X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Edinboro 0
    Franklin Pierce 0

Both teams look like they haven't played since last November.
    IUP hang over still going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
      Bloom doing pretty good considering, up 17-13 freshman QB KJ Riley not doing to bad. Pass defense is a problem though
      bloom loses in double overtime- had a chance to win but a 15 yd penalty in the first overtime cost them

Comment

• Rock 14, Wayne State 0, 10:18 1st. Cohen Russell already has 95 yards in combined kick returns.

Comment

• Rock pounding WSU. Not surprised. Wayne is young

Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post
            Rock pounding WSU. Not surprised. Wayne is young
            Well, they were 2-9 last year and their top player now plays for SRU.

I was (still am) expecting 58-14.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, they were 2-9 last year and their top player now plays for SRU.

I was (still am) expecting 58-14.
              Strong SRU showing. WSU will be lucky to win a game this year.

Comment

• An inauspicious Week 1 performance by PSAC as a whole.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                  An inauspicious Week 1 performance by PSAC as a whole.
                  …and none of it was IUP’s fault!

Comment

An inauspicious Week 1 performance by PSAC as a whole.
                    How so?? Of the top 6, 4 won (3 easily), 1 DNP, and 1 was embarrassed. Beyond that what were you expecting. GANNON surprised, HURST, BORO and LHU got it done. BLOOM, SHIP and ESU are rebuilding still/again. And SHU, CLAR, and MILL played like SHU, CLAR and MILL.
                    The playoff potential contenders are narrower than the last few years, IMO, with only SHEP, SRU, IUP and CAL seeming likely and it's possible the PSAC may only get 2 spots. Stuff happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

How so?? Of the top 6, 4 won (3 easily), 1 DNP, and 1 was embarrassed. Beyond that what were you expecting. GANNON surprised, HURST, BORO and LHU got it done. BLOOM, SHIP and ESU are rebuilding still/again. And SHU, CLAR, and MILL played like SHU, CLAR and MILL.
                      The playoff potential contenders are narrower than the last few years, IMO, with only SHEP, SRU, IUP and CAL seeming likely and it's possible the PSAC may only get 2 spots. Stuff happens.
                      Since IUP wasn't playing I wasn't following the slate of games too close today. I did watch a little of the LHU-Post game, that's all.

However, when I look at the results from this week I see some slippage for the PSAC with respect to the NE10 and even the MEC.

I don't care if it's a rebuilding year. When does Ship lose to WV State by 29 to 6? Everybody, including me, expects more out of ESU this year but then they get beat by Pace by15. I am not too surprised that Pace won but the margin of victory surprises me. Pace has improved a lot in a short period of time.

I expect Hurst to have little trouble with A-B but the result was less than overwhelming.. St. A beats Ville by 18. I guess times have changed. SHU can't seem to get off the ground. I thought LHU would have an easier time with Post in their first year of competition. Boro by 3 over Franklin Pierce? Wow.

Across the board, I see a weaker PSAC.

Yes, maybe the top teams are competitive. But in terms of the league this reminds me of the conversations in recent years about the widening gap in the PSAC, the have's and have nots.

It's just my observation from looking at the numbers this weekend.
                      Last edited by iupgroundhog; 09-03-2022, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Since IUP wasn't playing I wasn't following the slate of games too close today. I did watch a little of the LHU-Post game, that's all.

However, when I look at the results from this week I see some slippage for the PSAC with respect to the NE10 and even the MEC.

I don't care if it's a rebuilding year. When does Ship lose to WV State by 29 to 6? Everybody, including me, expects more out of ESU this year but then they get beat by Pace by15. I am not too surprised that Pace won but the margin of victory surprises me. Pace has improved a lot in a short period of time.

I expect Hurst to have little trouble with A-B but the result was less than overwhelming.. St. A beats Ville by 18. I guess times have changed. SHU can't seem to get off the ground. I thought LHU would have an easier time with Post in their first year of competition. Boro by 3 over Franklin Pierce? Wow.

Yes, maybe the top teams are competitive. But in terms of the league this reminds me of the conversations in recent years about the widening gap in the PSAC, the have's and have nots.

