Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I wouldn't go as far as to say its the West Lib Conference, but Reid is an ass. There was no love lost with his relationship with Shepherd, and Shepherd's surprise move took it to another level. Since the Rams left they have made a few calls to try and schedule (this year for sure with Glenville I know of) and it was a complete non starter. The Reid administration will make it difficult and near impossible for the Rams to schedule any regular season games with old foes. Which is a shame, it'd be nice to see some old faces on the schedule for nostalgia's sake. Looks like more thawing in that will need to be done for that ever to come in the future.
    At this point, the hell with Reid and the MEC in general. If that ever changes, sure there are some good teams to be schedule. But we don't really need them. I'm fine just seeing one of their teams in the playoffs from time to time. I feel like Shepherd fits in the PSAC well.

Comment

Can't recall it being mentioned on here but Clarion is playing a Thursday night game vs West Liberty at Memorial Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

At this point, the hell with Reid and the MEC in general. If that ever changes, sure there are some good teams to be schedule. But we don't really need them. I'm fine just seeing one of their teams in the playoffs from time to time. I feel like Shepherd fits in the PSAC well.
        Football fits in well for sure. The rest of the sports are getting their feet wet, taking some lumps. But hopefully they'll figure it out and find success like the women's bball team did this year.

Comment

Cal opens the season at home on 9/1 vs. Fairmont State.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
            Cal opens the season at home on 9/1 vs. Fairmont State.
            Good opener considering @KUTZ and @SHEP follow in Wks 2+3. My hope is the VULCANS can manage 4-1 when IUP comes calling at Adamson on Oct 8. If they split that early road trip and then the home games against IUP and SRU, as well as sweeping the remaining 7, I'd guess the SOS will get them into the playoffs at 9-2. Time will tell.
            Last edited by CALUPA69; 04-19-2022, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Don't know if "Reid is an ass" or not but he's always seemed approachable to me. As for scheduling Shepherd, why would any team in the MEC want to? If Shep had a burning desire to play MEC teams, they shouldn't have left.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                Don't know if "Reid is an ass" or not but he's always seemed approachable to me. As for scheduling Shepherd, why would any team in the MEC want to? If Shep had a burning desire to play MEC teams, they shouldn't have left.
                There isn't a burning desire to play MEC teams. It's more doesn't it make sense to schedule OOC games with more local opponents from other leagues? It'd be nice to see one of the old WVIAC teams on the schedule every now and again, because we know we certainly won't see them when it counts in the playoffs. As long as Reid is in charge though, it won't happen.

Comment

Edinboro will play at Franklin Pierce on Sept 3. FPU went 0-10 last year in the NE10.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Edinboro will play at Franklin Pierce on Sept 3. FPU went 0-10 last year in the NE10.
                    West Chester vs Bentley
                    Shepherd vs SCSU
                    Millersville vs St. Anselm
                    ESU vs Pace
                    Bloom vs Stonehill
                    Edinboro vs Franklin Pierce

Nice round of intra conference play there to help with region seeding.

Comment

My wildly uneducated guess would be a 3-3 split with PSAC wins by SHEP, ESU and BORO.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        My wildly uneducated guess would be a 3-3 split with PSAC wins by SHEP, ESU and BORO.
                        I think we get a clean sweep 6-0 or 1 loss at 5-1 if Millersville doesn't handle their end.

Bentley lost like their whole staff and West Chester I think is a sleeper to win the whole PSAC this year.

Comment

I think we get a clean sweep 6-0 or 1 loss at 5-1 if Millersville doesn't handle their end.

Bentley lost like their whole staff and West Chester I think is a sleeper to win the whole PSAC this year.

West Chester looked strong in the finale for the first three quarters. They were blowing IUP out. Then, of course, IUP scored 28 in the fourth quarter to get a big road win.

That said, I'm not sure if the walk-ons played that great in the first three quarters or if it was just the IUP team we saw all year that showed up in spurts. I do remember the weather in the first half was awful. Once it cleared and IUP could throw, the Rams had no answer for IUP's offense.

Comment

West Chester vs Bentley
                            Shepherd vs SCSU
                            Millersville vs St. Anselm
                            ESU vs Pace
                            Bloom vs Stonehill
                            Edinboro vs Franklin Pierce

Nice round of intra conference play there to help with region seeding.
                            Also
                            Kutztown at Assumption
                            Lock Haven at Post
                            Shippensburg at West Virginia State
                            California vs Fairmont St
                            Clarion cs West Liberty
                            Gannon vs Charleston
                            Mercyhurst at Alderson-Broaddus
                            Seton Hill at Wheeling
                            Slippery Rock vs Wayne St

Of course IUP will be playing with themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Also
                              Kutztown at Assumption
                              Lock Haven at Post
                              Shippensburg at West Virginia State
                              California vs Fairmont St
                              Clarion cs West Liberty
                              Gannon vs Charleston
                              Mercyhurst at Alderson-Broaddus
                              Seton Hill at Wheeling
                              Slippery Rock vs Wayne St

Of course IUP will be playing with themselves

IUP will be playing when most of the teams on that list are at their end of year banquet. So, it will work out.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

West Chester looked strong in the finale for the first three quarters. They were blowing IUP out. Then, of course, IUP scored 28 in the fourth quarter to get a big road win.

That said, I'm not sure if the walk-ons played that great in the first three quarters or if it was just the IUP team we saw all year that showed up in spurts. I do remember the weather in the first half was awful. Once it cleared and IUP could throw, the Rams had no answer for IUP's offense.
                                West Chester gave shepherd all they could handle in shepherdstown last year as well. They were very young and I think are gonna be a contender this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X