Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC East 2022

Figured we could start some chatter in the lesser talked about Eastern side of the conference. I think the East has become the more difficult division in the last year or 2. The top 3 are similar on both sides, but the east's middle I think is stronger with Ship/ESU having showed some strides last year.

1. Shepherd- Harlon Hill winner is back, along with Ryan Beach and Ronnie Brown. Fisher is the best lineman in the PSAC and the offense should be pretty damn good. Defensively there are a ton of questions with only 2 or 3 returning starters. If the offense can keep the pressure on teams to keep up, Shepherd's overall team speed on defense should make them tough, and help their lack of size up front.

2. Kutztown- Well coached team. Going off their consistency year to year and just feel like Clements is always going to have a very tough team. Blaine I'm assuming has the inside track on the QB position and has the top 2 rushers back. Kapp had one year left at WR and should lead a pretty good group there. Defense I'd expect to be solid led by Tyler Whary.

3. West Chester- Very young team that started coming on late in the year. Gave IUP and Shepherd big scares and had opportunities late to win. Dooley and McKenzie should lead a good offensive attack. A year older and I think is a dark horse for the conference title if they young team keeps improving and developing.

4. ESU- Defense was good last year. I think they have the edge over Ship with the returning experience at QB.

5. Shippensburg- Schedule a little tougher this year, think the record regresses because of that. Mussina not coming back hurts.

6. Millersville- Just a wild guess that they beat Bloom this year.

7. Bloomsburg- The bloom crowd on the board hasn't been very upbeat the last year or 2. Still a very young roster/team.

8. Lock Haven- Until further notice, this is there home.

With the addition of RB Blake Hartman, the running game could be our best defense. More ball control with long drives could save our defense and ware out the wear out the opponents defense. Hopefully we have some big DL transfers.

Comment

Sept. 10

SRU at West Chester

Huge game

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
        With the addition of RB Blake Hartman, the running game could be our best defense. More ball control with long drives could save our defense and ware out the wear out the opponents defense. Hopefully we have some big DL transfers.
        They were more balanced in the playoff run, I agree they should definitely lean on that. Hartman has some pedigree, but I'll take what I know in Ronnie Brown and Ty Hebron for now. They have done it and are going to be JR/SR this year. Nice to know that depth should be good for a long season.

Comment

I do not see Ty Hebron on the 2022 roster.

Comment

I have no feeling at all plus or minus on Ship this year. Maybe some other Ship posters can offer some insights. I think there is an opportunity to surprise if some of the young talent from last season continues to improve. Mussina is a big loss, but there are QBs on the roster (Johnson III and McCracken) who look on paper to have a lot of potential. The problem is that it might take a few games for some of the new pieces to get up to snuff, and a brutal five-game home schedule (after Seton Hill, it's IUP, Shepherd, Kutztown, and ESU,) this year isn't going to allow much time to do so. When your schedule dictates that one of last year's regional finalists is going to be your Homecoming game, you know you have some work to do.

I think a 7-4 season would be good based on this year's schedule, and 8-3 or a repeat of last year's 9-2 would be exceptional

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
              I do not see Ty Hebron on the 2022 roster.
              Totally missed that. Hartman and Brown show here we go.

Comment

Bloom has 47 newcomers this year, and only a handful of pre-Sheptock returnees. Good to see DB Monaco added to the roster for his 5th year. It is difficult to predict with all the youngsters and only four seniors, but hopefully they show improvement.

Comment

This needs to be the year that ESU gets over the hump, wins a big division game, and finishes with at least 6 wins. The program has been getting stronger, which is good to see, but at a certain point you want to see results on the field. The pieces are in place, Jimmy. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                    This needs to be the year that ESU gets over the hump, wins a big division game, and finishes with at least 6 wins. The program has been getting stronger, which is good to see, but at a certain point you want to see results on the field. The pieces are in place, Jimmy. Make it happen.
                    I see 4Ws-@PACE, LHU, @MILL, Bloom to go with 3Ls-IUP, SHEP, @CAL which leaves @SHU (W??), KUTZ (L??), WCU (L??) and @SHIP (L ??). 6 seems very possible, 7 well within range. Then the hard part recruiting to keep things going while not losing anyone of significance in the TP. See you in the Valley come November.

Comment

"The Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference will reveal its PSAC East and West Football Preseason Polls via social media and on the PSAC site Thursday, August 4, at 2:30 p.m."

https://psacsports.org/news/2022/7/2...-august-4.aspx

Comment

IMO I think the East will have a 3 way tie for 1st place with Shepherd, Kutztown & surprisingly Ship all finishing 6-1 within the division and Shepherd getting the tie breaker to play SRU/IUP in the state title game. In order I think it'll finish like this

T1 Shepherd
                        T1 Kutztown
                        T1 Shippensburg
                        4 West Chester
                        5 East Stroudsburg
                        6 Bloomsburg
                        7 Millersville
                        8 Lock Haven

Comment

I ain't studying these tentative rosters and I'm more focused on who the Phillies can pick up at the trade deadline but here are my projections for the East. mainly based on incomplete information and a flawed perception of program strength across the division.

1. Shepherd - I would coronate them champs right now.
                          2. ESU - I think they can make that leap - it's a program on the rise.
                          3. Kutztown - Always seems to have the ability to reload. Of course, as everyone says, they are "well-coached."
                          4. WCU - I think they edge out Ship for the #4 spot. You can never tell how walk-ons will perform.
                          5. Shippensburg - Ship manages to stay in the conversation every year.
                          6. Lock Haven - Everybody writes them off but nobody knows what emerges under the new regime. They've done some recruiting that has some potential if they can quickly learn to play together. I think they can work their way up towards the middle of the pack. I think they have some energy lacking in #7 and #8.
                          7. Bloom - I think there has been a decline in the athletics program across the board, and that will extend to football.
                          8. Millersville - Just no momentum.

Comment

1. Shepherd - Rams' D may be young but they'll score so many points it won't matter. If QB1 stays healthy, they'll win the East.

2. West Chester - This is a loaded up group of walk-ons.

3. Kutztown - Took some heavy losses but they are more in the 'reload' program stage than 'rebuild'

4/5. Ship and ESU - Both get IUP at home early. We'll learn a lot about each of them against the Crimson Hawks.

6. Bloomsburg - The Huskies can't actually get passed up by the Bald Eagles ... can they?

7. Millersville - Like Seton Hill in the West, the Marauders are slowing getting better. But, East teams 1-5 will clobber them this year.

8. Lock Haven - Perhaps this is finally the regime to turn it around. But, I think we've said that on here about 10 times in the past 20 years. Serious growing pains are coming. The biggest challenge for this new staff is keeping the team together when Portal Season arrives in late November.

Comment

I'll take a shot at this

1. Shep - hard to go against the trigger man here
                              2. WCU - down year for them last year, they've added some pieces, i think they bounce back
                              3. ESU - my big mover in the East - think they breakout this year
                              4. Kutztown - some big shoes to replace, they'll feel that this year
                              5. Ship - I like what they brought in but I think this year will be a bit of a reload and they'll contend again in 23
                              6. Millersville - slowly getting better
                              7. Bloom - slowly getting worse
                              8. Lock Haven - no idea what to expect but I like their new guy and he's pushing the envelope

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X