Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Years ago the Patriot-News had what probably was one of the best high school sports sections in the nation. I say that without qualification as I was familiar with what was being done at many larger papers. They hit the Penn State beat with Ronnie Crist and others, but they also found time to cover a lot of other regional sports and even made occasional visits to Ship games. I remember riding along with Bob Hafer of the Patriot to cover the Ship-Virginia Union first-round playoff game in Richmond in 1981. They had a high school football preview every year that was a wealth of information and also had great wrestling and basketball coverage. It's been a shame to see that decline to a ghost of its former self over the years.
    Preaching to the choir, my friend. And I thank you for the kind words about the HS preview sections. We won quite a few national awards with that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

There is some information out there. Problem is, there's only so much time a day I want to be fooling around on the computer. I probably do far too much of it now.
        This site is probably the best source around for D2 news. It's year-round, and many of the long-time posters have a lot of direct information that coincidentally leaks from right inside these athletic departments.

This is almost always the first place to read about firings, transfers, scandals, etc.

I never read the propaganda game story releases from the schools.

Comment

I might jab at IUP in jest at times, but we're in dead agreement on that. This has become the go-to for PSAC news.

Comment

Haven't seen a Pocono area newspaper writer in the Press Box at ESU in years.

Comment

Neither the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette nor the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review said a peep today about the PSAC preseason poll.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Neither the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette nor the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review said a peep today about the PSAC preseason poll.
                Greensburg Trib had a small article yesterday.. Headline, Seton Hill picked fifth in PSAC. Something is better than nothing I guess.

After listening to all the coaches outlook for the season, I'm convinced all will have great seasons; well except for maybe Lock Haven, Clarion & Millersville.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X