Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's a laugh riot that you continue to dump on Shippensburg when we've won exactly one of the last eight Dixon Trophies awarded (West Chester has won five in that time frame), and the privates, Gannon and Mercyhurst, appear to be moving ahead recently using their considerable financial resources. You have to be good in quite a few other sports other than track and field hockey to win the Dixon, or we obviously would have won more recently as we've had outstanding teams in both those sports. IUP is a considerably larger school than Ship, so I'd say it's your problem if you're not spending as much or more on sports.

My last word on the subject, but feel free to get in the last word as you always do and, as they say, go out and buy a little cheese to go along with your whine.
    You stopped winning them after they changed the original calculation formula.

West Chester wins because they win the sports fee offer so it props up their average.

I’ll accept your concession of defeat. You knew I was right.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

West Chester wins because they win the sports fee offer so it props up their average.

Joe's won four men's basketball titles in a row. Tort has won two of the last five -- and may be favored to win again this Fall.

If the trade-off is some so-so teams in the other sports ... fine by me.

Comment

I'd like to compare the full athletic budgets of every school...just because you offer more sports doesn't mean you are spending more money overall. How much does it cost to sponsor track and field teams as opposed to a foosball team. What draws more to Seth Grove...foosball or track???
        I would like to see the facts and figures on that, if you would take on the assignment.

Comment

Well, was gonna stay quiet, but this is such a lulu that I can't help it. So after repeatedly saying this was rigged for Ship because of track and field hockey, you now basically say we're not going to win because it is somehow rigged in West Chester's favor (even though Gannon won it last year).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Joe's won four men's basketball titles in a row. Tort has won two of the last five -- and may be favored to win again this Fall.

And if that's the way IUP wants to play it, fine with me and I'm not going to whine about you winning titles. It's up to the rest of us to do something if we want to break up the current big 3 football monopoly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I would like to see the facts and figures on that, if you would take on the assignment.
              Can you cc me to that, please?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We should have won 7 of these Dixon Trophies.

However you only win it if you’re good and win the PeeSack title in at Tag, Hide and Go Seek, Hopscotch, Jump Rope, Duck Duck Goose and Potato Sack Races.

Comment

Well, was gonna stay quiet, but this is such a lulu that I can't help it. So after repeatedly saying this was rigged for Ship because of track and field hockey, you now basically say we're not going to win because it is somehow rigged in West Chester's favor (even though Gannon won it last year).
                  Go look at how many West Chester won after they changed the formula….

I’ll wait.

I offer up facts and figures. You offer up nothing.

Comment

And if that's the way IUP wants to play it, fine with me and I'm not going to whine about you winning titles. It's up to the rest of us to do something if we want to break up the current big 3 football monopoly.
                    Translation: The give out the Dixon Trophy to the losers in foosball to make them feel better.

:-)

Comment

I found this on IUP. How accurate is it? Who can say. It says IUP spends over 7 million on athletics and turns out a small profit overall.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...t-life/sports/
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 04-18-2023, 06:08 AM.

Comment

If you are going to defend the status quo, at least put up some sort of argument other than pathetic, weak potshots at me.

Don’t be like your foosball team on the field.

:-)

Comment

I found this on IUP. How accurate is it? Who can say. It says IUP spends over 7 million on athletics and turns out a small profit overall.

That is a start and those are good questions. You got your work cut out for you. There are 16 other schools. Thanks for taking this on.

Comment

That is a start and those are good questions. You got your work cut out for you. There are 16 other schools. Thanks for taking this on.
                            Oh no. You all want to fight me on how this Trophy For Pee Sack Mediocrity is all fine and dandy you all can prove your schools spend as much as IUP.

Otherwise I’ll keep taking victory laps for another argument won!

Comment

Accurate, but student activity fee and regular old budget money counts as revenue. I wouldn't characterize it as profit - they finished the year under budget. Given IUP's financial situation, that's a very good thing.

Comment

Oh no. You all want to fight me on how this Trophy For Pee Sack Mediocrity is all fine and dandy you all can prove your schools spend as much as IUP.

Otherwise I’ll keep taking victory laps for another argument won!
                                I have no dog in this fight. You need something to do with your time and energy besides obsess over getting one of those trophies. Besides. just think what is going to happen when Penn West and Commwealth U. start winning the trophy every year. We know some schools have been winning with multiple running sports, Penn West has 3 football and 3 basketball teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X