Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former SRU QB

Former SRU QB Rivers made a late appearance in USFL for Pittsburgh Maulers yesterday.
    Good luck on him.

I didn't like what they did to him. He hadn't played in a real game since what -- 2019? And five days after signing Rivers, they put him in against the best team in the USFL, in the fourth quarter, with the Maulers down by one touchdown, because the head coach didn't like his starter's body language. No surprise Rivers looked ill-prepared and went 3-for-9 for 25 yards. I hope the coaches don't hold that against him. They shouldn't have thrown him in the fire like that.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Does anyone watch the USFL? Yikes...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
        I didn't like what they did to him. He hadn't played in a real game since what -- 2019? And five days after signing Rivers, they put him in against the best team in the USFL, in the fourth quarter, with the Maulers down by one touchdown, because the head coach didn't like his starter's body language. No surprise Rivers looked ill-prepared and went 3-for-9 for 25 yards. I hope the coaches don't hold that against him. They shouldn't have thrown him in the fire like that.
        The coach is comically terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Comment

I'm ready for a break from football in May and June. ESPN's constant chatter about potential NFL lineup decisions that are weeks away really gets annoying. I suppose they have to keep yakking to fill all the empty air space.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
              I'm ready for a break from football in May and June. ESPN's constant chatter about potential NFL lineup decisions that are weeks away really gets annoying. I suppose they have to keep yakking to fill all the empty air space.

Comment

I've read and been told the USFL will be around for next season with games being played at home stadiums and they're hoping to have a decent amount of people in seats to generate revenue/interest. I'm interested in seeing if the Philly team plays at Lincoln Financial, Franklin Stadium or if they take the games to the soccer stadium in Chester.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                    I've read and been told the USFL will be around for next season with games being played at home stadiums and they're hoping to have a decent amount of people in seats to generate revenue/interest. I'm interested in seeing if the Philly team plays at Lincoln Financial, Franklin Stadium or if they take the games to the soccer stadium in Chester.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X