the schedule would be the ideal alternative.
          IUP was in this position before....remember when IUP played some really bad off school from the CIAA in a home game...ST Augustine's I believe...it was basically a take what we could get thing.

Comment

IUP was in this position before....remember when IUP played some really bad off school from the CIAA in a home game...ST Augustine's I believe...it was basically a take what we could get thing.
            They barely made it up here from what I recall. One of the buses broke down or ran out of gas ... something along those lines. Nice to win the opener but that was a boring one. The only cool thing of the afternoon was the game ball being delivered to mid-field via paratrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Hopefully, that means a rough year for the NE10 and more playoff spots available.

Comment

Bentley is a hot mess right now. Head coach resigned last week. Two assistants including the OC have resigned since.
                There are five coaches have resigned last week which included the head coach, asst. head coach, offensive coordinator, TE coach and DL coach. I couldn't find any additional information regarding of why all these coaches resigned. Looks like it's a real mess up there in Waltham.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

From what I was told in Shepherds program, was the Rams contacted Charleston and Glenville about lining up games and were told no because Shepherd is on the no fly list still with Commissioner Reid Amos. Little Reid is still bitter.
                  Reid tried his best to turn the MEC into the West Liberty Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

There are five coaches have resigned last week which included the head coach, asst. head coach, offensive coordinator, TE coach and DL coach. I couldn't find any additional information regarding of why all these coaches resigned. Looks like it's a real mess up there in Waltham.
                    I saw that he left to "pursue other opportunities" but I don't know if that's another coaching job or a job outside of football. Then the one coordinator was made interim and a bunch of assistants resigned, unsure if its related. The young guy who Lock Haven hired would have been a great target for Bentley.

Comment

I saw that he left to "pursue other opportunities" but I don't know if that's another coaching job or a job outside of football. Then the one coordinator was made interim and a bunch of assistants resigned, unsure if its related. The young guy who Lock Haven hired would have been a great target for Bentley.

Well, he'll probably be available again here in the near future.

If he has any even small level of success, his goal will be to get out of there ASAP.

Or, he'll continue the pattern of LH coaches.

Comment

https://northeastconference.org/news...cement_22.aspx
                        Last edited by ctrabs74; 04-05-2022, 12:48 PM.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Lock Haven will open the season 9/3 at Post University in Waterbury, Conn. I believe this will be Post's first official "varsity" game as a D2 program as they played JV and club teams last season, which was their first since transitioning from sprint football.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                            Lock Haven will open the season 9/3 at Post University in Waterbury, Conn. I believe this will be Post's first official "varsity" game as a D2 program as they played JV and club teams last season, which was their first since transitioning from sprint football.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Reid tried his best to turn the MEC into the West Liberty Conference.
                              I've always found that argument foisted by some very fasinating. Amos grew up in Fairmont, went to Farimont HS then went to and graduated from Fairmont State. Was the broadcaster for Fairmont State Football and Basketball for 13 years. He was also the Men's Golf Coach at Fairmont State for five years taking the team to the NCAA Regional Tourney all five years, won one Regional Title, two WVIAC titles and was WVIAC and NCAA Regional Coach of the Year three times. AFTER that he went to WLU for 5 1/2 years were he was the VP for Communications and the broadcaster for WLU Football and Basketball games

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I've always found that argument foisted by some very fasinating. Amos grew up in Fairmont, went to Farimont HS then went to and graduated from Fairmont State. Was the broadcaster for Fairmont State Football and Basketball for 13 years. He was also the Men's Golf Coach at Fairmont State for five years taking the team to the NCAA Regional Tourney all five years, won one Regional Title, two WVIAC titles and was WVIAC and NCAA Regional Coach of the Year three times. AFTER that he went to WLU for 5 1/2 years were he was the VP for Communications and the broadcaster for WLU Football and Basketball games
                                I wouldn't go as far as to say its the West Lib Conference, but Reid is an ass. There was no love lost with his relationship with Shepherd, and Shepherd's surprise move took it to another level. Since the Rams left they have made a few calls to try and schedule (this year for sure with Glenville I know of) and it was a complete non starter. The Reid administration will make it difficult and near impossible for the Rams to schedule any regular season games with old foes. Which is a shame, it'd be nice to see some old faces on the schedule for nostalgia's sake. Looks like more thawing in that will need to be done for that ever to come in the future.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X