Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Haven Announces 2022 Signing Class

After the mass exodus following the dismissal of their HC LHU has retooled signing a whopping 58 kids including taking in 12 transfers.

Football announces 2022 recruiting class - Lock Haven University Athletics (golhu.com)

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    After the mass exodus following the dismissal of their HC LHU has retooled signing a whopping 58 kids including taking in 12 transfers.

Football announces 2022 recruiting class - Lock Haven University Athletics (golhu.com)
    58 ... Good Lord

Comment

Should be interesting. They do have a QB from Stony Brook, a QB from Assumption, a RB from Morgan State, and recruits from all corners of the U.S.

Comment

So 3-8?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So 3-8?
          That's probably a parade if they find 3 wins in that schedule lol. If they win more than 1 it's a successful season IMO given how bad they were last season

Comment

That's probably a parade if they find 3 wins in that schedule lol. If they win more than 1 it's a successful season IMO given how bad they were last season
            They do have Post, Clarion and Millersville on the schedule.

I'd guess Las Vegas would put their win total at an over/under of 1.5

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They do have Post, Clarion and Millersville on the schedule.

I'd guess Las Vegas would put their win total at an over/under of 1.5
              True but I'd put Millersville as probably being better on paper & in experience over LH right now. Clarion is a toss up but they should handle Post in Week 1

Comment

There's no way of knowing how bringing in 58 new players will turn out.

It could be the same result or this guy could be a coaching genius and they have success or any point in between.

I wouldn't want to be the first PSAC team they face i.e. Mercyhurst. Not that Hurst wouldn't expect to win but because it's so unpredictable.

Comment

That's a lot of kids to bring in. This has the ring of a last-gasp effort to get relevant about it. I'd say this guy has to have some success to avoid Lock Haven being relegated to the slot formerly occupied by Cheyney in the Eastern Division. I wish him well as it does Ship and no one else in the division any good to play walkover opponents year after year. Ship currently has beaten Lock Haven 17 times in a row, and most of those games haven't been close. And it's not as if Ship has been great every one of those seasons. We had a very mediocre team in the last pre-Covid season and still put up 65 points on them. If the PSAC is every going to be competitive beyond our own region again (a tall order given current trends), the conference has to get tougher top to bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                    That's a lot of kids to bring in. This has the ring of a last-gasp effort to get relevant about it. I'd say this guy has to have some success to avoid Lock Haven being relegated to the slot formerly occupied by Cheyney in the Eastern Division. I wish him well as it does Ship and no one else in the division any good to play walkover opponents year after year. Ship currently has beaten Lock Haven 17 times in a row, and most of those games haven't been close. And it's not as if Ship has been great every one of those seasons. We had a very mediocre team in the last pre-Covid season and still put up 65 points on them. If the PSAC is every going to be competitive beyond our own region again (a tall order given current trends), the conference has to get tougher top to bottom.
                    I agree 100%. But they have no chance at being successful unless they stay positive. Right now they are in an 8-way tie for 1st in the East.

Comment

These guys seem to be doing a good job. Lots of excitement coming out of Lock Haven and they obviously worked their tails off to go out and sign 60 kids. There is some nice looking talent in that class but more importantly the size of it will allow them to have a productive camp. Their numbers were super low, that will push them back up to where you need to be to have a full look team. I hope they get it rolling in the right direction, feels like a solid start for the new staff. Good luck to them

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I agree 100%. But they have no chance at being successful unless they stay positive. Right now they are in an 8-way tie for 1st in the East.
                        I certainly agree with you, but the "stay positive" mantra I'm sure gets old after 25-30 years. They need to get some results, and I hope they've found someone who can do it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I certainly agree with you, but the "stay positive" mantra I'm sure gets old after 25-30 years. They need to get some results, and I hope they've found someone who can do it.

Well, that works both ways. Hopefully they give the new guy the time to do it. Last guy had a pretty short leash.

The reality, however, is if they go 1-10 this year (certainly possible/likely) ... more than half of those 58 will bounce. They'll get some good tape and head for greener pastures. That's the giant challenge there. All those previous coaches hired there also came in with optimism and decent resumes. They all left the same way, however. The monumental hurdle to get past for success there is keeping your program from being a 'minor league' for the big dogs of the PSAC. That will be very difficult to do in this Portal era.

Comment

At least they're trying.

Question: Does being part of Commonwealth U. change anything in a situation like this?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X