I guess I'm just used to things as they've been for about the 15 years technical has allowed me to observe PSAC FB from the far side of Queens, NYC. With the exception of 4 added schools "the rich get rich and the poor get poorer." Occasionally, Gannon, 'Hurst, Ship, or Bloom will rise for a season or two but, other than Kutz not showing up, I'd say things followed pretty much as expected, IMO,

Comment

• I think the widening gap in the Pee Sack is caused by the fact that a Pennsylvania isn’t quite the foosball player producing state it used to be…there is just less talent to pick from as the high school pool dwindles in most areas of PA.

Pee Sack schools need to try to recruit more from Flori-duh or Texastan. I’m sure there are enough kids down there that would like a chance to escape those two ****holes. :-)

Comment

The three shockers, my opinion, were Shippensburg, Kutztown and East Stroudsburg. ESU, frankly, because they lost to a creampuff. Shippensburg because they got run over. Kutztown getting shutout is mind-blowing.

I'd also add Millersville as a total disappointment.

Mercyhurst looked bad against basically an all-freshmen team but found a way to win.

Seton Hill looked awful despite the mild buzz of improvement. That was a 50/50 pick. I thought they'd at least lose closer.

Gannon, picked by few, was the suckers' bet on the board. #Lit-AF lost a lot of close games a year ago and returned a ton. Charleston is in a rebuild year.

Cal, SRU and Shepherd did as expected.

Edinboro got a real ugly, 3-point win against a team that was 0-10 last year. If the Boro line struggled with FP ... no idea how they'll handle the powerful fronts in the West.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                              I think the widening gap in the Pee Sack is caused by the fact that a Pennsylvania isn’t quite the foosball player producing state it used to be…there is just less talent to pick from as the high school pool dwindles in most areas of PA.

Pee Sack schools need to try to recruit more from Flori-duh or Texastan. I’m sure there are enough kids down there that would like a chance to escape those two ****holes. :-)
                              No need to range that far. Ship, for one, needs to bring in more kids from Jersey and venture into the region just south of the Mason-Dixon line where Shepherd has had a ton of success recruiting. Plenty of talent in those areas and not a whole lot of D2 schools, especially in Jersey. I agree the quality of football in Pa. overall has declined. One principal reason is enrollment declines in the WPIAL region, long one of the state's football hotbeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The three shockers, my opinion, were Shippensburg, Kutztown and East Stroudsburg. ESU, frankly, because they lost to a creampuff. Shippensburg because they got run over. Kutztown getting shutout is mind-blowing.

I'd also add Millersville as a total disappointment.

Mercyhurst looked bad against basically an all-freshmen team but found a way to win.

Seton Hill looked awful despite the mild buzz of improvement. That was a 50/50 pick. I thought they'd at least lose closer.

Gannon, picked by few, was the suckers' bet on the board. #Lit-AF lost a lot of close games a year ago and returned a ton. Charleston is in a rebuild year.

Cal, SRU and Shepherd did as expected.

Edinboro got a real ugly, 3-point win against a team that was 0-10 last year. If the Boro line struggled with FP ... no idea how they'll handle the powerful fronts in the West.
                                It certainly was a shocker for this Ship fan. I expected some regression at Ship with the departure of Mussina and a bunch of newcomers at several positions, but the complete offensive ineptitude against a team they had beaten last season was stunning. Four turnovers and eight sacks obviously aren't going to get it done. The running game has been so-so for several years now, especially against quality opponents, and the first-game results don't indicate it will be much this year. The defense appeared to be OK for most of the game, but finally broke.

Ship has been in a sort of uneven decline since the Zapoticky teams. A horrible Covid year was relieved somewhat by the 9-2 showing last year, but even that was something of a mirage as they really only beat one team of good quality (West Chester) and another halfway decent team (ESU) while being clearly outclassed by Shepherd and Kutztown. Perhaps they'll bounce back this week, but I've rapidly gone from hoping to be competitive with IUP and Shepherd this year to hoping they don't completely run the Raiders off the field.

Got the shiny new locker room. Now it's time for Coach Mac and the staff to bring in the recruits. Hopefully, some of the younger guys will develop. The worrisome thing now is that the transfer portal looms after any below-par season. Can you keep future stars long enough to rebuild? Coach Fite has been able to hand on to his guys in basketball (six seasons in a row of 20 or more wins hasn't hurt). We'll see if Mac can do the same in FB.

I'm worried along with some others that the divide between the haves and have-nots, always present, could be growing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X