Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason Top 30 Rankings

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2022/7...o-honored.aspx

Really surprised to see them that high after the poundings the PSAC has taken in the national playoffs recently. Obviously the offense has a lot of buzz with Bagent returning. Guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Really surprised to see them that high after the poundings the PSAC has taken in the national playoffs recently. Obviously the offense has a lot of buzz with Bagent returning. Guess we'll see.
      Kutz 12 and Cal in Top 20 speaks volumes about the legitimacy of this poll.

Comment

Comment

Both lost a lot, Bob.

I could give a F if IUP is in it. Every year IUP is ranked high in these 'polls' they stink.

Interns make these polls. Nobody else gives a F about D2.

But, with your 8 career posts I get you're a parent. Good luck this year.
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 07-30-2022, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Good luck to your Rams. I wish Shepherd was still in the MEC.
            Last edited by crixus; 07-30-2022, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Kutz 12 and Cal in Top 20 speaks volumes about the legitimacy of this poll.
              I like it , more motivation to get there game at a high level. U are correct they seem to play alot better and more focused when there not pegged high in these shaky polls.

Comment

Not sure Shepherd should be ranked this high, but it is good for the school, the PSAC, and SR1. 32 days until kick off.

Comment

One year not too long ago Edinboro was ranked #6 in one of these magazine polls. They didn't even make the playoffs. Meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Both lost a lot, Bob.

I could give a F if IUP is in it. Every year IUP is ranked high in these 'polls' they stink.

Interns make these polls. Nobody else gives a F about D2.

But, with your 8 career posts I get you're a parent. Good luck this year.
                    Not a parent. Got more than eight posts. Got the same read from your original statement. :)
                    Last edited by jrshooter; 07-31-2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Preseason polls are like throwing darts in a dark room.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        Preseason polls are like throwing darts in a dark room.
                        I think what publications such as this one are saying is 'Hey, we acknowledge that the lower divisions exist' by adding a page or half a page to D2 and D3. These ratings are pretty bad, even by the standards that we've seen in the past. At least they put it out, but it has no relationship with reality.

Although, I would add, that it is possible for Shepherd to end up in the NC game. If things align right they could emerge as the regional champ and win a semifinal game. I think I'm one of the few people who think our region can still be represented in the NC.

Aside from Shepherd at #2, the ratings are not worth anything. Compare the list to actual results at the end of the season.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                              Not sure Shepherd should be ranked this high, but it is good for the school, the PSAC, and SR1. 32 days until kick off.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X