Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    It's already been rigged for Track U and Walk On U? Didn't you go to Walk On U? Oh....that's why you want the status quo.

Sashay Away.
    I went to Mon Valley U, thank you very little. Also, I'm not going anywhere, so cope with it.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I went to Mon Valley U, thank you very little. Also, I'm not going anywhere, so cope with it.
      I’m not going to stop calling it bogus until the calculations are fair for everyone and not slanted for certain schools. So saddle up cupcakes…

It probably wasn’t a coincidence this was created when the The IUP Rule was instituted. So not only did the Home Office **** IUP over by destroying our national title contending foosball program in the 90’s, they then created a trophy to reward the schools who fell in line to vote for it.

It’s The IUP Rule Trophy in celebration of Pee Sack mediocrity.
      Last edited by IUPNation; 04-29-2023, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I’m not going to stop calling it bogus until the calculations are fair for everyone and not slanted for certain schools. So saddle up cupcakes…
        When I looked closer at the numbers (which are objective, BTW), what struck me about IUP is being ranked 1st in men's sports and 12th in women's sports (Tennis will pull it up a little but not that much). You're not going to win any awards for the best "overall" sports program when things are slanted that much on the key demographic.

Good luck with your crusade.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

When I looked closer at the numbers (which are objective, BTW), what struck me about IUP is being ranked 1st in men's sports and 12th in women's sports (Tennis will pull it up a little but not that much). You're not going to win any awards for the best "overall" sports program when things are slanted that much on the key demographic.

Good luck with your crusade.
          Ms Taylor did it with her abysmal men’s teams. She only cared about women’s sports. It’s just the IUP
          ladies haven’t pulled their weight but you seemed be overlooking lacrosse and softball are in the mix for their Pee Sack tournament.

So there.

Who has the most conference titles so far this year? We do. That’s makes us the best.

Comment

Ms Taylor did it with her abysmal men’s teams. She only cared about women’s sports. It’s just the IUP
            ladies haven’t pulled their weight but you seemed be overlooking lacrosse and softball are in the mix for their Pee Sack tournament.

So there.

Who has the most conference titles so far this year? We do. That’s makes us the best.
            As AD, Sharon Taylor won the Dixon Trophy 3 times. She retired 11 years ago.

Comment

As AD, Sharon Taylor won the Dixon Trophy 3 times. She retired 11 years ago.
              Yes with a foosball program she intentionally destroyed and turned into a laughingstock over her years at the helm but gets rewarded with “best overall athletic program” 3 times.

Thank you for proving my point.

Comment

Yes with a foosball program she intentionally destroyed and turned into a laughingstock over her years at the helm but gets rewarded with “best overall athletic program” 3 times.

Thank you for proving my point.
                I realize your game is to just keep this going and you are pro-IUP and all, but after peeling the onion down what I see now is a clear pattern of misogyny. While you pay lip service to women's sports, you have expressed over and over the supreme importance of "the money sports", namely football (foosball?) and men's basketball. You liken the "minor sports" to "hopscotch" and "jump rope", where the misogyny is clearly evident. Finally (and I do mean finally), your obsession/fixation on "Ms. Taylor" really says it all.

I am done with this ridiculous conversation. Keep it going if that's what turns you on but I will no longer be enticed to participate.

Comment

I realize your game is to just keep this going and you are pro-IUP and all, but after peeling the onion down what I see now is a clear pattern of misogyny. While you pay lip service to women's sports, you have expressed over and over the supreme importance of "the money sports", namely football (foosball?) and men's basketball. You liken the "minor sports" to "hopscotch" and "jump rope", where the misogyny is clearly evident. Finally (and I do mean finally), your obsession/fixation on "Ms. Taylor" really says it all.

I am done with this ridiculous conversation. Keep it going if that's what turns you on but I will no longer be enticed to participate.
                  You really are digging deep in the bull**** well aren’t you?

Im as socially liberal as they come and think women’s sports are essential. Ladies basketball is a money sport now. So guys can’t play hopscotch or jump rope?? Are you a toxic male?

The only one being ridiculous here is you. You can’t see my point because you don’t want to see it because you were happy to see Lock Haven win a trophy that is based on flawed calculations. If your foosball program hasn’t had a winning season since 1979… you can still be called the best athletic program? For realsies? I mean at least try be 6-5 every year like East Dennyburg.

I call her Ms. Taylor because she favored ladies sports over the men. Didn’t she get sued for it? I’m calling her out on her sexism. Before you call me homophobic remember I’m the G to her L.

Now try again.
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 04-30-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

You are only done because you can’t present facts that the Dixon isn’t skewered towards schools who win the less costly sports and don’t try to compete hard for the more costly sports and high profile like foosball and basketball.

Why is IUP punished for doing things their way but schools that either suck or mediocre year after year in foosball and basketball always in the running for this trophy. It should be set up so schools can win it despite how they emphasize how to spend their money. Doubling the reward points for winning foosball, basketball and baseball on the men’s side and volleyball, basketball and softball on the ladies side helps give an IUP a chance against the Track U and walk On U who game the calculations. Everyone deserves to be rewarded if successful at what they do. If IUP wins the most conference titles this year but is mid pack in the standings how does that equate? Stop rewarded schools for second place.

Sure Gannon bucked the trend last year by winning some too titles and had a strong showing in most sports (and they don’t have track) but even they had a lousy record in foosball.

I find it laughable how foosball is literally a non factor for this trophy yet it’s the sport that links this whole board together.

mind boggling.
                    Last edited by IUPNation; 04-30-2023, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Oh look…IUP Rugby just won another National Title.

But we stink at Dodge Ball and Darts so we don’t have a top notch athletic program….

Comment

Oh look…IUP Rugby just won another National Title.

But we stink at Dodge Ball and Darts so we don’t have a top notch athletic program….
                        Rugby is a club sport. Doesn't count. Kind of like Edinboro's wheelchair basketball team. Mercyhurst's D1 hockey programs don't count either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Rugby is a club sport. Doesn't count. Kind of like Edinboro's wheelchair basketball team. Mercyhurst's D1 hockey programs don't count either.
                          I get it. If only IUP won the Pee Sack Tug of War title.

Darn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

For PSAC purposes, you're correct about Mercyhurst hockey not counting, but they are a varsity program, unlike IUP's rugby club.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

For PSAC purposes, you're correct about Mercyhurst hockey not counting, but they are a varsity program, unlike IUP's rugby club.
                              Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                New over/under just hit the boards in Vegas

Over or Under, posts on this topic, 155.5, by May 15

I'll give Nation one thing (and always do) ... NOBODY is going to 'last word' him on a topic. Many have tried. All have failed.

Place your bets. This is Post 119.
                                If you bet the over, feel free to cash in now... We hit Post 156 on April 30 - two weeks ahead of schedule.

Meanwhile, I noticed that of the 21 D2 conferences which I could find all-sports trophies (I didn't see one for the Lone Star Conference or the CIAA), four of them - the MIAA, the GNAC, the PacWest and the CACC* - use a similar scoring scheme to the PSAC's Dixon Trophy. I may either add to this thread or start a new thread breaking down how all of the D2 conferences score their Dixon Trophy equivalents.

* - The CACC awards points for both regular season and postseason standings in determining points towards the averages - they also award separate men's all-sports and women's all-sports trophies instead of a single all-sports trophy.
                                Last edited by ctrabs74; 05-02-2023, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X